2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really?

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Everyone has their own taste. The ebony matches the black/ebony interior plastics. The roast is a traditional brown leather (think saddle brown) and the accents are a wood/leather brown. I personally think it looks really rich and compliments the bronco name/outdoors styling.
That's why someone came up with the saying "if everyone was the same life would be boring." Everyone likes something different and that's okay. If it wasn't we would all still be driving black cars.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It isn't that simple. Not sure if you have actually seen the interior of the BL, but the brown is all over the place: passenger and driver seats, rear seats, doors, dashboard, etc. Sure, I would be willing to spend the $3500 with Katzkin to replace all the leather with another leather color of my liking. However, now I would have to pull all the trim inside and paint it as well. What's the point? For all that extra cost, why bother?

Ford should have a Carbon Fiber trim option, which would be nice. No - not worth the extra expense and headaches to change the entire interior to eliminate the brown color. Easiest and most cost effective option is to drop down to OB. Only difference between the fully loaded OB and BL is the engine. I can get everything I want in the OB otherwise.
Seen it? I own one, yeah. I can admit I would have also liked a more generic pewter/black, but it isn't as bad as you think. Where is all this brown you're talking about? The seats, yeah, of course. Parts of them, not all is brown. All the fixed pieces, the base and pivots are black. The pillars, kick panels and all the console panels are black. There's no trim to pull. Headliner is white. The dashboard? That's black, my dude. The only part of the door that's brown is the armrest. The flooring, the cargo area, the carpeted seatback and rubber is all black. Even the console is black except once again, the armrest that can be changed with a $50 part. Kaztkin site says the cost to put it in is as little as half what you're claiming. By the way, I'm not arguing about it. This is just what it is.

If all that you think is different is the motor, then I really think you haven't done your research. If you don't care about the Badlands kit at all, then just go buy an Edge or Forester or Pathfinder in the color you want. Honestly they're probably really similarly capable just off the assembly line. Or get the OB and since you don't even know what's different, maybe you wouldn't miss it after all!

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Appr
Seen it? I own one, yeah. I can admit I would have also liked a more generic pewter/black, but it isn't as bad as you think. Where is all this brown you're talking about? The seats, yeah, of course. Parts of them, not all is brown. All the fixed pieces, the base and pivots are black. The pillars, kick panels and all the console panels are black. There's no trim to pull. Headliner is white. The dashboard? That's black, my dude. The only part of the door that's brown is the armrest. The flooring, the cargo area, the carpeted seatback and rubber is all black. Even the console is black except once again, the armrest that can be changed with a $50 part. Kaztkin site says the cost to put it in is as little as half what you're claiming. By the way, I'm not arguing about it. This is just what it is.

If all that you think is different is the motor, then I really think you haven't done your research. If you don't care about the Badlands kit at all, then just go buy an Edge or Forester or Pathfinder in the color you want. Honestly they're probably really similarly capable just off the assembly line. Or get the OB and since you don't even know what's different, maybe you wouldn't miss it after all!
Please upload pix. The BL I looked at today had the 2-tone leather, but the plastic pieces/trim on the front and rear doors, the plastic surrounding the door handles, under the entertainment screen, etc on the inside were all the brown color, including the armrest. Covering the leather and armrest are so easy and Katzkin has the solution (plus heated and cool options :)). The issue we need a resolution for are finding a replacement (in black or silver) for all the plastic pieces. Heck, I would even be willing to have all those pulled and painted if that were possible.

Please upload pix. I would love to see what you are referring to.

Thank you in advance!

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Thanks for the pic. That is exactly what we saw. So my original question still stands: has anybody seen or come up with a way to replace all the brown trim in the car with another color (like silver)? Or is it even possible to replace it?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Please upload pix. The BL I looked at today had the 2-tone leather, but the plastic pieces/trim on the front and rear doors, the plastic surrounding the door handles, under the entertainment screen, etc on the inside were all the brown color, including the armrest. Covering the leather and armrest are so easy and Katzkin has the solution (plus heated and cool options :)). The issue we need a resolution for are finding a replacement (in black or silver) for all the plastic pieces. Heck, I would even be willing to have all those pulled and painted if that were possible.

Please upload pix. I would love to see what you are referring to.

Thank you in advance!
OK, you are correct. There are accent pieces but no matter what car you get, they will have these pieces. Although I think the Base model ones are black, because I see a listing in the parts for them. Here are some pics I took around my interior.

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? IMG_20210907_075756209
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? IMG_20210528_082255892
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? IMG_20210907_075855264
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? IMG_20210821_115913206

Here's what the Navy Pier interior has in those spots:
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? bronco-sport-navy-pier-interior-

If you're ambitious, you can order the other color pieces direct from Ford. I found a few of them by searching the parts site for Dash Trim and Door Trim. It looks like the doors are between $85 and $140 depending on the color you order. This is where I see a listing for Black, so maybe someone with a Base or Big Bend can show theirs. The dash is a lot more money, and looks like a tremendous project to pull it all apart. Here's screenshots of the Ford site. They call it an applique, but it is actually that whole plastic piece sandwiched in there. Maybe you can get a shop to vinyl wrap it without taking it all apart?
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? Capture.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands with Premium package - Ebony/roast only option - really? Capture2

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Thank you! Yes - a wrap would be a great idea. Didn't even think about that. appreciate it!

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
I was hoping for a different interior color scheme on the ā€˜22. We have an Alto Blue Badlands we picked up in May and the Ebony/ Roast interior looks great with the dark blue exterior. I donā€™t mind it, but I also donā€™t have an issue with brown leather. Honestly Iā€™m so sick of all-black car interiors I usually seek out any other option where I can. Yet my Expedition is all Ebony, so thereā€™s that. Weā€™re trying to order a ā€˜22 but dealer canā€™t get our order for the ā€˜22 Sport to go through due to the moon roof. Not a huge issue, weā€™re fine holding off a bit since weā€™d like to see what the Bronze Smoke color looks like.

I think the Roast/ Ebony combo looks much better in person than what most pictures show. It pairs really well with the darker exterior colors, IMO. But I do wish they had a different option to choose from.
Bronze smoke is a current Lincoln colour. Itā€™s really nice.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I swear I saw this dead horse move so I'm gonna beat it too.

The ebony roast trim didn't thrill me when ordering. You brought up several good points and pidgeon holding customers to a certain interior trim does deter some customers like yourself and therefore probably not the greatest business decision. That said, the moment I saw it I liked it and still continue to love everything about my Badlands. I've never been more happy with a vehicle.

I definitely would NOT sacrifice the 2.0 engine and other off-road capabilities because of the interior color. Shoot, wouldn't even trade you for a First Edition with zero miles for my BL now with 5,800 miles and two rock chips. They're also missing features and is NOT the best you can get. Soooo don't die on this hill is my advice.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Bronze smoke is a current Lincoln colour. Itā€™s really nice.
Bronze Smoke is only a color on the 2022 Aviator, Bronco Sport and possible late availability on Super Duty.. No dealership within 1000 miles of me has taken delivery of a ā€˜22 Aviator yet. Two dealers near me have at least one coming in with a Bronze Smoke exterior, no ETA but VIN exists and shows in Ford inventory search. So if you have seen this color with your own eyes, then youā€™re lucky. Ford has not used this paint code before. Ford only has it showing in their colorizer, no pictures seem to be out there. There are a few pictures of a Black Label Aviator that are floating around on Google and tagged as Bronze Smoke, but a video of the same car at the Detroit Auto Show says itā€™s something else like Caviar Chrome or some nonsense as they like to name their exclusive Black Label colors.

Perhaps youā€™re thinking of their Bronze Fire color? It was a color a few years back on the Super Duty and I almost bought a F-350 that color, but opted for Blue Jeans instead. Bronze Fire made a brief appearance on the 3rd-gen Navigator. Thereā€™s also the Crystal Copper color that was offered on the 2020 Aviator.

JamiJami

Outer Banks
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape, 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So we REALLY want the 2022 Badlands fully loaded with the Premium Package. However, the only interior option for the premium package is the 2-tone leather in ebony/roast. Why would Ford force everybody into that color scheme? Why not offer the Navy Pier color scheme or even just ebony?

We dislike the brown interior so much, we are forced into ordering the Outer Banks. So we are sacrificing the 2.0L engine for the 1.5L engine just to choose an interior color that is palatable.

So disappointing! Anybody have ideas how to get around this?
Have you seen ebony/roast in person? I thought my wife would be sick when I told her what it was, but she loved it when she saw it! We have OB in Area 51

OP
OP

Sharkman

Badlands
First Name
Mako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Have you seen ebony/roast in person? I thought my wife would be sick when I told her what it was, but she loved it when she saw it! We have OB in Area 51
yes - we have. and it is not very appealing to us, which is very unfortunate. No sense in spending $40k for a car that every time you get into you regret the decision because it is, well, ugly. We put in the order for the fully loaded OB instead of the BL. There is no way we could live with the ebony/roast interior.

And I do hear what you are all saying about the 2.0L vs the 1.5L, but again, what's the point of having a 2.0L if we hate the interior? 1st World problems I suppose...

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
We can agree with the OPā€¦so close to ordering a BL, the singular hitch is the premium interior option. All but a few of the BLā€™s weā€™ve viewed have this option and it appears one can ā€œwarmā€ up to itā€¦but agree with other posts and wonder who is making these decisions @ Dearborn? An all ebony interior in leather is a no brainer!

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The point of having the 2L is that itā€™s virtually a different vehicle. By going to the OB you also lose the suspension and 4 wheel drive capabilities. BL is a significantly more capable vehicle, and thatā€™s not because of the engine size. And if those features arenā€™t important then maybe the BL isnā€™t worth it anyway. Youā€™re paying for those things and if all youā€™re after is the larger engine thereā€™s a lot of other vehicles out there that check that box.

For me, I need those off-road capabilities and would not even consider a lower model as itā€™s a poor use of my money. I donā€™t even really care about the engine size that much. I didnt order a Bronco Sport badlands because itā€™s a Ford, or because itā€™s a Bronco, or because I like the look. I ordered it because after doing significant homework, i realized it is the best vehicle to do all of the things I need a vehicle to do.

should Ford put the 2L in the other models? Yeah probably, I donā€™t really understand why they donā€™t. But when someone makes this choice solely based on the engine size they are kind of discounting the entire functional purpose of the badlands
Sponsored

Last edited: