2022 Badlands Order / Communications from Ford

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"Are high volume dealers having orders (retail and/or stock) being prioritized"

Yes. By a huge margin. "Allocation" has become the industry norm. All orders are most certainly not equal...
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
"Are high volume dealers having orders (retail and/or stock) being prioritized"

Yes. By a huge margin. "Allocation" has become the industry norm. All orders are most certainly not equal...
So the COVP is basically BS. All customer orders are required to be verified now, and they are supposed to receive priority scheduling, but it's almost like the whole point of the program is to give smaller dealerships the illusion that they aren't being treated as second class entities.

It's possible I just have the me-ness turned up to 11 and I'm hyperfocusing on this as a way to generate unnecessary stress.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"and they are supposed to receive priority scheduling"
The beauty of allocation is that virtually any order change can be called priority...

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Update:

Ordered and confirmed 10/22/21
Received build week today of 05/23/22
Wow, I guess I got lucky. ordered 1/31/22. BL, 360+ and tow package and getting built week of 5/23 also.

Mrplowjr73

Badlands
First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BL BS, 21 KR F-450
Wow, I guess I got lucky. ordered 1/31/22. BL, 360+ and tow package and getting built week of 5/23 also.
I really have no idea why it took so long. Many with the same specs as mine have been delivered already and ordered after. Doesn't make alot of sense. But it is what it is I guess. If the kiddo didn't need a safe and reliable car to drive I would probably let it go to the sale lot. This one has all the boxes checked except the power roof and tow package.

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51, loaded.
So I ordered my BSBL from a small dealership on 1-14-2022. It’s being built now and I have my window sticker. When I ordered the BSBL, I carried a printout of the $1,000 discount for ordering and a $500 discount for military and was immediately given both discounts without further discussion. This is an honest, not high volume dealer. Thank you Prince Frederick, MD, Ford!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Badlands order and delivery process:

12/17/21: Order confirmed
1/20/22: Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of February 14, 2022.
1/26/22: Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of February 21, 2022.
2/5/22: Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of February 28, 2022.
3/3/22: Your 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has been built. Our current estimate for delivery is between March 31, 2022 and April 6, 2022.
3/4/22: Your new 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has shipped and is on its way! Our current estimate for delivery is between March 31, 2022 and April 6, 2022.
3/25/22: Picked up Badlands at dealer earlier today.

It was delivered sooner than estimated, which surprised me.

Transaction went smoothly -- other than the obligatory pushing of the extended warranties. No MSRP increases (I was not expecting any) and no attempted extortion (ADM).

Salesman initially said the $1,000 Ford "custom order rebate" was not available for the BS. I had to press it a bit but we got it, as well as 0.9% financing.

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands order and delivery process:

12/17/21: Order confirmed
1/20/22: Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of February 14, 2022.
1/26/22: Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of February 21, 2022.
2/5/22: Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of February 28, 2022.
3/3/22: Your 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has been built. Our current estimate for delivery is between March 31, 2022 and April 6, 2022.
3/4/22: Your new 2022 Bronco™ Sport Badlands™ has shipped and is on its way! Our current estimate for delivery is between March 31, 2022 and April 6, 2022.
3/25/22: Picked up Badlands at dealer earlier today.

It was delivered sooner than estimated, which surprised me.

Transaction went smoothly -- other than the obligatory pushing of the extended warranties. No MSRP increases (I was not expecting any) and no attempted extortion (ADM).

Salesman initially said the $1,000 Ford "custom order rebate" was not available for the BS. I had to press it a bit but we got it, as well as 0.9% financing.
Awesome! Did it come as ordered or will they have to install some chips later?

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Good for you! We ordered Oct 28, so maybe we will hear something soon.
I hope you do! Those of us ordered back early November (11/6 here) are getting build weeks in May so I hope you do as well!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Awesome! Did it come as ordered or will they have to install some chips later?
Came as ordered BUT:

1) Salesman and finance guy insisted that the $1,000 order credit did not apply. I finally convinced them it did but had to look it up online. I started a thread about that.

2) Beware of "FordPass". Our salesman really pushed it. By using it you give Ford permission to Hoover up a LOT of data (I plan to start another thread about this issue):

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/manage-my-fordpass-account/fordpass-terms-and-conditions/

"Information We Collect:"

"Vehicle Location: Non-precise or precise location/GPS information, including current vehicle location, travel direction, speed, charging locations used (if applicable), and information about the environment where the vehicle is operated (such as weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings, may be collected from the vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. Vehicle Location may also be derived from IP address.
Driving Data (may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior): Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.)."

"Audio/Visual (may also be referred to as Connected Voice Data, Digital Assistant, or Ford Assistant): Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state."

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Came as ordered BUT:

1) Salesman and finance guy insisted that the $1,000 order credit did not apply. I finally convinced them it did but had to look it up online. I started a thread about that.

2) Beware of "FordPass". Our salesman really pushed it. By using it you give Ford permission to Hoover up a LOT of data (I plan to start another thread about this issue):

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/manage-my-fordpass-account/fordpass-terms-and-conditions/

"Information We Collect:"

"Vehicle Location: Non-precise or precise location/GPS information, including current vehicle location, travel direction, speed, charging locations used (if applicable), and information about the environment where the vehicle is operated (such as weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings, may be collected from the vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. Vehicle Location may also be derived from IP address.
Driving Data (may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior): Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.)."

"Audio/Visual (may also be referred to as Connected Voice Data, Digital Assistant, or Ford Assistant): Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state."
Thank you for the items to be aware of!