thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You're welcome. Thank you for reminding me I need to start a thread about FordPass.
I assume you can't update the privacy settings until the vehicle is built and in your possession. Either that or the system is broken.
Sponsored

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I assume you can't update the privacy settings until the vehicle is built and in your possession. Either that or the system is broken.
That sounds correct.

Just to be clear, we picked our BL up yesterday.

Mick2022OB

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Came as ordered BUT:

1) Salesman and finance guy insisted that the $1,000 order credit did not apply. I finally convinced them it did but had to look it up online. I started a thread about that.

2) Beware of "FordPass". Our salesman really pushed it. By using it you give Ford permission to Hoover up a LOT of data (I plan to start another thread about this issue):

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/manage-my-fordpass-account/fordpass-terms-and-conditions/

"Information We Collect:"

"Vehicle Location: Non-precise or precise location/GPS information, including current vehicle location, travel direction, speed, charging locations used (if applicable), and information about the environment where the vehicle is operated (such as weather, road segment data, trail and road surface conditions and geometry, traffic signs, and other surroundings, may be collected from the vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. Vehicle Location may also be derived from IP address.
Driving Data (may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior): Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.)."

"Audio/Visual (may also be referred to as Connected Voice Data, Digital Assistant, or Ford Assistant): Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state."
Would you please provide your link for the $1000 order credit?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wouldn’t have happened to do a screen print that shows orders thru December 2021 eligible for the $1000 bonus?
The popup details only give and ending date, not a start date.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Wonder if there is a way to see what incentives were available at time of order. I only ordered last month. So not sure if this $1000 incentive was active last month.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder if there is a way to see what incentives were available at time of order. I only ordered last month. So not sure if this $1000 incentive was active last month.
It might do for someone to contact Ford CS and get the real details on this to disseminate it here.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
It might do for someone to contact Ford CS and get the real details on this to disseminate it here.
I did reach out to my dealership agent directly on this. Will post some details on what my dealership says as soon as I know more.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did reach out to my dealership agent directly on this. Will post some details on what my dealership says as soon as I know more.
The dealerships seem to dislike this incentive.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I'm not surprised, as I doubt Ford if giving this cash back to the dealerships as well in some way. Fortunately I know my agent personally, and hoping this might give me a leg up on this part of the negotiations. Considering I placed a custom order for the highest trim with everything, I would think they would be willing to work with me on these incentives.

Personally, I would love to have a 0% APR option. But, I have yet to see a 0% APR promotion for the BS, and obviously banking for a better deal at time of delivery vs the $1000 incentive, but that is still yet to be determined as I can't tell the future ?.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’m not sure where you heard this. The incentive’s are for the dealers benefit. This lowers the cost to the consumer. It does not affect the dealer at all. The issue is when they don’t know about it or are being greedy. When you purchase through a Ford plan, the incentives are on top of the discount and can be stacked with multiple incentives. I’ve never had a dealer complain. From their perspective, it give’s you more money to buy their scotchgard and fabric protection add ons which is where they have higher profit margins.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure where you heard this. The incentive’s are for the dealers benefit. This lowers the cost to the consumer. It does not affect the dealer at all. The issue is when they don’t know about it or are being greedy. When you purchase through a Ford plan, the incentives are on top of the discount and can be stacked with multiple incentives. I’ve never had a dealer complain. From their perspective, it give’s you more money to buy their scotchgard and fabric protection add ons which is where they have higher profit margins.
People here have encountered resistance from their dealers over honoring the incentive.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
People here have encountered resistance from their dealers over honoring the incentive.
I think that’s more greed or ignorance than annoyance. It really has no impact or added cost for them. In some cases, they have better knowledge of the rebates than the consumer might. Maybe in todays market, they are being more tight lipped to see if the consumer knows but as @sajohnson found out, they will honor it if you teach them about it.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I'm not surprised, as I doubt Ford if giving this cash back to the dealerships as well in some way. Fortunately I know my agent personally, and hoping this might give me a leg up on this part of the negotiations. Considering I placed a custom order for the highest trim with everything, I would think they would be willing to work with me on these incentives.

Personally, I would love to have a 0% APR option. But, I have yet to see a 0% APR promotion for the BS, and obviously banking for a better deal at time of delivery vs the $1000 incentive, but that is still yet to be determined as I can't tell the future ?.
I'm not sure if I am interpreting your post correctly, but you can get BOTH the low interest rate financing and the $1,000 order credit. We got 0.9% for 36 months and the $1,000 credit (after having to find it online to prove it existed...mumble, grumble...).

0.9% isn't 0.0%, but it's pretty close. Even $40,000 at 0.9% for 36 months only costs $557:
https://www.amortization-calc.com/auto-car-loan-calculator/

Of course $557 is still a lot of money, and the monthly payment looks like rent. Still, to the extent a person can swing it, it's much better to use Ford's money (at 0.9 or even 1.9%) to buy the BS and keep their cash in a low/no cost index fund.

If Ford did offer 0%, chances are the term would be very short. 0.9% is just 24 or 36 months.

Last I saw, there are also military and first responder discounts that can be 'stacked'. There may be other incentives I'm unaware of.
Sponsored

Last edited: