OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I agree that the purpose is to act like a locker and it will likely meet the needs of the Bronco Sport Badlands. I understand your point that it is a different system that meets the needs for this vehicle.
To point out that it is not the same as a traditional locker is a technical distinction, worthy of discussion. Not everyone that discusses the merits and liabilities of different systems is a "hater". It is part of a deeper technical discussion that some may find interesting. There is a lot of "new and different" technology on these vehicles - three cylinders, wet timing belts, dual-clutch differentials, and so on. These items and their pros and cons, should merit discussion and debate without chapping butts or offending Bronco Sport enthusiasts. That was my point, there is a technical difference here, and it shouldn't be glossed over. No hater here, just defending the analytics.
?
Sponsored

OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
no butts are getting chapped and no one is getting offended. I agree, we should be able to discuss, which is what we are doing.

I’m not referring to you as the hater. I’m referring to the haters of the bronco sport, which they do exist.

I agree technical differences should be discussed and not glossed over but if someone is going to discuss how the bronco sport doesn’t have a real 4x4 system, I’m going to discuss how it does.
Agree be able to discuss what the vehicle is!

I see there are people looking at the Broncos sports that are coming from traditional front wheel drive vehicles. AND there are also people looking at the Bronco sport like me that are coming from a rear wheel drive four wheel drive vehicles. So there are going to be different perspectives and view points.

I had commented about the Bronco sport being a 4x4 and a poster after me commented it's actually front wheel drive FWD.
So want to clarify the vehicle description does say 4x4.
(not FWD)
Also the vehicle in normal street mode from a standstill start off with power to all four wheels and then send power to both the front wheels while driving on the street.

It is utilizing all four wheels out of your garages and driveways.
And from every stop and go.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Reviews & Videos (Compilation) Screenshot_2021-01-04-14-39-22
!

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

probably the most "off road" video of the bronco sport that I have seen so far.
Nice video. I actually experienced some ruts and breakover obstacles similar to what is shown starting from about the 2:35 mark until the 3:30 mark on a trail a few weeks ago. And I did this in my BB, not a BL! Even the basic 4WD system is great and is more than capable. I think adding a lift and underbody protection would make a huge difference and while I did not sustain any damage, making those upgrades would inspire more confidence.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Agree be able to discuss what the vehicle is!

I see there are people looking at the Broncos sports that are coming from traditional front wheel drive vehicles. AND there are also people looking at the Bronco sport like me that are coming from a rear wheel drive four wheel drive vehicles. So there are going to be different perspectives and view points.

I had commented about the Bronco sport being a 4x4 and a poster after me commented it's actually front wheel drive FWD.
So want to clarify the vehicle description does say 4x4.
(not FWD)
Also the vehicle in normal street mode from a standstill start off with power to all four wheels and then send power to both the front wheels while driving on the street.

It is utilizing all four wheels out of your garages and driveways.
And from every stop and go.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Reviews & Videos (Compilation) Screenshot_2021-01-04-14-39-22
!
A locking center diff with selectable 4H/4L/2H modes is an old bias -- hard core guys will say that setup is the only true 4WD. Newer models -- the Big Bronco included -- offer a 4A mode too. The Sport is 4A all the time, like an "AWD" vehicle -- unless you also engage the 4WD lock and/or the rear diff lock. But even then I'm not sure how much they're actually 'locked' vs. 'automatic' in various situations. I'd say the BL 4WD lock and rear diff lock qualify it as a 4x4 or 4WD vehicle vs. 'AWD' like, say, the current Escape, or CR-V AWD, or any number of other current 'AWD' vehicles. Is the BS BL as "hard-core" as those many others, like the Wrangler, etc.? NO, but I'm okay with that, for all of the all-around comfort, convenience, utility, value, etc. I'm getting with the Sport BL.

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The longer I drive my Outer Banks, the more I love it! Extremely satisfied.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk

This guy does good reviews, but this isn't it. Aparantly he's going to have up one of his normal reviews and some sort of over landing one also.

mtnbkr1169

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Not sure how to react to this one... stomps on gas peddle, declares the Outer Banks is apocalyptically slow, and judges performance from there. The reviewer(s) walk back some of their comments but its done more tongue in cheek.... watch for yourselves and judge...

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not sure how to react to this one... stomps on gas peddle, declares the Outer Banks is apocalyptically slow, and judges performance from there. The reviewer(s) walk back some of their comments but its done more tongue in cheek.... watch for yourselves and judge...

I generally don't like their snarkiness, even less here. So it's not a Wrangler Rubicon or a Bronco Black Diamond/Badlands/Wildtrack...so what? It is...a small, lightweight, fast/powerful for its class, REASONABLY capable, far less expensive vehicle. Watch the ridiculous Australian 4x4 offroader/overlander FAILS YouTube vids sometime to see how crazy ridiculous these guys (in general) can get. WHY try to ride over 12"+ boulders or into 2' deep ruts or "lakes" when you can just go around? Do you want to be where you are, doing what you're doing, seeing what you're seeing all around -- or to be stuck behind or on top of a rock, in a rut or a lake of water, broken down and stranded? These guys are extreme, and then there's the rest of us that the Sport is built for.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands

This guy does good reviews, but this isn't it. Aparantly he's going to have up one of his normal reviews and some sort of over landing one also.
He said it was over an hour and it will be dropped sometime around Sunday (3/21)
Sponsored