fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
We hit the one year mark with the car today so thought I'd get some thoughts out after 12 months of ownership. We picked up a Cactus Gray Badlands last April and were torn between grabbing this car (250 miles away) a few months earlier than necessary or placing an order that our local dealer assured us would be in by June. So glad we went with this one given everything I read about delays as the year went on. Using x-plan pricing we actually got it for under msrp. Purchase price was 36.5 and sticker was 38.3.

We originally purchased it to replace my wife's 2001 Ford Escape in advance of our first child (born last september) but ultimately it became our only vehicle as the used car market "forced" me into selling my car in November when carmax offered me over msrp for my VW and I couldn't justify keeping it given how little we drive.

We live in downtown Chicago, so mostly city driving mixed with 3 longer road trips (Chicago to Delaware 1x (1700 Miles) and Chicago to Kansas City 2x (1100 miles)). So of the 7300 miles we've put on it, 4150 are from 4 road trips including the trip driving it home. We got the badlands solely for the 2.0 and it will never be taken offroad. I didn't enjoy the NVH from the 3 cylinder on test drives and in my opinion it doesn't have enough power.

The only "mods" are the factory thule roof rack and a thule box. Was planning on a JB4 but with gas prices where they are, the requirement for premium once installed, and some concerns with the tranny I've held off.

The good:

The 2.0 is plenty powerful around town and doesn't feel overmatched on the highway until you get into speeds you shouldn't really be trying to pass people at anyway. I've had it cruising at 95-100 for long stretches no issues other than watching the gas gauge decrease in real time

Sport mode is legitimately sporty.

Awesome in the snow, even with the stock all seasons. Garages in Chicago are typically detached behind the house and the entrance is off the alley. Chicago doesn't plow them so things can get dicey in the winter. Even without putting it into "Slippery" we never had an issue getting in and out and we got a lot of snow this winter (including yesterday...). We've had neighbors get stuck what feels like weekly.

Still love the looks and that it's different than all of the generic crossovers. Get a ton of compliments on it.

The 360+ features are really nice on long road trips (minus the steering wheel vibrating as a lane departure alert)

A couple of features we like from the badlands that are great for city living:

The front facing camera. We have a really tight garage and the front facing camera has let my wife basically kiss the front wall when she pulls in, ditto for parallel parking tight spots.

Love having the 17s over the 18s from the OB. My wife would have curbed the sh*t out of the 18s by now between parallel parking and pot holes and the extra sidewall is nice on shitty broken pavement and potholes. I'd be worried about cracking the 18s.

Having no interior carpet is really nice. Being able to wipe everything down is great. We've had some bottle spills that would have been nasty with carpet that are no big deal.

The Bad:

Mostly minor complaints or issues I just need to have the service department deal with, with the exception of the transmission and child seat fitment.

The trans (or the transmission tune) is not very good. It doesn't shift smoothly around town/has trouble deciding when to shift. It will either hold gears too long, or shift way too soon and you end up lugging the engine with no real logic that I can figure out tied throttle input. It often feels like someone learning to drive a stick shift when we're at lower speeds. Sport mode is great if you're driving it with a little more aggression but it holds gears too long for real city driving. It does take care of the early shifts in normal mode. Given Ford's track record with recent transmission recalls this is the one area that has me considering extending the warranty, and so far has kept me from modifying the engine. I've had some flashbacks to the transmissions in a bunch of my coworkers fiesta company cars that basically fell apart.

Child seat fitment. Putting in a rear facing child seat renders the front passenger seat basically unusable. Obviously not an issue for everyone but we're pretty disappointed in this considering they fit into the back of a Taos without a problem. It fit better in the back of my Golf as well. Would never get one behind the drivers seat in a million years. if we have a second kid before this one graduates to a front facing seat we will probably have sell the car.

Short wheel base can follow grooves on the highway and it feels less stable in high winds than I'd like.

Rear dif leaks oil.

Rear hatch keeps failing to detect the key and wont open if the car is locked (glass works fine).

Not sure if there is a software update but there are times where the screen just goes black and the only way to get it back on is to restart the car.

Sporadically it becomes impossible to fill the tank without the shutoff valve triggering multiple times.

Rear brakes squeak like a mother f*er backing up.

The big flat hood reflects sunlight if you're going the wrong way at the wrong time.

The personal annoyances:

The engine doesn't feel all that refined. Makes some weird noises when you start moving from a stop. I've got a lot of experience with turbo 4 cylinders and this one just makes some flat out strange noises when you step on the gas. Loud injectors are part of the problem but there are some others I can't quite pin down.

Not being able to adjust the angle of the seat bottoms even with the power seats sucks. The seat bottoms are too flat and on longer drives it becomes uncomfortable with the lack of thigh support. On a car with a sticker of almost 40k (now over 40k based on the latest price hike) you should be able to adjust pitch of the seat bottoms

Cheap plastics. There are some reaaaaaaally cheap interior plastics. The plastic surrounding the cluster feels like its the same material as a coke bottle

Light colored headliner. They inevitably just get dirty over time. Black is the way to go, wish it had been an option, or standard. We've got black smudges in the back from the sealant that is inside the rubber seals around the hatch.

Watching the hood flex at highway speeds can be a little unnerving.

The under-seat storage in the back is under the passenger side, which is where you have to put a child seat, making accessing it impossible without removing the seat and the base.

My Ford dealer has no Saturday hours for service and with a baby I've had no free time to get it to them m-f to have some of the above problems looked at.

The stock tires are reaaaally skinny. They look ridiculous from the front or behind.

Not an annoyance just an observation. It doesn't like it above about ~105-110 (to be expected) and its not a fun place to be at those speeds.

What's next:

Tinting the front windows either 35 or 50%
JB4 once gas prices go down or I can finally get the car into the shop to have some of the issues sorted. Then obligatory trip to the dragstrip.
Make a second baby, sell bronco sport, profit, buy rs6 avant (or a Taos) for dual baby seat space.

And since words aren't fun without pics. (We all know what a stock bronco sport looks like so I'll keep it light.)

Where's the beef? Never considered the Golf's tires particularly wide but they sure look it by comparison.
Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled

Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled2

Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled3
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Funny you mention the tires looking narrow in comparison to the Golf, I noticed the same thing with my brothers.

I also agree the light colored headliner is a bit of a weird choice and I can hear the injectors as well. I kept wondering what that sound is and it makes sense now.

And when I write my 6mo review it’ll sound a lot like yours. Anything over 75 and the mpg drops hard and while passing at slower speeds is easy, at higher speeds, you’ll really need to recalculate mentally for how much space you need on those county highways.

That said it does carry speeds around 80 like the Germans in my family so that’s nice.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It never ceases to amaze me how the "bad" sections on owner reviews almost always outstrip the "good" sections. Based on the number of words alone, you would think you HATE this car!

Regarding transmission durability, Ford did have serious issues with the transmission in some of its cars, but those were dual-clutch automatic transmissions. The transmission in your Badlands is a traditional automatic. Here's a good primer on the differences. The Bronco Sport transmission was born of a collaboration between GM and Ford. That may make you feel better or worse, depending on your past experience!

Regarding your leaking rear diff: that shouldn't be happening. Your Badlands uses a rear diff with two clutches that allow locking the rear wheels together. Running it dry would not be good, and would likely void your warranty. Find the time to take it in and have that fixed--it needs to be a priority.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It never ceases to amaze me how the "bad" sections on owner reviews almost always outstrip the "good" sections. Based on the number of words alone, you would think you HATE this car!

Regarding transmission durability, Ford did have serious issues with the transmission in some of its cars, but those were dual-clutch automatic transmissions. The transmission in your Badlands is a traditional automatic. Here's a good primer on the differences. The Bronco Sport transmission was born of a collaboration between GM and Ford. That may make you feel better or worse, depending on your past experience!

Regarding your leaking rear diff: that shouldn't be happening. Your Badlands uses a rear diff with two clutches that allow locking the rear wheels together. Running it dry would not be good, and would likely void your warranty. Find the time to take it in and have that fixed--it needs to be a priority.
Hate no, but I think it's a flawed vehicle, where a lot of the flaws are covered up by the fact that its a very unique package. I appreciate its uniqueness. My wife thinks its perfect. I think they crushed the styling of it. If it were an escape I would hate it.

That said, if I had been shopping for just myself it wouldn't have been my first choice. Happy wife happy life though so I'm making lemonade out of the situation. I'm a german car guy. This is going to sound worse than it is because I don't dislike the sport. Comparing it with my Golf R, the sport is way behind in quality, both in terms of fit and finish and the powertrain. Comparing driving dynamics wouldn't make sense so I won't other than to say transmission in the VW is worlds better and a version of it is available in their small SUV. I realize they're totally different segments but they're both awd turbocharged 4 cylinders costing ~40k based on economy vehicles.

The history of putting out transmissions with serious problems is not confidence inspiring regardless of the specific unit in this car. I came in with low expectations and they've more or less been met. I've seen the issues I've experienced called out in reviews as well. I do think they seem to be tied to poor programming more than mechanical. Seems unlikely a TCU tune will ever release for this platform though so it is what it is.

As for the diff, it's a very slow drip, not anywhere close to running dry. If it had emptied out, or come close, the tiny spot on my garage floor would be a flood, but yes it needs to go in. They're going to need to drain it, take it apart and reseal it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hate no, but I think it's a flawed vehicle, where a lot of the flaws are covered up by the fact that its a very unique package.
Meh. Some see flaws, others see character.

That said, if I had been shopping for just myself it wouldn't have been my first choice. Happy wife happy life though so I'm making lemonade out of the situation. I'm a german car guy. This is going to sound worse than it is because I don't dislike the sport. Comparing it with my Golf R, the sport is way behind in quality, both in terms of fit and finish and the powertrain. Comparing driving dynamics wouldn't make sense so I won't other than to say transmission in the VW is worlds better and a version of it is available in their small SUV. I realize they're totally different segments but they're both awd turbocharged 4 cylinders costing ~40k based on economy vehicles.
This paragraph is very telling. Yes, there are some similarities in design choices, but these two vehicles are aimed at very different market segments, and made for very different purposes. You implied the Badlands' transmission works fine in SPORT mode, which suggests to me your preferred style of driving doesn't lend itself well to the Badlands in general.

There is some truth to the old adage that when you set out to make something that's good for a wide variety of uses you often wind up with something that's bad at everything. If you prefer driving sporty cars like the Golf R then you will not be happy with the road manners and driving dynamics of a vehicle like the Bronco Sport that must sacrifice handling to achieve satisfactory off-road capability. If you look at it from the other side, however, the story is a bit different, to me at least. I think the Badlands' handling and road manners are EXEMPLARY for a vehicle that can go places that are inaccessible to 90% of other vehicles on the road.

The history of putting out transmissions with serious problems is not confidence inspiring regardless of the specific unit in this car.
I don't believe Ford has a history of putting out transmissions with serious problems. The only transmission Ford had major problems with is the DCT Getrag unit used in the Focus/Fiesta (and European equivalents). It was the subject of several recalls and much owner anger. I don't believe Ford has any more reported problems with its other transmissions (including that used in the Bronco Sport) than any other manufacturer.

I came in with low expectations and they've more or less been met. I've seen the issues I've experienced called out in reviews as well.
Another telling statement. I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would purchase a vehicle they expect not to be happy with then complain about why it makes them unhappy. Is your wife happy with it? It's her car, so THAT should be the focus of your post.

As for the diff, it's a very slow drip, not anywhere close to running dry. If it had emptied out, or come close, the tiny spot on my garage floor would be a flood, but yes it needs to go in. They're going to need to drain it, take it apart and reseal it.
As long as you're sure. I don't think warranty will cover the repair if it runs dry and Ford determines you drove it despite knowing there is a leak.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
@fastlax16 did you used to live in the Boulder, CO area?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The transmission in my Badlands I am super impressed with how it shifts. It never lugs the engine and is always eager to kick down a gear with a small push on gas pedal. Shifts seem super precise it always seems to be in the right gear all the time.

As for engine noise you may have a noisy Park Release Cable issue. Also saw some one had a shift cable moved adjusted to get rid of noise.

Leaky diff not the first time I read someone with that issue. If it runs out of oil that be major problem parts back ordered vehicle could sit at dealer and common dealers wont give loaner car.

Good thing about sports is trade in value crazy high if you get lemon trade it get something else.

BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
We hit the one year mark with the car today so thought I'd get some thoughts out after 12 months of ownership. We picked up a Cactus Gray Badlands last April and were torn between grabbing this car (250 miles away) a few months earlier than necessary or placing an order that our local dealer assured us would be in by June. So glad we went with this one given everything I read about delays as the year went on. Using x-plan pricing we actually got it for under msrp. Purchase price was 36.5 and sticker was 38.3.

We originally purchased it to replace my wife's 2001 Ford Escape in advance of our first child (born last september) but ultimately it became our only vehicle as the used car market "forced" me into selling my car in November when carmax offered me over msrp for my VW and I couldn't justify keeping it given how little we drive.

We live in downtown Chicago, so mostly city driving mixed with 3 longer road trips (Chicago to Delaware 1x (1700 Miles) and Chicago to Kansas City 2x (1100 miles)). So of the 7300 miles we've put on it, 4150 are from 4 road trips including the trip driving it home. We got the badlands solely for the 2.0 and it will never be taken offroad. I didn't enjoy the NVH from the 3 cylinder on test drives and in my opinion it doesn't have enough power.

The only "mods" are the factory thule roof rack and a thule box. Was planning on a JB4 but with gas prices where they are, the requirement for premium once installed, and some concerns with the tranny I've held off.

The good:

The 2.0 is plenty powerful around town and doesn't feel overmatched on the highway until you get into speeds you shouldn't really be trying to pass people at anyway. I've had it cruising at 95-100 for long stretches no issues other than watching the gas gauge decrease in real time

Sport mode is legitimately sporty.

Awesome in the snow, even with the stock all seasons. Garages in Chicago are typically detached behind the house and the entrance is off the alley. Chicago doesn't plow them so things can get dicey in the winter. Even without putting it into "Slippery" we never had an issue getting in and out and we got a lot of snow this winter (including yesterday...). We've had neighbors get stuck what feels like weekly.

Still love the looks and that it's different than all of the generic crossovers. Get a ton of compliments on it.

The 360+ features are really nice on long road trips (minus the steering wheel vibrating as a lane departure alert)

A couple of features we like from the badlands that are great for city living:

The front facing camera. We have a really tight garage and the front facing camera has let my wife basically kiss the front wall when she pulls in, ditto for parallel parking tight spots.

Love having the 17s over the 18s from the OB. My wife would have curbed the sh*t out of the 18s by now between parallel parking and pot holes and the extra sidewall is nice on shitty broken pavement and potholes. I'd be worried about cracking the 18s.

Having no interior carpet is really nice. Being able to wipe everything down is great. We've had some bottle spills that would have been nasty with carpet that are no big deal.

The Bad:

Mostly minor complaints or issues I just need to have the service department deal with, with the exception of the transmission and child seat fitment.

The trans (or the transmission tune) is not very good. It doesn't shift smoothly around town/has trouble deciding when to shift. It will either hold gears too long, or shift way too soon and you end up lugging the engine with no real logic that I can figure out tied throttle input. It often feels like someone learning to drive a stick shift when we're at lower speeds. Sport mode is great if you're driving it with a little more aggression but it holds gears too long for real city driving. It does take care of the early shifts in normal mode. Given Ford's track record with recent transmission recalls this is the one area that has me considering extending the warranty, and so far has kept me from modifying the engine. I've had some flashbacks to the transmissions in a bunch of my coworkers fiesta company cars that basically fell apart.

Child seat fitment. Putting in a rear facing child seat renders the front passenger seat basically unusable. Obviously not an issue for everyone but we're pretty disappointed in this considering they fit into the back of a Taos without a problem. It fit better in the back of my Golf as well. Would never get one behind the drivers seat in a million years. if we have a second kid before this one graduates to a front facing seat we will probably have sell the car.

Short wheel base can follow grooves on the highway and it feels less stable in high winds than I'd like.

Rear dif leaks oil.

Rear hatch keeps failing to detect the key and wont open if the car is locked (glass works fine).

Not sure if there is a software update but there are times where the screen just goes black and the only way to get it back on is to restart the car.

Sporadically it becomes impossible to fill the tank without the shutoff valve triggering multiple times.

Rear brakes squeak like a mother f*er backing up.

The big flat hood reflects sunlight if you're going the wrong way at the wrong time.

The personal annoyances:

The engine doesn't feel all that refined. Makes some weird noises when you start moving from a stop. I've got a lot of experience with turbo 4 cylinders and this one just makes some flat out strange noises when you step on the gas. Loud injectors are part of the problem but there are some others I can't quite pin down.

Not being able to adjust the angle of the seat bottoms even with the power seats sucks. The seat bottoms are too flat and on longer drives it becomes uncomfortable with the lack of thigh support. On a car with a sticker of almost 40k (now over 40k based on the latest price hike) you should be able to adjust pitch of the seat bottoms

Cheap plastics. There are some reaaaaaaally cheap interior plastics. The plastic surrounding the cluster feels like its the same material as a coke bottle

Light colored headliner. They inevitably just get dirty over time. Black is the way to go, wish it had been an option, or standard. We've got black smudges in the back from the sealant that is inside the rubber seals around the hatch.

Watching the hood flex at highway speeds can be a little unnerving.

The under-seat storage in the back is under the passenger side, which is where you have to put a child seat, making accessing it impossible without removing the seat and the base.

My Ford dealer has no Saturday hours for service and with a baby I've had no free time to get it to them m-f to have some of the above problems looked at.

The stock tires are reaaaally skinny. They look ridiculous from the front or behind.

Not an annoyance just an observation. It doesn't like it above about ~105-110 (to be expected) and its not a fun place to be at those speeds.

What's next:

Tinting the front windows either 35 or 50%
JB4 once gas prices go down or I can finally get the car into the shop to have some of the issues sorted. Then obligatory trip to the dragstrip.
Make a second baby, sell bronco sport, profit, buy rs6 avant (or a Taos) for dual baby seat space.

And since words aren't fun without pics. (We all know what a stock bronco sport looks like so I'll keep it light.)

Where's the beef? Never considered the Golf's tires particularly wide but they sure look it by comparison.
Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled

Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled2

Ford Bronco Sport 12 Month 7300 Mile Review of Bronco Sport Badlands Untitled3
The car seat thing is really concerning as we’re looking to have a kid hopefully this year, early next. How tall are y’all? I’m only 5’ 8” so I’m hoping we can still fit a car seat behind me driving…

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Try eco mode

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh. Some see flaws, others see character.

This paragraph is very telling. Yes, there are some similarities in design choices, but these two vehicles are aimed at very different market segments, and made for very different purposes. You implied the Badlands' transmission works fine in SPORT mode, which suggests to me your preferred style of driving doesn't lend itself well to the Badlands in general.

There is some truth to the old adage that when you set out to make something that's good for a wide variety of uses you often wind up with something that's bad at everything. If you prefer driving sporty cars like the Golf R then you will not be happy with the road manners and driving dynamics of a vehicle like the Bronco Sport that must sacrifice handling to achieve satisfactory off-road capability. If you look at it from the other side, however, the story is a bit different, to me at least. I think the Badlands' handling and road manners are EXEMPLARY for a vehicle that can go places that are inaccessible to 90% of other vehicles on the road.

I don't believe Ford has a history of putting out transmissions with serious problems. The only transmission Ford had major problems with is the DCT Getrag unit used in the Focus/Fiesta (and European equivalents). It was the subject of several recalls and much owner anger. I don't believe Ford has any more reported problems with its other transmissions (including that used in the Bronco Sport) than any other manufacturer.

Another telling statement. I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would purchase a vehicle they expect not to be happy with then complain about why it makes them unhappy. Is your wife happy with it? It's her car, so THAT should be the focus of your post.

As long as you're sure. I don't think warranty will cover the repair if it runs dry and Ford determines you drove it despite knowing there is a leak.

You seem to be taking my fairly mild critiques personally.

The rear hatch not unlocking with the keyfob isn't character.
Not being able to fill it with gas without manually hold the pump isn't.
The marks on the headliner are?
I guess the flat seat bottom is?

I said I wasn't going to compare the driving dynamics between the cars because it was irrelevant given their purpose and I didn't. I also didn't critique any of the sports driving dynamics elsewhere outside of the clunky trans ,that other reviews have called out as well, and the tendency to follow highway grooves. I said I like the power delivery and it cruises well as long as you arent in triple digit speeds.I think its fine around town, strange shifts aside. Handles broken pavement that's prevalent near me well. My two big criticisms are that the transmission shifts poorly (it does, other reviewers have agreed) and that the interior materials are subpar (they're definitely worse than my comparably priced R). F me I guess.

So all that said comparing fit and finish between two 40k vehicles is fair game and the sport is lacking in my opinion. Cheap flimsy plastic isn't "character" in a 40k vehicle. Sticker on my build would be almost 44k with the new pricing they've rolled out. A pillar plastics that pop in and out and loose panels aren't acceptable in a vehicle pushing 50 grand after taxes and fees.

My wife loves it but is happy to overlook its flaws. She loves the styling which is why we have it. She's asked me if I can "fix" the jerky (her words) shifting and she's annoyed the hatch keeps failing to recognize the key fob. She also drove her first car (01 escape she had since new) for 20 years and, bless her heart, truly thinks its the single greatest vehicle ever built. that's why she's in love with the sport. she sees is as the modern equivalent of the original escape. I drive it significantly more than she does (about 90% of the miles on it are from me, including 100% of the road trip mileage) so I'm allowed to opine. I also kept her escape on the road the last 2 years cobbling the shift linkage back together myself after all the plastic components in the steering column literally disintegrated along with installing a new fuel pump despite the car only having 50,000 miles, which is why she thinks I can just "fix" any issues that pop up with this one.

The spot from the drip is about 5 inches wide. That amount of fluid lost is negligible considering how much it holds. If it had emptied out enough to be a problem it would be a biiiiig spot. Pour half a pint of oil on your floor and let me know how wide the puddle is.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car seat thing is really concerning as we’re looking to have a kid hopefully this year, early next. How tall are y’all? I’m only 5’ 8” so I’m hoping we can still fit a car seat behind me driving…
https://www.cars.com/articles/how-do-car-seats-fit-in-a-2021-ford-bronco-sport-434653/

I'm 6'1. My wife is 5'4. Her knees touch the dash with the infant seat behind the passenger (would vary depending what car seat you go with). She wouldnt fit behind the wheel if we tried to put it behind the driver. If I'm the passenger I'm basically spread eagle (#character), if the car seat is installed.

We'll 100% have to sell the car (or buy a second, maybe another golf because somehow two will fit in a golf but not a bronco sport) if we have a second kid in the next year and a half because two rear facing seats won't fit. #character

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Try eco mode
I was going to say that too. Eco really smooths out the throttle and by doing so it smooths out the drive line.
If I get stuck in stop and go traffic, I roll the Goat mode dial over to eco so that it doesn't feel so jumpy.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Nope been in chicago for the last 7 years. Austin before that. NYC before that.
There was a Mk6 GolfR guy from Penn State a couple years ago on VWVortex. There is a lot in your life/garage that seemed to align.
Sponsored