HELP decide! Ford has had my car for 2 weeks, says it could be months for leaky fuel injector on backstock.

Chandler D

Big Bend
First Name
chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco sport
Hey guys, Im really fighting the urge to apply for a Lemon after ford has had my brand new BS for 2 weeks and absolutely no ETA for the Fuel injector that is on back stock or back order. Are any of you dealing with the same thing? have you also had this urge or are you patiently waiting? (Lemon process takes months also so I don't think we have much an option) Im in LA's SFV specifically sunrise ford in NOHO. Not to dox them but they said my vehicle was fine when I bought it and my vin didn't come back for the recall on the fuel injector. Part of my frustration is because either they lied or didn't do their job right and still sold me it knowingly..
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Part of my frustration is because either they lied or didn't do their job right and still sold me it knowingly..
This is a big deal. Selling a car subject to recall is illegal according to Federal law, not to mention immoral. If that's the case the dealership is subject to fines and civil claims. At the VERY LEAST, they should provide you with a car to drive while yours is unusable. If they haven't provided you a loaner I would give them a subtle hint you are considering seeking legal advice; that might prompt them to.

If you're not interested in driving a loaner car while you wait then you will have to wait until all the requirements of a Lemon Law claim are met. In most jurisdictions that means a minimum of 30 days in the shop for the same issue. Once you meet that milestone you will have a very good case.

If you can afford it I would highly recommend you seek legal advice if you decide to go the Lemon Law route. One might have the knowledge (or leverage given you were apparently sold a vehicle subject to recall) to expedite the process.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
In my experience, the dealership sales team operates in willful ignorance regarding recalls. They like to not know anything about that, and claim that's a service topic, not a sales topic. I agree with what Mark S. said above...but I've never seen a sales person step up regarding recalls when a sale is on the line.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Dealer sold vehicle with safety recall? Thats a lawyers dream. Start calling some law offices they will love to take that one on.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Hey guys, Im really fighting the urge to apply for a Lemon after ford has had my brand new BS for 2 weeks and absolutely no ETA for the Fuel injector that is on back stock or back order. Are any of you dealing with the same thing? have you also had this urge or are you patiently waiting? (Lemon process takes months also so I don't think we have much an option) Im in LA's SFV specifically sunrise ford in NOHO. Not to dox them but they said my vehicle was fine when I bought it and my vin didn't come back for the recall on the fuel injector. Part of my frustration is because either they lied or didn't do their job right and still sold me it knowingly..
Just to be clear, are you actually in the shop for a defective injector or simply waiting for the recall replacement?
My recall notice on my 21 basically says wait til you hear further about parts being available. I read that there have been about 20 fires. Suggest you sniff your hood for gas fumes reguarly and go about your business for now.

ZQ8

Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
My recall was done over a month ago. You have a sorry dealer. They are doing you wrong.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
So are you waiting on an actual fuel injector? Or the recall parts?

The recall part is only a drain tube and a ecu update.

Run the vin yourself to see if it's listed for the recall or not.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Go to the Dealer and take back your BS. and Drive it till the parts come in. No harm no foul

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Go to the Dealer and take back your BS. and Drive it till the parts come in. No harm no foul
Get your bronco back if they refuse make them give your money back or give you a free renta as stated in the Ford warranty or a rental of some kind .. go tell your sales rep to fix it or you want to talk to the owners.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your post is not very clear.

I don't understand why your new BS has been sitting for 2 weeks at the dealer.

1. Did you receive a notice or other communication from Ford for the injector recall?
2. Are you concerned about driving the BS unless the recall is performed?
3. Were you notified by Ford to bring your BS to the dealer to get the recall performed?
4. Did the dealer service writer or manager tell you the status of the recall repair parts?
5. Did the dealer service writer or service manager tell you to not to drive the BS and leave it at the dealer until the recall fix is performed?

Did you see this:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/bronco-sport-escape-fuel-injector/

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Dealer sold vehicle with safety recall? Thats a lawyers dream. Start calling some law offices they will love to take that one on.
hmmmm. I don’t know. Yes - for sure - if the car had caught on fire and somebody was hurt. But if that hasn’t happened, there is no “tort” worth pursuing for a lawyer.

Ohwell

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As Mark S said it would appear they illegally sold you the vehicle, as far as I know, all 2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports with the 1.5L engine are subject to the recall. They are most likely keeping it now to cover their behinds.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
... as far as I know, all 2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports with the 1.5L engine are subject to the recall.
Not sure about that as my 22 BB has not been recalled for this issue (yet). Built 10/22. I keep checking anyway. Cheers!
Sponsored