kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Nissan Armada
My first post listed an issue with not being able to disable the autolock feature. Ford responded with a case# and never did anything so I contacted a company here in the Phoenix area that has Forscan and comes out to your location and makes the change...amen! Consider this: It cost me over 2K to bring this vehicle up to par with a great deal left out by Ford and this includes an autostop eliminator, engine cover, hood lifts, wireless android dongle, side molding, hood deflector, chrome exhaust tips, rear step, and offroad kit selfmade (tow rope, tire pump and deflator, first aid kit, Zoleo satellite unit,etc). I also have the name of a great wheel damage repair guy when the wheels get damaged (scrapped or dinged) when off road. Added a list of offroad recovery services that take text from the satellite communications (Zoleo). Ford should get onboard with offering a lot of these in a package and call it the "Premium Offroad Package" I am sure many of you could contribute ideas to this as well. Pictures of some of the mods are attached. PM me if you want some contact info.
Ford Bronco Sport 2 Months after Purchase of 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands BRONCO ENGINE COVER
Ford Bronco Sport 2 Months after Purchase of 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands BRONCO REAR ACCESSORIES
Sponsored

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PM me for the info.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
For those not familiar with Zoleo and the Iridium Satellite Service:

The ZOLEO Satellite Communicator Device and App provides Two-Way Global SMS Text Messenger & Email, Emergency SOS Alerting, Check-in & GPS Location, Apps are available for Android and iPhone iOS Smartphones.

Iridium is a Satellite based communications systems providing (near) worldwide coverage including where Cellular Systems do not operate.

“Iridium is the world's largest and most advanced commercial satellite constellation” (see Note). “Only Iridium offers coverage (nearly) everywhere on the planet, including Earth's landmasses, oceans, skies and Polar Regions.”

Note: other satellite systems exist notably StarLink and others. So the above might be a stretch now and in the near future.

I worked on the development of the Iridium satellites - the most fun 5 years of my career.

Here is an Amazon link for the Zoleo device:
https://a.co/d/4rVbl2D

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
If you felt these features were essential then why not purchase a vehicle that has them?
If I had to guess, a different vehicle that has these things included would probably cost way over 2k.

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you felt these features were essential then why not purchase a vehicle that has them?
Most don't and I could get into a major marketing discussion, but as an example take a look at why GM is killing IPhone and Android Auto support to start their own service...its all about cost savings or profit motivation.

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had to guess, a different vehicle that has these things included would probably cost way over 2k.
Precisely...to me the Bronco Sport filled a niche left vacant when Nissan stopped making the Xterra.

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those not familiar with Zoleo and the Iridium Satellite Service:

The ZOLEO Satellite Communicator Device and App provides Two-Way Global SMS Text Messenger & Email, Emergency SOS Alerting, Check-in & GPS Location, Apps are available for Android and iPhone iOS Smartphones.

Iridium is a Satellite based communications systems providing (near) worldwide coverage including where Cellular Systems do not operate.

“Iridium is the world's largest and most advanced commercial satellite constellation” (see Note). “Only Iridium offers coverage (nearly) everywhere on the planet, including Earth's landmasses, oceans, skies and Polar Regions.”

Note: other satellite systems exist notably StarLink and others. So the above might be a stretch now and in the near future.

I worked on the development of the Iridium satellites - the most fun 5 years of my career.

Here is an Amazon link for the Zoleo device:
https://a.co/d/4rVbl2D
I sent you the info you requested....great comment about Zoleo. I used to operate a commercial fishing operation as a second business out of Key West as a licensed captain, so my Bronco setup reflects that type of thinking....back in the day I also off roaded with the vehicle that pulled my boat and trailer. I had SUV's before they were popular and the workhorse back then was an '83 Chevy Blazer 4wd with a 6.2 Detroit diesel which I added a turbo to and got rid of the 700 tranny and put in a 400...had the vehicle for 18 years. I have owned 4 Nissan Armadas, 1 GMC Yukon Denali, 1 Nissan Xterra, and 2 Toyota 4Runners.

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I measured them for installation and they have caused no problems on the trails. I have used them as shown on trails which include Bulldog Canyon, the Superstitions, and around Lake Pleasant in AZ. I do recommend that a Bronco Sport even with a lift kit and other modifications stick to easy and moderate trails as rated by most of the offroad apps that are available unless you want to turn into a mini-bigfoot and tow it to a trail. Of course you could buy a full size Bronco!

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Precisely...to me the Bronco Sport filled a niche left vacant when Nissan stopped making the Xterra.
I still have my 20 year old Exterra with 233,000 miles on it. I bought the Bronco Sport to replace it. There is no way this little Bronco can even compare to the X. That's an amazing off road vehicle. I'm not selling it. In fact I drove it again for 3 weeks while my 2 1/2 year old Bronco got a new rear differential to the tune of $3,000. It pains me to say this but the little Bronco will never last and I'm very sorry I bought it. With everything I put into it to make it work off road ie lift, tires, skid plates etc and now the differential, I could have bought the 4Runner that I really wanted.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I still have my 20 year old Exterra with 233,000 miles on it. I bought the Bronco Sport to replace it. There is no way this little Bronco can even compare to the X. That's an amazing off road vehicle. I'm not selling it. In fact I drove it again for 3 weeks while my 2 1/2 year old Bronco got a new rear differential to the tune of $3,000. It pains me to say this but the little Bronco will never last and I'm very sorry I bought it. With everything I put into it to make it work off road ie lift, tires, skid plates etc and now the differential, I could have bought the 4Runner that I really wanted.
I don't go off road but sometimes I feel I should have bought a new Passport over the BS.

OP
OP
kappy44

kappy44

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't go off road but sometimes I feel I should have bought a new Passport over the BS.
Great post! The difference between the Badlands version and the other Bronco Sport versions is night and day as was the difference between the Xterra lower versions and the 4wd version with the V6. This is my first Ford and I have to date owned 60+ vehicles in my lifetime. When looking at a small 4wd SUV I was torn between the Pathfinder Rock Creek (too big as I already have an Armada), the Honda Passport Trailsport and this vehicle. Living in Phoenix I needed in town speed and maneuverability and some offroad prowess. My biggest issue was this was my first crossover SUV. The Nissan and Honda were too big for me and they are less adept offroad. The 2025 Passport Trailsport should be beefier. Just for grins I traded in a 2017 Armada for an Infiniti Q60 which I then traded for this Bronco Sport. The Q60 was for my wife, but got the S**t kicked out of it driving in Phoenix and my 2020 Armada is great for hauling and traveling as well offroad. The everyday hauler is the Badlands and it hauls butt like the Q60...had some fun surprising some BMW and Lexus pups off the line in traffic here...LOL.
As for durability I always purchase a top of the line long extended warranty from the car manufacturer...not after market. When I traded the Q60 I got over $2000 back on its extended warranty as it had low mileage. I hated the two 4Runners I had and firmly believe Nissan is the best bang for the buck in Japanese products.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Great post! The difference between the Badlands version and the other Bronco Sport versions is night and day as was the difference between the Xterra lower versions and the 4wd version with the V6. This is my first Ford and I have to date owned 60+ vehicles in my lifetime. When looking at a small 4wd SUV I was torn between the Pathfinder Rock Creek (too big as I already have an Armada), the Honda Passport Trailsport and this vehicle. Living in Phoenix I needed in town speed and maneuverability and some offroad prowess. My biggest issue was this was my first crossover SUV. The Nissan and Honda were too big for me and they are less adept offroad. The 2025 Passport Trailsport should be beefier. Just for grins I traded in a 2017 Armada for an Infiniti Q60 which I then traded for this Bronco Sport. The Q60 was for my wife, but got the S**t kicked out of it driving in Phoenix and my 2020 Armada is great for hauling and traveling as well offroad. The everyday hauler is the Badlands and it hauls butt like the Q60...had some fun surprising some BMW and Lexus pups off the line in traffic here...LOL.
As for durability I always purchase a top of the line long extended warranty from the car manufacturer...not after market. When I traded the Q60 I got over $2000 back on its extended warranty as it had low mileage. I hated the two 4Runners I had and firmly believe Nissan is the best bang for the buck in Japanese products.
The 4Runner is a tired design and needs a new generation. badly, IMO.