First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
So here is my experience. I had ordered the Rough Country lift kit when they releaed it and after seeing multiple people complain about them and how cheap it was i returned it. The kit was not as nice as this kit I got from HRG Engineering in my eyes. HRG's kit is made in the USA and works amazing. It only took me about 2 hours to get it installed. So if anyone is looking for a good kit I would recommend HRG Engineering. We also made a video as we are building this Bronco to wheel and take places our other vehicles wont.

Be sure to visit HRG Engineering here... https://www.hrgengineering.com/product-page/1-5-inch-38mm-lift-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-sport

Ford Bronco Sport HRG Engineering 1.5" LIft Kit IMG_1477.JPEG
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
So here is my experience. I had ordered the Rough Country lift kit when they releaed it and after seeing multiple people complain about them and how cheap it was i returned it. The kit was not as nice as this kit I got from HRG Engineering in my eyes. HRG's kit is made in the USA and works amazing. It only took me about 2 hours to get it installed. So if anyone is looking for a good kit I would recommend HRG Engineering. We also made a video as we are building this Bronco to wheel and take places our other vehicles wont.

Be sure to visit HRG Engineering here... https://www.hrgengineering.com/product-page/1-5-inch-38mm-lift-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-sport

Where are you located at in Illinois? Would you be interested in installing one of these on mine?

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Where are you located at in Illinois? Would you be interested in installing one of these on mine?
We live in Pontiac Illinois. We can do the install but you will still need to do the wheel alignment. We have ours in the shop as i am typing this and plus the tires come in today so we are getting the new tires installed as well. So whole new change to this beast.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
We live in Pontiac Illinois. We can do the install but you will still need to do the wheel alignment. We have ours in the shop as i am typing this and plus the tires come in today so we are getting the new tires installed as well. So whole new change to this beast.
I'm just outside Chicago. Just order some Toyo Open County AT3 235/65/18. I will PM you. Thanks!

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It only took me about 2 hours to get it installed.
Two hours is quick! Most of these lift kits are estimating 4-4.5 hours. Did you grind down the bottom edges of the struts? I didn't see that step in your video, but I saw it in HRG's installation video. That is something I really wouldn't want to do if I ended up getting this kit.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT

I have done some research on lifts for some time since I bought my BB in February of 2021. Most have been, meh. I like the idea of the HRG sway bar end links versus some spacers. Ordered it today and looking forward to getting it on my lift. Will keep stock 225's for the time being but they are Wildpeak AT3W's and have surpassed the stock Continentals here in Northern Minnesota.

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Did you have to grind down any of the struts for this HRG kit? I bought the RC lift as well and was nieve to think maybe they had fixed it by now. Nope. 24 hrs out of the shop severe clunking and has me wondering if I can even continue to Drive it. I don’t want to void a warranty or grind down struts if the HRG engineering lift fails too. I’ve heard nothing but good things, but if it comes down to it I’ll go back to stock on this thing. Extremely disappointing as I love my Bronco but I do think it needs alittle more beef to it. I’m not willing to damage the integrity of my car or safety over looks though. I hope you see this. Thanks!

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Did you have to grind down any of the struts for this HRG kit? I bought the RC lift as well and was nieve to think maybe they had fixed it by now. Nope. 24 hrs out of the shop severe clunking and has me wondering if I can even continue to Drive it. I don’t want to void a warranty or grind down struts if the HRG engineering lift fails too. I’ve heard nothing but good things, but if it comes down to it I’ll go back to stock on this thing. Extremely disappointing as I love my Bronco but I do think it needs alittle more beef to it. I’m not willing to damage the integrity of my car or safety over looks though. I hope you see this. Thanks!
No modification needed at all. This was a direct bolt on and no noises. We just took StarGazer to TX for a E3 Overlanding event and the really out it the test. The only issue was my sway bar links bolts came loose. I put lock tight on them and they have been tight since. HRG really made a good kit and continuities to listen to customers on issues like the sway bar link bolts. Nylon nuts will fix this from backing out and/or lock tight.

I am not very impressed with the Rough County line up of products for the Sport. My nudge bar is a poor design and we will be modifying it. I have not heard anything good with the Rough Country lift and am glad I went to HRG. They make all the parts in house and test there products on there own vehicles.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
You do not have to grind the edge on the struts for the kit to work. If you do it does not appear (over 1000 miles on my HRG kit) to cause any structural or integrity issues.
Note: My dealer has seen the kit and has still performed service as well as warranty work on my BS

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You do not have to grind the edge on the struts for the kit to work. If you do it does not appear (over 1000 miles on my HRG kit) to cause any structural or integrity issues.
Thanks so much! The Bronco is my first vehicle I’ve ever bought brand new and the first vehicle I’ve ever tried to modify and add too. I love it. The RC lift kit is a huge NO GO and honestly it’s shameful they continue to sell it a year later. I learned my lesson though and will be ordering the HRG one. I’m going to call my shop and go through the rather embarrassing conversation of asking to have them put a whole new lift kit on because the one I have is absolutely garbage.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Thanks so much! The Bronco is my first vehicle I’ve ever bought brand new and the first vehicle I’ve ever tried to modify and add too. I love it. The RC lift kit is a huge NO GO and honestly it’s shameful they continue to sell it a year later. I learned my lesson though and will be ordering the HRG one. I’m going to call my shop and go through the rather embarrassing conversation of asking to have them put a whole new lift kit on because the one I have is absolutely garbage.
Good luck, see if you can't sell the RC to recoup some of your money if you can't get a full refund from shop

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
Use the code JKBRONCO20 and get free shipping. Anything to help save a few bucks. We don't work for HRG we just try and help others with a good lift kit.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Good luck, see if you can't sell the RC to recoup some of your money if you can't get a full refund from shop
I will probably have the shop throw it away completely as I don’t want to scam or put anyone else in this situation. ? the hardest part is this is a daily driver so I’m stuck in the position of trying to limit my driving while I wait for the HRG one to come in and able to schedule an appointment. Lesson learned. To ENJOY QUALITY you have to BUY QUALITY.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.