Not open for further replies.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Off topic: I had an RC 2" front and rear lift on my Tacoma for about a week before removing it, as it was complete trash - Luckily my shop gave me credit for it towards my new lift
Sponsored

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Off topic: I had an RC 2" front and rear lift on my Tacoma for about a week before removing it, as it was complete trash - Luckily my shop gave me credit for it towards my new lift
Maybe I will try something like that, the only issue I have is I purchased the lift separate from my shop and brought it to them. Is that kind of the same situation you had? Or did you have the shop purchase the lift and put it on? It’s scary that dealerships are putting the RC lift on Broncos and selling them. Do they not test drive them or have an issue? I feel like there are probably thousands of Bronco owners who may or may not have sold or missed out on a cool little rig due to this lift kit. And that’s sad to say

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Maybe I will try something like that, the only issue I have is I purchased the lift separate from my shop and brought it to them. Is that kind of the same situation you had? Or did you have the shop purchase the lift and put it on? It’s scary that dealerships are putting the RC lift on Broncos and selling them. Do they not test drive them or have an issue? I feel like there are probably thousands of Bronco owners who may or may not have sold or missed out on a cool little rig due to this lift kit. And that’s sad to say
I was new to lifting vehicles and the shop chose RC as an "affordable" option for me (they were an authorized reseller.) Luckily they understood my complaints and worked with me

OP
OP
jkbronco

jkbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jkbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco Sport
After my wretched experience with their bull bar, I'll never consider another Rough Country product. I'd considered buying their lift kit with the bull bar, but threads like this one kept me away.
I agree, the instructions sucked to understand. the bull bar is solid but a crappy design. Does yours move back and fourth even with the bolts tight?

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
After my wretched experience with their bull bar, I'll never consider another Rough Country product. I'd considered buying their lift kit with the bull bar, but threads like this one kept me away.
Same here. Rough Country is exactly what their name says. Rough. I had a lift and suspension system on my 2009 Chevy Silverado and never noticed anything in the 4 years I had it. After doing more research and digging into them it looks like they are a notoriously bad company. Makes me wonder if my shop knew I’d be coming in shortly? ? I can’t blame them. I’ll pay to have it done right. HRG lift is on the way. Just purchased it.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I agree, the instructions sucked to understand. the bull bar is solid but a crappy design. Does yours move back and fourth even with the bolts tight?
Not that I've found. I haven't pulled hard on it, but I did try to rock it to make sure that it was mounted solidly.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Not that I've found. I haven't pulled hard on it, but I did try to rock it to make sure that it was mounted solidly.
It looks good, but it’s for looks only and for a spot to mount lights. It would not farewell if you hit the proverbial bull.

HRG lift seems to me to be the best “engineered” so far.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It looks good, but it’s for looks only and for a spot to mount lights. It would not farewell if you hit the proverbial bull.

HRG lift seems to me to be the best “engineered” so far.
I'd definitely go another route knowing what I know now. It would be more accurate to call it a "brush bar".
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.