Colibri

Big Bend
First Name
Edna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone recently received any formal correspondence from Ford that looks like the following? Some of my mail went missing last week and now I am left wondering what it was in regards to?

I called Ford Friday before the holiday and they could not tell me what it was. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Many thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport Missing/stolen Ford correspondence? IMG_0419
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Presorted 3rd class mail. I wouldn't worry about it.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your warranty is about to expire.

JWT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Corsair
I got one a few weeks ago its was a reminder it get to take my BS in to have the recall work done on it, only problem is dealer says it won't have parts to do it till sometime next year.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got one that looks just like that in the O.P.

It was a notice to me that I still hadn't gotten my injector recall taken care of and that I should get it done.

What they didn't know was that I had been calling my local Ford Dealer once a month for 5 months trying to get it done.

So, I decided to call again and threaten to take it to Ford Corporate but I didn't have to. The minute they got on, they asked if I wanted to bring it in or have a mechanic go to my house and do it.

I elected to have him come to my house and do it in my driveway and he's due at 9AM today.

Sport Fan

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport HLE
I got one a few weeks ago its was a reminder it get to take my BS in to have the recall work done on it, only problem is dealer says it won't have parts to do it till sometime next year.
Hello - You may want to call your local Lincoln dealer and ask if they have the recall parts and can do the recall work - that's what I did to get it done on my previous 2021 OB. Good luck!

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A little update on my recall that was going to be done at 9AM today.

Got a phone call at 8:10 saying that the Ford Computers were down so they couldn't do the firmware upload, therefore I had to reschedule to 8AM Monday.

The incompetency problem is getting worse every day.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Got one that looks just like that in the O.P.

It was a notice to me that I still hadn't gotten my injector recall taken care of and that I should get it done.

What they didn't know was that I had been calling my local Ford Dealer once a month for 5 months trying to get it done.

So, I decided to call again and threaten to take it to Ford Corporate but I didn't have to. The minute they got on, they asked if I wanted to bring it in or have a mechanic go to my house and do it.

I elected to have him come to my house and do it in my driveway and he's due at 9AM today.
My dealership offers pickup and delivery. Great service and really nice folks to deal with.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Last update. The Ford mechanic showed up at my house at 8:20AM. He went to work and 32 minutes later range my bell, gave me my fob and told me it was done. I asked about the software warning update and he said I'd never see it come up on the screen. He was absolutely positive I wouldn't have a leaking injector problem for some reason I didn't ask about.

OP
OP

Colibri

Big Bend
First Name
Edna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you everyone! A quick update.

Back in June I made an appointment for the recall work and my first oil change to be done. When I left the dealership I didn't see any paper work documenting the recall work as being completed, but the service advisor said it had been done, so to my surprise to find out the missing Ford correspondence was a notification telling me the opposite. I called the dealership to ask for clarification and what they did was a recall inspection of the fuel injectors/cylinder heads inspection but no drainage tubes or PCM update had been done because the parts were not available. I was so upset that I was lead to believe all these months it had been done. I told the service advisor my dissatisfaction with the whole process. Parts are now available and I made an appointment in 2 weeks to get the work done. How hard could it have been for the service advisor to put me on a courtesy list of people to have followed up with and let me know the parts were available?!

Previously, I was a Hyundai Santa Fe owner for 17 years and I had the same service advisor for all 17 years and there wasn't anything that got by him, I realize now how fortunate I was.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl