SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this??

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
So disappointing….. Brand new vehicle with less than 900 miles and the check engine like comes on.

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? 516319C0-1352-4E95-AD32-B9870DFA1054

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? BD034FBF-90CB-46B3-BCB8-B2FC4741EB10

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? ABFEE1E0-F910-4F49-B047-17F3398447E2

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? F3A1C2BC-59E1-4A9D-9861-78B0FC71F3DE
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Sigh... is it drivable or does it have to towed?

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sigh... is it drivable or does it have to towed?
Drivable. She is at the dealership now.

Definitely starting to feel discouraged about getting the full size in a few years.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a bad sensor , it happens & can happen to any new Car/Truck .
Dealership told her the “first available appointment is September 21st” and they cannot even look at it now. They said, if the light starts to flash, to pull over and shut it off immediately, then have it towed to them.

I have never had a sensor go out on any new car I have had. This is very surprising and now I am concerned we will have more issues. Maybe we should not have purchased a first year vehicle after all.

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Dealership told her the “first available appointment is September 21st” and they cannot even look at it now. They said, if the light starts to flash, to pull over and shut it off immediately, then have it towed to them.

I have never had a sensor go out on any new car I have had. This is very surprising and now I am concerned we will have more issues. Maybe we should not have purchased a first year vehicle after all.
This is why I love Fords, but hate so many of their dealerships. Way to ruin what could have been a great customer service experience. How long would it take them to pull this into a bay and hook up a diagnostic scanner. At least they would show they cared and would likely be able to provide some additional information and options.

I would call Ford at 800-392-3673 and escalate this.

Last edited:

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Always interested to see if you get anywhere with customer service. My bet is bad PCM connection. That's just my experience though.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I love Fords, but hate so many of their dealerships. Way to ruin what could have been a great customer service experience. How long would it take them to pull this into a bay and hook up a diagnostic scanner. At least they would show they cared and would likely be able to provide some additional information and options.

I would call Ford at 800-392-3673 and escalate this.
So, I called another local dealership and they said the same thing. They have their parking lots full of cars waiting to be serviced and cannot get it in until the 20th.

But wait,,, it gets even better. They don’t have any loaner or rental cars to provide, And, it is likely that we won’t be able to find a rental from any of the other rental places (hertz, etc) in the event if it going into limp mode.

*** on a side note, the misses just told me that she had been hearing a weird noise coming from the vehicle for the last week. She described it as sounding like a printer getting ready to print a document. She said she even heard it when the vehicle was turned off. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the new turn knob shifter for the transmission that automatically puts the transmission into park when shutting it off.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Doesn’t help your situation but we had a brand new factory ordered Grand Marquis puke its tranny fluid all over our driveway after picking it up and driving 20 miles homes. Not encouraging, but it got towed and fixed and returned with what almost seemed like an embarrassed dealership. We did have another car to use so loaner wasn’t needed.
As said, perfect opportunity for dealer to perform customer service. Escalate to corporate.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So, I called another local dealership and they said the same thing. They have their parking lots full of cars waiting to be serviced and cannot get it in until the 20th.

But wait,,, it gets even better. They don’t have any loaner or rental cars to provide, And, it is likely that we won’t be able to find a rental from any of the other rental places (hertz, etc) in the event if it going into limp mode.

*** on a side note, the misses just told me that she had been hearing a weird noise coming from the vehicle for the last week. She described it as sounding like a printer getting ready to print a document. She said she even heard it when the vehicle was turned off. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the new turn knob shifter for the transmission that automatically puts the transmission into park when shutting it off.
Tell your misses, that weird noises usually mean something is wrong. It's best to figure out what the weird noises are before the weird noises turn into something worse.
Find a mechanic that can look at it. You don't have to go to a dealership for warranty service.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell your misses, that weird noises usually mean something is wrong. It's best to figure out what the weird noises are before the weird noises turn into something worse.
Find a mechanic that can look at it. You don't have to go to a dealership for warranty service.
I did not know it could go to a mechanic for warrant work. We just dealt with this crap before selling her Ford Edge. I am starting to think Ford quality is not what it use to be.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I did not know it could go to a mechanic for warrant work. We just dealt with this crap before selling her Ford Edge. I am starting to think Ford quality is not what it use to be.
I've bought a lot of new Fords, reliability had never been top notch.

The dealer had always been there to take care of the issues that came up.
I saw that starting to change in 2015, getting stingy on loaners and longer fix times and a disturbing amount of non-fixes in the form of computer updates.
They never fixed our Explorer or Focus after multiple tries and I ended up dumping them. Both vehicles would later have large class action lawsuits against them.

Even so the BS lured in me again. ?

My guess is that you're up against the pay differential between warranty work and non-warranty work. Warranty work pays much less. So with Dealers hurting for money they are prioritizing the higher paying non-warranty work. That and a shortage of parts may make for extended warranty service times.

The loaner fleet has probably been sold off.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've bought a lot of new Fords, reliability had never been top notch.

The dealer had always been there to take care of the issues that came up.
I saw that starting to change in 2015, getting stingy on loaners and longer fix times and a disturbing amount of non-fixes in the form of computer updates.
They never fixed our Explorer or Focus after multiple tries and I ended up dumping them. Both vehicles would later have large class action lawsuits against them.

Even so the BS lured in me again. ?

My guess is that you're up against the pay differential between warranty work and non-warranty work. Warranty work pays much less. So with Dealers hurting for money they are prioritizing the higher paying non-warranty work. That and a shortage of parts may make for extended warranty service times.

The loaner fleet has probably been sold off.
Yeah,
You make good points. I did not think about the need to sell their loaners. Makes sense. It’s hard not to get angry with them over this. However, I don’t think there is much I can do. I will call Ford tomorrow. I cannot imagine it will do much good.

Based on my recent experience with Ford and Jeep, I am 100% convinced “customer service” is a thing of the past.

I’ve always been the type to get excited about purchasing my vehicles. Not so much after this last year.

I will be curious to see what happens to the automotive industry after all of this settles down in a few years. Will the non-existence of customer service even make a difference in sales?

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Yeah,
You make good points. I did not think about the need to sell their loaners. Makes sense. It’s hard not to get angry with them over this. However, I don’t think there is much I can do. I will call Ford tomorrow. I cannot imagine it will do much good.

Based on my recent experience with Ford and Jeep, I am 100% convinced “customer service” is a thing of the past.

I’ve always been the type to get excited about purchasing my vehicles. Not so much after this last year.

I will be curious to see what happens to the automotive industry after all of this settles down in a few years. Will the non-existence of customer service even make a difference in sales?
I was relating my experience with Ford over my BS order to a stranger and he said I should I should move upscale if I wanted better service. I'll have to look into that, does say Lexus treat their customers better than Toyota? Are Mercedes and BMW, better ?

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was relating my experience with Ford over my BS order to a stranger and he said I should I should move upscale if I wanted better service. I'll have to look into that, does say Lexus great their customers better than Toyota? Are Mercedes and BMW, better ?
Ironic you mentioned this. I have owned two Lexus IS series and a Mercedes. I would never own a Mercedes again. Customer service was nothing special and the vehicle was the same. However, Lexus is a different story.

They were absolutely amazing years ago. In 2003 my IS randomly locked up and would not go into drive. It was a security thing with the key fob. The car was 2k miles past the warranty and we lived over a hundred miles from the dealership. This happened on thanksgiving. I was the second owner of the car and found the salesman’s card in the glovebox. I called him and they sent a flatbed tow truck to the house. They hauled it up to their dealership and back for free and charged nothing to fix it.

I cannot imagine any dealership doing this today.

I was just telling my wife about this tonight.

(I owned two Tacoma’s and two Tundras, great trucks, nothing great about the service though.)
Sponsored