Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If they have dealership lots full of immobile vehicles, they may have to change their blue oval signage to match the new "Found On Lot Dead" jingle customers will adopt. Of course, the signage may become ominous for some of the dealerships.

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert FOLD
Sponsored

X-man

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
I finally gave up, a subaru forester arrived on the lot a few days ago and was available for buying, I canceled the Bronco and just ordered wider A/T tires, It will do the trick and itā€™s actually not bad at all.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Well it looks like ordering a '22 is now an option.....but then if I do that and they build it and put it in a lot rot yard again I will whine and complain for several months all over again....hmmmmm......

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
This is not a normal year for anything. Ford is doing what it can to get cars on the road. If that entails putting incomplete vehicles with outstanding recalls on lots to be fixed as dealer parts become available it can be done. The notion that it's illegal does not fit this narrative. Knowing the module is missing this is not a transfer of sale it's moving s vehicle to a lot from a different lot. It cannot be sold until the module is complete and the recall repaired. Millions of vehicles have been sold only to have a recall after market. This is misinformation. They can move them TBD.
What you are all failing to realize is that the BS's with the recall are still at the factory in MEXICO. They still have to go through customs and they can prevent them from coming into the country until it is proven that the recall had been properly addressed. The fine for not doing so is $21k per vehicle.
Cars sitting in dealer lots waiting for parts and/or accessories - like computer chips - are a totally different animal than cars waiting for repair parts due to a safety recall.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just wondering how many of us are in the Desert Club?
Ordered Feb 10/21, Built June 11/21 has been sitting in the desert ever since. NO explanation from Ford.
Oxford White, Badlands with Badlands Package & Co Pilot 360+
Current ETA Nov 3/21
Iā€™m in Ontario Canada.
Mine is an Ontario, Canada dealer order of March 15/21.
I spoke for it on June 25/21.
It was built on June 21/21.
Badlands, Cyber Orange, w/o Badlands package (do not want moonroof) -- towing package, Co Pilot 360+, fender flare kit II, upgraded rims and the bigger tires.
It now sits in the desert waiting for a chip apparently and if you listen to the south you can hear all the rubber parts and wipers drying up and cracking.
ETA - last I heard October 31/21.....along with probably hundreds of others roasting in the hot sun.
They better check it out thoroughly for scorpions, tarantulas, and rattlers before i take delivery.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What you are all failing to realize is that the BS's with the recall are still at the factory in MEXICO. They still have to go through customs and they can prevent them from coming into the country until it is proven that the recall had been properly addressed. The fine for not doing so is $21k per vehicle.
Cars sitting in dealer lots waiting for parts and/or accessories - like computer chips - are a totally different animal than cars waiting for repair parts due to a safety recall.
Ford customer service reps told me that they will ship the cars to the dealers to fix the recall ??ā€ā™€

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Anyone hear anything if the 10/31 and the 11/3 dates are absolutes? Meaning 10/30 isn't going to come and they change to 2/31/22?
I am thinking of just going out and picking up a ranger if I can't get a confirmation that the BS will be at least on it's way by the end of October.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Anyone hear anything if the 10/31 and the 11/3 dates are absolutes? Meaning 10/30 isn't going to come and they change to 2/31/22?
I am thinking of just going out and picking up a ranger if I can't get a confirmation that the BS will be at least on it's way by the end of October.
I canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard anything concrete ā˜¹
I was told those dates were ā€œworst caseā€ but now as we are getting closer with no updates Iā€™m worried those dates are just a pipe dream.

Sbrock11

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For anyone interested and tired of waiting, I also had a June build reserved but I'm impatient and 4 1/2 months was going to be too long of a wait. So I would check on CarGurus to see if any others became available. If anything was available I got the Vin/window sticker and went to the Ford tracker to see if it was anywhere near being shipped/delivered.

I ended up finding a white OB, which I preferred over the black I had reserved. Now its 2 weeks later I'm picking it up in the morning.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard anything concrete ā˜¹
I was told those dates were ā€œworst caseā€ but now as we are getting closer with no updates Iā€™m worried those dates are just a pipe dream.
So far no one has seen any movement on the abandoned June units and we are now into September. Over on the F150 forums ppl are reporting their March/April built trucks are still stranded in the yards. Apparently once Ford puts incomplete units in yards their priority is keeping the assembly lines running and shipping completed units. Even if those June units arrive end of '21 or even into '22 they will sell for full price no discounts due to ongoing global vehicle shortage crisis. Ford will pocket the huge profit margins for every unit sold and they will all sell quickly at the empty dealer lots. Customer ordered vehicles stranded in the yards forever not a concern for Ford they don't care.

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert Lot Rot

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
This is why I pulled the trigger on a low mile 2021 4Runner. No guaranteed "delivery by" time and no information from Ford at all.

Now I'm curious to see if Ford is ever going to finish it or will Ford just continue as they are doing now and keep building new BS's on the assembly line ahead of fixing the lot rot vehicles. If demand is high there is no reason to finish the lot rot vehicles according to Fords current logic. How long before they finally build them or just cancel them? Maybe they will sell them two years from now as new '21 models. Who knows? Ford sure isn't telling anybody.

BTW, I heard the a TFL YouTube video that Ford is giving out swag to Bronco people waiting for their trucks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For many upset about the vehicles sitting in storage waiting on a part, see if you can find a bronco or a BS heading to a lot or like Jerry just move on. Ford will repair those vehicles. They will sell, likely above MSRP wether it's to you or to some lucky buyer on a lot. Their job is to produce vehicles and make profit. It's a hard reality, but it's been working for over a hundred years. 2020/21 is proving to be a rough year for car buying. All the car companies are starting to show the same issues. Suck it up or move on.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
For many upset about the vehicles sitting in storage waiting on a part, see if you can find a bronco or a BS heading to a lot or like Jerry just move on. Ford will repair those vehicles. They will sell, likely above MSRP wether it's to you or to some lucky buyer on a lot. Their job is to produce vehicles and make profit. It's a hard reality, but it's been working for over a hundred years. 2020/21 is proving to be a rough year for car buying. All the car companies are starting to show the same issues. Suck it up or move on.
I would agree. Just tough to move on from a vehicle that I am getting $2000 under MSRP.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Perhaps you like sucking it up to Ford, I do not.

As for moving on, maybe at some point. Perhaps when the vehicle I ordered is delivered or Ford lets me know for sure when it will be delivered.

I figure if Ford really wants me to just move on then Ford can let me know. There's a Ford rep on the forum, he/she/other can simply tell all of us future revenue sources to to just move on to the competition and I believe most of us will do so.

All it takes is for Ford to "suck it up" and just say so.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Ford doesnā€™t want you to move on. In fact I doubt Ford cares one bit if you stay or go. Job 1 for Ford management is to make and sell vehicles to dealers in a manner that is the most profitable to the company. If that means June builds get a back seat so be it. If those waiting for a June build hang on, the dealers get a quick sale. If not, the dealer owns the vehicle for a bit. Either way, Ford will have sold the car.
Sponsored