Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got my crossbars installed today. They were $340(ordered with Buck in Jan), took about 15 mins to install. I removed the one cap for the photo and experience of removing it. Pretty straightforward process.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 10
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 1
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 2
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 3
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 4
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 5
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 6
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 7
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 8
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar install 9

p.s. While I was at the dealer I went ahead and spent my 42,000 reward points and about $100 on wind deflectors and privacy screen. Will post pics when installed!

Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Wind hood
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed Wind side
Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed VM1PZ-99000C38-B
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I can't figure out why the chose to make these sit so high with the bowed shape. There must be a reason but I can't figure out.

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can't figure out why the chose to make these sit so high with the bowed shape. There must be a reason but I can't figure out.
I wasn't sure about it either... I actually ordered some Thule Evo 135's too, so I will most likely throw those on for a reference. Once I ran into that other Bronc with the same bars and that basket on it, I was totally okay with the height. Although now I'm considering that I didn't previously consider the BL sits higher than the BB.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I took my factory cross bars off yesterday to see if there is/was a difference in noise plus I don't "need" them yet (still considering a Yakima LockNLoad set up). But I was wondering it's necessary for the factory bars to face in the direction indicated on them? It seems to me that it would be easier to strap something down if the 4 "eyelets" faced each other, which means the rear bar would need to be turned 180°.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Most likely it's tall to clear the open moon roof, which comes out and up, versus into the roof when open.
Your comment got my ole hamster spinnin' so I went out and took pics/vid. :)

Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed IMG_2790[1].JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Factory (Yakima) Crossbar installed IMG_2791[1].JPG

Last edited:

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Your comment got my ole hamster spinnin' so I went out and took pics/vid. :)

How many inches between the glass and the side rail? I can't tell from the photos.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I'm thinking with my Yakima towers I'll be able to pop it but not open it. No biggie. I usually just pop it anyway. Just depends on how far back the glass is when it's just popped open.

playdohpy

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Great pics and video! I initially thought they were super high because of the moon roof but it looks like they could've made them a little shorter to clear it.

The bronco nation 4WP build though had rooftop tent and awning direct mount options without the need for crossbars so I wonder if we're going to see more options that don't require crossbars from more companies, especially since the roof weight capacity with the moonroof is so low.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
The bronco nation 4WP build though had rooftop tent and awning direct mount options without the need for crossbars so I wonder if we're going to see more options that don't require crossbars from more companies, especially since the roof weight capacity with the moonroof is so low.
I don't think the weight is correct in the manual. The weight limit is most likely the factory crossbars themselves. It says 100 Lbs. for the crossbars with a panoramic sunroof, nothing about the Sport's moonroof. The Sport's side rails should hold a lot more than the crossbars. The Sport doesn't have a panoramic sunroof and there's a rollover bar up there. I'm thinking someone just got lazy and copied the text from the Escape manual. They have a tent that sleeps two as an accessory. I originally heard the roof had a 600 pound weight limit when parked.

Last edited:

s-hendrix

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Can these be installed at any point along the rails? I'm considering getting a smaller rack but I'd like to keep it towards the rear so nothing is above the moonroof.

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can these be installed at any point along the rails? I'm considering getting a smaller rack but I'd like to keep it towards the rear so nothing is above the moonroof.
Not with this particular set up. The end cap fits in a little notch under the rail. I am making a post using Thule Wingbar Evo 135's. I think they will fit your needs. It'll be up here in a few.

s-hendrix

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Not with this particular set up. The end cap fits in a little notch under the rail. I am making a post using Thule Wingbar Evo 135's. I think they will fit your needs. It'll be up here in a few.
Awesome! I greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to your post.
Sponsored