Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Part of me is glad I'm having my dealer install my Yakima crossbars before I pick up my BS (hopefully later this week). All I will know is the wind noise with the crossbars installed. Ignorance is bliss...

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So your saying you still had wind noise without the cross bars on?
Well I believe that every vehicle has wind noise to some degree and the BS isn't very aerodynamic to begin with.

gman62

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I have a minivan, nissan pathfinder, escape, edge and other SUVs. None of these cars have cross rails and none have any wind noise. I would hope with the cross bars off, the BS would not have wind noise.

Romac

Base
First Name
Roman
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Escape SE
Is there any increase in noise or reduced gas mileage with these? Planning to order some for the occasional trip. I've never used a roof rack at all before so I don't really have an experience, like once they're on is it a huge pita where you would basically leave them on? Or is it a relatively simple thing if you need them a couple times of year to swap them on?

I don't want to have annoying noise or fuel mileage penalty for something I realistically won't use THAT often.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is there any increase in noise or reduced gas mileage with these? Planning to order some for the occasional trip. I've never used a roof rack at all before so I don't really have an experience, like once they're on is it a huge pita where you would basically leave them on? Or is it a relatively simple thing if you need them a couple times of year to swap them on?

I don't want to have annoying noise or fuel mileage penalty for something I realistically won't use THAT often.
Don't forget to take into consideration the "cool look" factor. ;)

Advertisement

Advertisement