Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
According to an online manual I found, it simply states “if equipped” next to that feature. I tried to do a search and was unsuccessful, also reviewed my window sticker and couldn’t find a reference to it.
Appears you are correct, this is from the specs per the Outer Banks build, I didn’t find it under the Badlands. This must be it.
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 660F29C9-9B26-4441-9831-013E04A36721
Sponsored

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I think a small solar trickle charger sitting on the dash and plugged in the power outlet might be wise.
Lots of little power demands when the engine is off.
After mine sat for three days my remote start from my phone would not work,(I had been in and out using the power door locks, listening to my headlight fan start and stop several times during that three days).
A little investigating tells me the battery must be pretty close to peak voltage for that to work.
And,
We only get two remote starts if the vehicle is not driven. The alternator cannot charge/top off the battery at Idle...
FWIW
So the fans were coming on even while the vehicle was sitting and headlights were not being used? wonder why that is - i mean there's nothing to "cool down" if the headlights were off....

There are small trickle chargers that one can permanently mount inside the engine compartment, and have them plugged into a normal wall outlet IF you have a garage and an outlet nearby. Even if parked outside I think it can be done, using an outdoor outlet which most houses have. (but then the car would outside with the hood ajar, which is not ideaI i guess)
NOCO Genius makes several of those and I have used them in the past.

(I was not able to use them by plugging into my BMW's cig. lighter port: for some reason, the adapter that came with the NOCO just wouldn't fit well. It just fell off, and I was scared to force it and damage the power port of the car. It may be just that car, so might work well with others. So I just mounted it permanently in the engine bay, had the hood slightly open, and had it plugged directly into a wall outlet.)

Last edited:

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Appears you are correct, this is from the specs per the Outer Banks build, I didn’t find it under the Badlands. This must be it.
OK. So we know that FE and OB are the only trims with wiper de-icer....
So how is the wiper park area being de-iced on @schizorage's BASE?

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ok, here is a new one... I think I read where someone had found a small chip in the paint on the hood or front fascia, I found one on the very front of my hood and so I purchased the below hood protector. Thoughts on looks?
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 6C7E9123-1C23-4787-A8DA-B4D4C5BAFC42

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ok, here is a new one... I think I read where someone had found a small chip in the paint on the hood or front fascia, I found one on the very front of my hood and so I purchased the below hood protector. Thoughts on looks?
The one in your photo appears to be low-profile and blends in well with the grille. Hood protectors don't seem to be as popular as they once were, but I found them to be very effective.

My Escape had 260,000+ miles on it when I sold it and the hood protector served well. I had a coworker with a Lexus that had 3M protection film on it and it cracked and looked horrible. I may consider a hood protector myself based on my past success with them.

P.S. I don't know why this should be in the "Complaints" thread.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The one in your photo appears to be low-profile and blends in well with the grille. Hood protectors don't seem to be as popular as they once were, but I found them to be very effective.

My Escape had 260,000+ miles on it when I sold it and the hood protector served well. I had a coworker with a Lexus that had 3M protection film on it and it cracked and looked horrible. I may consider a hood protector myself based on my past success with them.

P.S. I don't know why this should be in the "Complaints" thread.
Complaints based on the easy paint chip discussion... again, I couldn’t recall of it was under this thread or not. It seemed pretty easy to chip and I only have 700 miles on my BL. I’ve reached out to the dealership to see what they could possibly do but figured I needed to get something. Thanks for your assessment.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Complaints based on the easy paint chip discussion... again, I couldn’t recall of it was under this thread or not.
Gotcha, makes sense. That said, it might not hurt for you to put a thread over in the "Exterior Modifications" section about your protector with some frontal and side photos so others may be better able to assess it for suitability on their vehicle.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Gotcha, makes sense. That said, it might not hurt for you to put a thread over in the "Exterior Modifications" section about your protector with some frontal and side photos so others may be better able to assess it for suitability on their vehicle.
That’s a good idea, I haven’t made it through the threads yet I don’t think... thanks!

freckles007

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
So here in Indianapolis we got a serious snow storm yesterday. The thing handles like a dream in deep snow. No complaints on that.

But after helping my parents go to the store for some quick shopping I noticed something that will probably be a problem. When the wind is severe, the blowing snow got behind the doors. The rear door had snow packed. After opening the door, all of the snow fell into my cargo area.

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082342
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082352
Oh no! I live in Indy, my scion can’t handle snow falls like that.
None after 1200 plus miles. The respect I have for this vehicle just grows more after every outing. It is rock solid on and off road, snow covered or not. They did a really good job designing the BS. Averaging over 25 mpg with the 250hp 2.0L in my Badlands (best tank 28 mpg! so far). Very happy with that! Comfortable on road but amazing off-road where I think it truly shines! It does deserve the Bronco name!
How is the cabin noise? I listen to a lot of podcasts and make a lot of phone calls. I know this wasn’t designed as a commuter car but for 80% of the year, it will be my daily driver. Also, does the lift mechanism for the back window feel sturdy enough that you could drive with it up? Our hounds would love a rear view.

abilski

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I thought I’d ask people who have already taken delivery / purchased a Bronco Sport. Any complaints so far? Most reviews seem to be pretty positive from what I’ve seen but I was just curious.

I also don’t understand all of the negativity from other people towards this vehicle. I recently ordered an Outer Banks with OB package and now have an April build date. Lately I feel like I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the Bronco Sport in general. These mostly seem to be from Jeep owners or people who don’t realize that the Bronco sport isn’t the same model as the full sized Bronco. Or they’re calling it the Escape ?
I do actually have one complaint. I have a BB in Alto Blue, love how it handles, tackles snow, not much stands in its way. However, when it comes to towing, it seems to shoot itself in the foot. The moment you plug the trailer in, the vehicle recognizes it and turns of the blind spot system, which it tells you. What it doesn’t tell you, is it changes where it allows itself to cruise with respect to the gears and transmission. Don’t get me wrong, I see the inherent beauty in it from a safety standpoint for inexperienced drivers. It’s just frustrating pulling a 300lbs all aluminum flatbed trailer and my MPG goes from 27/30 to 12/15 at best.

I’m guessing it just sits in 5th or 6th to allow for “more power” when called upon by the pedal, it’s just over compensating too much for my taste.

jwagner3

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco sport
1600 miles on my base model dressed in Shadow black.
Not a single complaint, nada none.
It's great on my slippery roads.
The littlest thing stands out to me,
It has the best windshield wipers I've ever had, they are silent and clean perfectly.
I’m saying man those windshield wipers are insanely good

jwagner3

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco sport
I thought I’d ask people who have already taken delivery / purchased a Bronco Sport. Any complaints so far? Most reviews seem to be pretty positive from what I’ve seen but I was just curious.

I also don’t understand all of the negativity from other people towards this vehicle. I recently ordered an Outer Banks with OB package and now have an April build date. Lately I feel like I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the Bronco Sport in general. These mostly seem to be from Jeep owners or people who don’t realize that the Bronco sport isn’t the same model as the full sized Bronco. Or they’re calling it the Escape ?
I love just about everything except the steering wheel and the audio. I don’t plan on upgrading the steering wheel but will be getting some brand new subs and speakers. Other than that, it’s absolutely fantastic.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
The moment you plug the trailer in, the vehicle recognizes it and turns of the blind spot system, which it tells you. What it doesn’t tell you, is it changes where it allows itself to cruise with respect to the gears and transmission.
Is it sensing when trailer lights are connected to the vehicle? That would be a problem with a bicycle hitch rack or hitch mounted cargo carrier that use the trailer electric connector for remote license plate lighting or additional stop light.

Because of the license plate location low on the bumper, it will be obstructed when using anything that's hitch mounted. I would have used a remote license plate like this https://www.1up-usa.com/product/led-light-bar-plate-holder-2/ but that could affect vehicle operation when connected.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I love just about everything except the steering wheel and the audio. I don’t plan on upgrading the steering wheel but will be getting some brand new subs and speakers. Other than that, it’s absolutely fantastic.
On the one hand Ford makes it easy to spec with very few actual trims and options -- on the other, they do bundle most of the goodies into the top 2 trims (OB, BL) so that you can't even get at them at all, otherwise. So lots of content, but big $$ prices to get what you want when essentially forced into the higher trim levels. OB is a good choice for any that aren't set on the 2.0L engine and the rest of the stuff on the BL.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I do actually have one complaint. I have a BB in Alto Blue, love how it handles, tackles snow, not much stands in its way. However, when it comes to towing, it seems to shoot itself in the foot. The moment you plug the trailer in, the vehicle recognizes it and turns of the blind spot system, which it tells you. What it doesn’t tell you, is it changes where it allows itself to cruise with respect to the gears and transmission. Don’t get me wrong, I see the inherent beauty in it from a safety standpoint for inexperienced drivers. It’s just frustrating pulling a 300lbs all aluminum flatbed trailer and my MPG goes from 27/30 to 12/15 at best.

I’m guessing it just sits in 5th or 6th to allow for “more power” when called upon by the pedal, it’s just over compensating too much for my taste.
That sounds very strange to me. I have never read/heard anything about such a "trailering mode," like the 8th hidden, "G.O.A.T" mode just for trailers? NOW IT DOES engage an anti-sway system that uses various vehicle controls "when sway is detected." Could that be what's going on here? Or could it be some sort of fault in that system?
Sponsored