Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone noticed a small fan sound when the car has been turned off for some time? I hear it while washing the car and it sounds like it’s right behind the driver’s side headlight.
Sponsored

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Yes, I posted a thread on this but I don't know how to point you to it. Could someone chime in and explain how to link to a different thread?

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes, I posted a thread on this but I don't know how to point you to it. Could someone chime in and explain how to link to a different thread?
Do you recall what the thread was under? In your history you can locate where it was and then I can seek it out...?

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
It's in general topics. "Brand new with a question" I think we concluded it is a fan for the headlights but I don't know that for sure. I went in the garage yesterday and it started to make the noise. The car hadn't been run for two days so I don't know what it is doing. You are not alone.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's in general topics. "Brand new with a question" I think we concluded it is a fan for the headlights but I don't know that for sure. I went in the garage yesterday and it started to make the noise. The car hadn't been run for two days so I don't know what it is doing. You are not alone.
Interesting... oh well, I guess I won’t worry about it. It’s under warranty so all good I suppose. Thanks!

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Has anyone noticed a small fan sound when the car has been turned off for some time? I hear it while washing the car and it sounds like it’s right behind the driver’s side headlight.
It is the fan to cool the led headlights it can run for about 20 minutes after.

neosolidus

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3,Jeep Wrangler JLemon
It is the fan to cool the led headlights it can run for about 20 minutes after.
Someone above said it was running on a vehicle that had been sitting for 2 days.... a little weird if you ask me.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I love the fact that the windshield wipers are tucked in and out of site below the hood. The only exception is when you get 2" of sleet, it's very difficult to clean the area out and rescue the wiper blades. Thankfully I don't experience sleet conditions very often!

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I love the fact that the windshield wipers are tucked in and out of site below the hood. The only exception is when you get 2" of sleet, it's very difficult to clean the area out and rescue the wiper blades. Thankfully I don't experience sleet conditions very often!
If you turn on the Rear Defroster it also heats the front wiper park.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I think a small solar trickle charger sitting on the dash and plugged in the power outlet might be wise.
Lots of little power demands when the engine is off.
After mine sat for three days my remote start from my phone would not work,(I had been in and out using the power door locks, listening to my headlight fan start and stop several times during that three days).
A little investigating tells me the battery must be pretty close to peak voltage for that to work.
And,
We only get two remote starts if the vehicle is not driven. The alternator cannot charge/top off the battery at Idle...
FWIW

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Hold up, what??? ?
... So this is different from the "wiper de-icer" that is only available on the OB and FE? (i guess it IS because that screenshot doesn't mention anything model specific....)

If so, this is great news.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
... So this is different from the "wiper de-icer" that is only available on the OB and FE? (i guess it IS because that screenshot doesn't mention anything model specific....)

If so, this is great news.
According to an online manual I found, it simply states “if equipped” next to that feature. I tried to do a search and was unsuccessful, also reviewed my window sticker and couldn’t find a reference to it.
Sponsored