shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Has anyone had experience with adding on a wireless CarPlay Adapter to their Bronco Sport?

Wondering if any existing units for other Ford vehicles with Sync 3 would be compatible.
Sponsored

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
I’m curious to know if anyone has bought that device and what they think of it lol

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m curious to know if anyone has bought that device and what they think of it lol
Was reading some reviews that said it works differently depending on your model of car. Seems to be luck of the draw.

Some users reported it being slower performance, worse audio quality, inconsistent connection.

I’d like to have wireless for convenience, but not with those trade offs. I’ll stick with the wired connection until it gets to be more of an issue, or I hear of an adapter with more reliability specifically with the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone looking for wireless carplay, I have been using the Carlinkit 2nd generation for a couple of weeks and it works great. Connects within 30 seconds of cold starting up the car and has been reliable.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carlinkit-Compatible-Volkswagen-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08FG2XRBP/

For me, it has been worth the convenience of not having to plug/unplug the phone every time. Has the option to still plug in if you want to charge/switch to a wired connection.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
For anyone looking for wireless carplay, I have been using the Carlinkit 2nd generation for a couple of weeks and it works great. Connects within 30 seconds of cold starting up the car and has been reliable.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carlinkit-Compatible-Volkswagen-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08FG2XRBP/

For me, it has been worth the convenience of not having to plug/unplug the phone every time. Has the option to still plug in if you want to charge/switch to a wired connection.
When I picked up our badlands, the dealer technology guy told us that there was going to be an update later this year to enable wireless apple car play. FWIW

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
No Bluetooth connection?? Sandy uses blue Bluetooth for her iPod and the Bronco connects to my hone whenever in range.

jay.gordon

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No Bluetooth connection?? Sandy uses blue Bluetooth for her iPod and the Bronco connects to my hone whenever in range.
You should be able to select which phone is primary. It should be in the phone or bluetooth settings.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
might be something that can be unlocked with FORSCAN...
I was poking around in Forscan, in APIM the wireless transmit is enabled, it just doesn't work. It is locked out in the Sync Software itself for now.
We shall see if future updates enable it
Sponsored