2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
First off, I am not trying to put down the Bronco and say the Sport is a superior vehicle…..this is just my experience of trying to make a deal on a new Bronco/ trying to trade in my Badlands Sport. My dealer did get in a 2023 Bronco Wiltrack, no options, they come with a mid package. Race Red is the color. The person who ordered it years ago backed out due to high interest supposedly. MRSP was $56k and dealer wanted 10k over sticker.

First impressions on the Wildtrack are great! WOW! Looks like a monster truck, they have the Sasquatch package standard which adds 35” tires, Fox 3 suspension. It sits up high and looks great IMO. Not a huge fan a red regularly on cars….but with the Wildtracks’ black grille and emblems…looks 🔥 to me.

Step inside and overall I liked it. Not in love with the tan ish interior with blue accents. The fabric seats are an almost backpack material and had a digital camo print. The fact that the hardtop comes off was awesome! Back seat room was marginally bigger. Kind of a let down. The rear cargo though was bigger which is what I needed for camping. But the roll bar takes up some room.

The 2.7 V6 TT was nice. The big knobby tires let you know this thing is a beast! The biggest letdown was the stereo. Apparently all 2023 broncos come with a six speaker stereo and a subwoofer. However this one on the build sheet was affected by parts shortages and has a $250 credit for subwoofer delete. What’s the most interesting about this…. after digging on some bronco forums is Ford still installed a non-functional amp and a subwoofer that does not have a magnet in it. The stereo sounds at best like two iPhones, playing at max volume! I will never complain about the 10 speaker system in my sport again!!

Now to the deal, dealer offered me after some haggling 36K for my bronco sport Badlands with premium package and sunroof. About a $3000 loss in a year. They did reduce the mark up from 10,000 over MSRP to 5000 over MSRP…. Apparently that’s a “employee price”. I have had a bit of equity in my sport, I would be financing about $40,000 for the Bronco. But at the end of the day, my sport drives much smoother, much quieter, has a heated steering wheel, definitely faster 0-60….wireless charger, leather seats, all rubber floor, which in the Wildlands was carpet everywhere. It would be probably a $250 increase in payment. Plus a bit more in gas money….. I’ve gone back-and-forth for days, contemplating the pros and cons and if you ask me sometimes I’m just going to do it and sometimes it’s just not worth it and I think that’s almost a problem in comparing the two!

The biggest thing was the stereo for me! A now 61k vehicle should be much better stock. I know I could customize later…. The fact that Ford installed nonworking parts and down the road can you get those parts? Anyways….still torn what to do. But at the end of the day I still love my Sport Badlands
Check out this thing! 🔥

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. EC75A139-37F9-4650-ADE7-DD079623A54A

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. 01C7B84B-6BD5-43A5-B25A-68BE9DA45A6A

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. 64638FD4-5325-42DF-A490-53C8491E92B1

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. F3E0051A-BAB3-4169-88E1-BA1CD714CF7E
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
First off, I am not trying to put down the Bronco and say the Sport is a superior vehicle…..this is just my experience of trying to make a deal on a new Bronco/ trying to trade in my Badlands Sport. My dealer did get in a 2023 Bronco Wiltrack, no options, they come with a mid package. Race Red is the color. The person who ordered it years ago backed out due to high interest supposedly. MRSP was $56k and dealer wanted 10k over sticker.

First impressions on the Wildtrack are great! WOW! Looks like a monster truck, they have the Sasquatch package standard which adds 35” tires, Fox 3 suspension. It sits up high and looks great IMO. Not a huge fan a red regularly on cars….but with the Wildtracks’ black grille and emblems…looks 🔥 to me.

Step inside and overall I liked it. Not in love with the tan ish interior with blue accents. The fabric seats are an almost backpack material and had a digital camo print. The fact that the hardtop comes off was awesome! Back seat room was marginally bigger. Kind of a let down. The rear cargo though was bigger which is what I needed for camping. But the roll bar takes up some room.

The 2.7 V6 TT was nice. The big knobby tires let you know this thing is a beast! The biggest letdown was the stereo. Apparently all 2023 broncos come with a six speaker stereo and a subwoofer. However this one on the build sheet was affected by parts shortages and has a $250 credit for subwoofer delete. What’s the most interesting about this…. after digging on some bronco forums is Ford still installed a non-functional amp and a subwoofer that does not have a magnet in it. The stereo sounds at best like two iPhones, playing at max volume! I will never complain about the 10 speaker system in my sport again!!

Now to the deal, dealer offered me after some haggling 36K for my bronco sport Badlands with premium package and sunroof. About a $3000 loss in a year. They did reduce the mark up from 10,000 over MSRP to 5000 over MSRP…. Apparently that’s a “employee price”. I have had a bit of equity in my sport, I would be financing about $40,000 for the Bronco. But at the end of the day, my sport drives much smoother, much quieter, has a heated steering wheel, definitely faster 0-60….wireless charger, leather seats, all rubber floor, which in the Wildlands was carpet everywhere. It would be probably a $250 increase in payment. Plus a bit more in gas money….. I’ve gone back-and-forth for days, contemplating the pros and cons and if you ask me sometimes I’m just going to do it and sometimes it’s just not worth it and I think that’s almost a problem in comparing the two!

The biggest thing was the stereo for me! A now 61k vehicle should be much better stock. I know I could customize later…. The fact that Ford installed nonworking parts and down the road can you get those parts? Anyways….still torn what to do. But at the end of the day I still love my Sport Badlands
Check out this thing! 🔥

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. EC75A139-37F9-4650-ADE7-DD079623A54A

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. 01C7B84B-6BD5-43A5-B25A-68BE9DA45A6A

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. 64638FD4-5325-42DF-A490-53C8491E92B1

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. F3E0051A-BAB3-4169-88E1-BA1CD714CF7E
That is sweet!! Buy it!!!

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Man....I tend to stay away from red vehicles, but seeing the pics you just posted, that red & black combo is absolutely awesome looking. If I ever were to end up with a Bronco, that might now become my must-have color. I love it.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I agree it looks good in red and that the Sport is a superior around town.

The WildTrack is a good car too but for a grocery getter I’d rather save a bit of cash and have the smaller car.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The full-size Bronco is a real beastie. If you need off-road capability the beastie is world class; it will meet or exceed the capability of any OEM vehicle on the planet.

In the end, only you can decide if the juice is worth the squeeze. It's not for me...

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lost interest at dealer mark up. Keep that in mind in the event vehicle is totaled or find out if GAP coverage takes that into account.
Ohh agreed! Apparently they got in an Outer Banks model (looked like a Barbie jeep to me) with the Lux package and my salesman pointed out to me that the sold it for 10K over that day as well because apparently the Lux package is hard to get.....no thanks.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just get the Wildtrak and keep the Sport! Problem solved! :cool:

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
As cool as it would be to have a bright red full-size Bronco with the Sasquatch package, it's a major step when you really look at it. I'm pretty sure you just talked yourself into keeping your BS Badlands. Just noting all the features that yours has compared to the Bronco is enough proof to keep what you have. Sure the full-size is nice and is more capable but the fuel costs, lack of features, and not to mention the b.s. dealer markup are major deal breakers. Plus the BS is more comfortable and city oriented, the full-size just isn't.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As cool as it would be to have a bright red full-size Bronco with the Sasquatch package, it's a major step when you really look at it. I'm pretty sure you just talked yourself into keeping your BS Badlands. Just noting all the features that yours has compared to the Bronco is enough proof to keep what you have. Sure the full-size is nice and is more capable but the fuel costs, lack of features, and not to mention the b.s. dealer markup are major deal breakers. Plus the BS is more comfortable and city oriented, the full-size just isn't.
Nailed it! The dealer came down to $4K over sticker...... But my Badlands is just more comfortable and the interior room on the inside is really not that much bigger on the Bronco....on the outside yes its huge! I really wanted the Wildtrack because the top fully comes off. But like I said in my original post.... I was really put off and surprised at the carpet interior and the really crappy stereo. Add in 17MPG and 7-9% interest right now..... NOPE. Definitely considering ordering one when I can and adding the LUX package and probably Carbonized Grey or Cactus Grey for a color..... time will tell.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s no Wildtrack by any means, but after leaving the dealer I went up in the woods and took my Badlands Sport down some deepish snow trails no problem. Plus Bronzesmoke Metrallic is a 22’ only color and it seems a Carbonized Grey roof is no longer available….So I have a rare color combo….one day it may be a collector LOL

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. E59D920B-7F3D-4B91-8ABD-97CB5A5DF485

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go. 5C2A17F0-CD69-448A-B6C0-93D1E676A6DB

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
There are a lot more Broncos than dealers want you to know, even here in Oregon. Dealers just don't want to sell them badly. There's an Oxford White Wildtrak without the deletes right down the road from me. Sticker is 60k, but dealer's "internet price" is 85k. Don't know what the actual cost is is you actually walked in. Keep shopping if you want but I wouldn't pay dealer markups. Worth the tank of gas and a day to drive if you have to.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a lot more Broncos than dealers want you to know, even here in Oregon. Dealers just don't want to sell them badly. There's an Oxford White Wildtrak without the deletes right down the road from me. Sticker is 60k, but dealer's "internet price" is 85k. Don't know what the actual cost is is you actually walked in. Keep shopping if you want but I wouldn't pay dealer markups. Worth the tank of gas and a day to drive if you have to.
What's crazy is I am so glad I didn't pay the 5K mark-up they wanted on my Badlands Sport I have now....This mark-up will turn south real quick when interest rates stay at 6-9%......IDK....I guess some people want a Bronco that bad....Not me....

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I know what you mean about that bug. Our local has a Bronco FE with only 2200 miles. They have it listed for $66k, but when small-talking, they’ve already gone down a couple thousand without much prompting. It’s tempting but I really am liking this Sport HLE.

edit: and I like your bronze smoke … maybe both of our uniques will become collectors items :like:

Last edited:

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
I thought Ford was cracking down on these insane mark-ups. The thing loses $5k in value the instant you become the owner. Now your $4k Mark up and $5k depreciation puts you $9,000 behind just by signing your name.
Sponsored