2023 Bronco Wildtrak! Tried to buy it…a no go.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought Ford was cracking down on these insane mark-ups. The thing loses $5k in value the instant you become the owner. Now your $4k Mark up and $5k depreciation puts you $9,000 behind just by signing your name.
I think a lot of dealers get away with the markup because the Bronco was listed for MSRP on their website....Not till you go to buy it they verbally tell you its 10K over?! I don't even think that's legal?? Point of this whole thread was the mark up made it not worth it at all to me.... Specially since the 2021/22 Wildtracks' MSRP was closer to 50K, not 56K....Ford raised the price as well for 2023's ...Definitely questions the value of the Bronco....specially when you add markups.

For 65K, I'd rather have a new Sequoia or Lexus GX.....Time will tell if others will fell this way.....ONE day I'm sure the lots will be full of full size Bronco's for sale where you can pick your color and drive it home.....its already happening in some areas now with the Sports.
Sponsored

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's legal, MSRP stands for Suggested Retail Price. It's not ethical IMO but it's legal.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
It's legal, MSRP stands for Suggested Retail Price. It's not ethical IMO but it's legal.
Hmm, I don't think listing the vehicle at MSRP (the actual dollar value) on your website and then adding ADM when someone arrives is legal.

I think you should google it maybe. It is certainly not legal in many, if not all states in the US.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, I don't think listing the vehicle at MSRP (the actual dollar value) on your website and then adding ADM when someone arrives is legal.

I think you should google it maybe. It is certainly not legal in many, if not all states in the US.
Exactly, and that's what the dealer in my area is doing.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Sorry I thought you meant it was illegal to ask over MSRP . You're right, they should have to sell it for the listed price. Print it out or screenshot it and take it to consumer affairs.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the full size is pretty and looks can be tempting. That being said, I could not stand the thought of a $1000+ car payment AND bad gas mileage to boot. My wallet would be screaming.