delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I've been interested in the BS since it came out, but just got real serious about it recently. After shopping around for about every Compact and Sub-Compact SUV on the roads, the BS just stood out to me. Love the looks, inside and out. Love the flexibility/functionality of the vehicle. But no way was I going to pay the premium to get one off a lot. I looked at a Big Bend last night that the dealership was selling for $42k with zero room for negotiation. No thank you.

This car is for my son, as he leaves home and heads-off to college in the fall of 2022. The peace of mind of knowing that he's in a safe, dependable car that will start every time he gets into it is priceless to me.

I just put in an order for a BS Badlands. I've been quoted 6 to 8 months. Whatever. I'll definitely wait vs. pay the crazy markups I've seen.
Sponsored

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
I love my 89’ Bronco - bought it used & spent a bunch of $’s to mod it my way ; elocker & Detroit LSD in front changed to 4.10 ratio… then installed a new factory rebuilt long-block 302 engine at 200K miles… rebuilt tranny at same time… lots of other stuff, complete brakes, steering rods, AC system, radiator, roof rack, new headlight $ tail ligh assembly’s, new wheels, the list goes on & on…

Love that rig, but I’m in my 80’s & wanted a more ‘plush’ Bronco to cruise around in style… Plus this is probably my last ‘new’ vehicle after a lifetime of cars & trucks longer than my arm…!!!

I’m waiting for my Badlands BS, due in late Spring… Hopefully I’ll have a few more fun years exploring the ‘Outback’…!

Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? 775D561A-9E32-4EA4-9DC5-850DC476D34A

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Went to dealer 200 miles away to buy a NEW 2021 Ranger. Too tall & too cramped. Had both my Cad and F150 with us to make deal. Dealer decided to offer me an executive 2021 BS BL with everything on it. It checked all the boxes we had for our final (we hope) vehicle. We love it, and get lots of comments (all good). Now all it has to do is last 300K miles :inlove:!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My vehicle through high school was a beast of a 1979 old school Bronco. That thing was pretty awesome. Once the Bronco was reintroduced I went for a test drive. The Big Bend version was perfect so far as I was concerned. Dealer talked me into the Badlands, I've always settled for what's available, this time I did not since sports/Broncos were so hard to find. I'm glad I did. Admittedly the Bronco four door is pretty bad ass...but the sport has been everything I need, better on fuel, and more than capable for anything I do. Love my badlands approaching one year of ownership.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I wanted a AWD 2008-2012 Ford Escape.
I found a really good 2004 AWD Escape and bought that for my back up vehicle and winter beater.
My Transit Connect was struggling bad with traction climbing my steep road up to my house when things were dry and loose.
I saw a Black 2021 BS on the lot back in Dec 2020.
It was the very first one in this county, A Base model out the door Just under $28,000
My momma didn’t raise no fool.
It was mine in two hours.
And there is no way on Gods earth I’d wait six months or longer for a vehicle.
Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? F5A2FF6B-3102-459C-B139-FA8C90EDC288

Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? DA63714F-3B7C-45A0-AFC0-FA5F18D8B9A6
And If I come across a 2008-2012 AWD Escape I’ll still by it to replace my 2004 with its 208,000 miles.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a Bronco 2 in the 80s and it was one of my favorite cars. I had been thinking about getting an SUV to haul kayaks, but I really loved my hard top convertible - until it broke last month. After nine years the top finally malfunctioned and as I was waiting to get the dreaded repair bill, new car fever took over!

Friends had recently bought a Badlands. When they first told me they ordered, I looked to see what I was missing and I liked what I saw! I liked it even more when I got to ride in it a couple of months ago. By the time I got my repair bill for the convertible I had decided it was time to part with her and take the SUV plunge. I did some more research to make sure the Bronco Sport was THE car for me and then congratulated my friends for picking the best car for US!

I ordered my Badlands on 3/19 and the wait is already excruciating because I sold my a convertible a couple of weeks ago. This is the first time in my life with no wheels (other than when the hubby's car is available). I'm sure it will be worth the wait, right?

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I found a really good 2004 AWD Escape and bought that for my back up vehicle and winter beater.
My Transit Connect was struggling bad with traction climbing my steep road up to my house when things were dry and loose.
It was the very first one in this county, A Base model out the door Just under $28,000
Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? F5A2FF6B-3102-459C-B139-FA8C90EDC288

Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? DA63714F-3B7C-45A0-AFC0-FA5F18D8B9A6
And If I come across a 2008-2012 AWD Escape I’ll still by it to replace my 2004 with its 208,000 miles.
Before the Sport came out, I started looking for an old Escape. Found a 2001 with 46,000 miles on it. If it hadn't been on Long Island NY, I might have gone for it. They were great suv's

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I saw the Superbowl commercial, looked my boyfriend dead in the eyes, and told him we're getting a new Bronco. I knew right then and there, that was the car for outdoorsy, adventurous, toy-hauling me.

I was scared off by the big Bronco's MPG and wanted a Badlands sport instead. I'm adventurous, but also frugal. Couldn't find one, bought a Big Bend in June to hold me over, ordered my dream Badlands last month. Hopefully the rest is history. I'll feel better once I get a build date.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Those were good Escapes. Still incredibly common around here, my next door neighbors love theirs.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Before the Sport came out, I started looking for an old Escape. Found a 2001 with 46,000 miles on it. If it hadn't been on Long Island NY, I might have gone for it. They were great suv's
I have a slightly used 2006 upside down convertible Escape if you are interested :cool: . Gets a little wet in the back after a drive in the rain or snow. Would have rather had it rust out from the top and not the bottom!

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
We bought a Bronco Sport because we love the freedom and versatility we need. My wife loved her Volvo and when we went for a test drive in the Bronco she was sold on ride :) We ordered it that day! We just need to get our VIN #. Love the Bronco and looking forward to many adventures!!!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have a slightly used 2006 upside down convertible Escape if you are interested :cool: . Gets a little wet in the back after a drive in the rain or snow. Would have rather had it rust out from the top and not the bottom!
Ah, the rust. I remember it well.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
I was not in the market for the Bronco Sport. I was looking for a CRV/RAV4/Forester type of vehicle and the Bronco was not on my shopping list. Due to the car shortage (and used cars being over priced), I put name name on the waiting lists of a number of dealers looking for a car in my price range. The few new cars that became available were loaded near 40k. A Ford dealer called me and said he had an Area51 Bronco Sport Big Bend come in that had been ordered, but the buyer backed out. So I stopped in and I think this was the first Bronco Sport I had seen up close - I thought it was a pretty attractive vehicle. He said I could buy it now, or it would probably be gone the next day. My brother in-law works for Ford and was able to get me A-plan pricing - so I got the car for sticker with an A-plan discount. Could not pass it up. At first, I thought I may trade in the car once the car supply situation improves, but I have really warmed up to the Sport and I like it quite a bit. If it continues to work as well as it does now for the long term, I may be a Ford convert. The BS has been averaging 30+ MPG for me(I run it on ECO) - I have a 70 mile round trip to work + getting kids from school, etc.
I usually keep my cars a long time (8-15 years). My last Ford was bought in the 80's (bad experience) - I have bought foreign since. Our other car is a 2020 Outback (which we really like). Anyone else buying a Ford that would not have otherwise due to the chip shortage?

Reactions: MJE

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
I always buy Fords... but the 4th gen Escape was more a sedan than an SUV and I wasn't going to buy that... then thankfully Ford planned to come out with the Bronco and Bronco Sport. The Bronco Sport is a nice boxy SUV, just like I wanted.