Ysanlayla

Badlands
First Name
Ysan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport/VW
You should get yours soon that's almost my exact order was a badlands only option was the falken tires and the premium package same color and I ordered mine in February but the dealer messed some stuff up so I don't think it went out till like the first of March and I just got mine July 15th so you should be getting here soon I would assume
Congrats on your BS. I did get mine 19 July. Got premium, plus trailer tow for longer trips. Still getting used to the dial instead of shift, but even so , really pleased with it so far.
Sponsored

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
Hey All,
I have no history or nostalgia with the original Bronco. I was in the business for a new vehicle because my 2011 Escape started to get there. I saw the Bronco and knew that's it!! The unique look, nice and boxy, square, with lots of room so I can sleep in it. I checked every small SUV on the market and they ALL look the same, have that darn drop shape with the slanting roof. Why have an SUV/ hatchback and then take half of the space in the back away?? The bronco's roof is straight ... good for having a canoe sitting level, actually slightly down in the front and not sticking up in the air.
Long waiting time was a bit frustrating but worth it.
Since I have my Outer Banks I'm repeatedly surprised about the great features, drivability, sitting high!, completely sufficient with 3 cylinders (even two when cruising) ... good mileage (6.8 L / 100 km!! highway) (app 34 MPG)

Happy Camper!!
Cheers

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife had been wanting an SUV but she had not even seen a Bronco Sport on the roads and it wasn't on our radar. She just was tired of her low sitting car. Like others have said all the SUV's in the type we wanted all looked alike! I was working on a football field on a Saturday morning and left the school parking lot as I drove by my local dealer there set a Catus grey Big Bend sport. I pulled in thinking why would someone trade that in only to discover it was a new one, they had gotten it in the evening before. A sales guy walks out that I know( in education for years, know about everyone) I ask him if they are doing any of the " mark up stuff" when he said absolutely not it was on. I call my wife and have her look it up to see if she liked it, she was stunned but quickly replied about how much she loved the boxy look. I have never, ever bought a vehicle in 1 day , normally check with numerous places seeing who will give me the best deal, that's impossible when no one has them, lol. I started googling reviews of the thing as I also liked the looks! We started around 10 and left at 130 . My wife had to get ready and bring her trade and actually see and drive the Bronco. Probably the easiest deal I have ever done as they gave great money for the 18 Altima she was driving after going back and forth, I Had tons of fun with the negotiation, great group of guys and all was kept light. Long story short I was a little worried about the 3cyl but 2800 miles later and we couldn't be happier! She has put bigger Aggressive At tires , blacked out the white letters and man this thing is sharp! This is the first Ford I have ever owned and really happy with the dealership and vehicle so far. I actually catch myself driving this over my Tacoma sometimes, Lol! Good luck to anyone still waiting , I hope you like it as much as we do once you get it.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Was getting ready to submit my order for a 23’ Bronco Black Diamond when Ford decided they would hold all 23’ orders to let them catch up. That pushed actually getting a Bronco out until probably the end of next year. When I saw the deal Granger was offering, and that I could basically option everything i could possibly want on the BS Badlands, save $10k AND it would fit in my garage and get better gas mileage, I pulled the trigger. Still hoping to get a full size Bronco someday but will wait for the Hybrid to come out at this point to see how that performs.

Oxford White

Big Bend
First Name
Anastasio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB
Bought mine off the lot after looking for one for 3 months. It was the only box style suv with 4x4 that I was attracted to when I moved on from my Jeep Renegade. Once I test drove it I knew it was the one.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Traded my 2015 Ford Fusion with 100K miles and getting 18 mpg. Returning to the office now after working from home since Covid... For me, that's about 65 miles round trip. With the Biden gas prices, I wanted something more economical. I'm very analytical. So, I considered a lot of factors: gas mileage, on road and off road performance, features, etc., etc... To answer the question, Why did I buy a BS? It looks cool and it's fun as hell to drive. Plus I love to accessorize, and BS is a great platform for that.

BTW: I traded-in for a BS BB that was on the dealers lot. The first price he threw at me was $49,998 that included the $7,500 "market adjustment" and a $7K "protection package". I said "no thank you" and asked for my car key back (they evaluated my trade). I had to listen to three different sales guys for over two hours before they "found" my key. I finally got out of there... The next day they called me in and offered me the car for the $36,195 MSRP, but took $2K off my trade value to make the deal. Even for that deal, I could sell the car to CarMax and make some money! Pricing is crazy out there!

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My wife had a 2011 Escape Limited Hybrid until June. Liked it better than my 3G and 4G Escapes. Ordered a '23 Badlands last month.

Last edited:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
Because I want what I want and thats what I want. All new cars have gone to my wife to ensure her safety and reliability. My last new car was in 1987. Thats not to say I havent had youg aged quality used cars for myself. I wanted my color and options that I decide on not the dealer. I have been shopping for 2 months. Started with a Kia Sorento. No thanks DCT. Went to an Outback. No thanks CVT. Here I am. I ordered my BS BL in Hot pepper red with premium, Tow kit and a couple oter items. I will soon enough be able to join the overlanding community. Enhanced sightseeing here we come.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? 20220918_093944

Hurricane season 6 months a year. Currently awaiting what will be Hurricane Fiona, without Shrek and donkey. Just on where it is expected to land.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? 20220918_093944

Hurricane season 6 months a year. Currently awaiting what will be Hurricane Fiona, without Shrek and donkey. Just on where it is expected to land.
Do what you can to ensure you and your family are safe. We’re rooting for you!

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
My kids drive themselves now and I don’t have grandchildren, so I don't need an suv currently and can get my midlifecrisis car! However I still want good gas mileage, and even started my car search very open to hybid cars if available. But i really want fun, and was looking at small convertables to replace my '13 Toyota highlander. the salesperson at Ford who had just had knee surgery drove me around the lot in a BS that was already promised to another customer. I didn't get to drive it, but I loved the size and feel and the bells and whistles! For less money, There were more standard features and little details than on some entry level luxury brands . I found another dealership which had an outer banks on the lot I could test drive. I feel so at ease in the car. Love the storage options and how the controls are laid out for the driver.
As others said, it doesn't look like any other "jellybean" suv. So I get my "fun" as broncos are just coming back. and I ordered atlas blue instead of white which all my other cars have been. Plus I'm still getting to keep my ground clearance which is nice as it tends to flood here, and I was concerned about that with a low sporty convertable. I don't need the suv or the off road, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about being one of those people who are just driving it for looks and fun and not for the utility. My husband and I joke and i don't feel good about it that at most it'll be across the lawn to a beer tasting. I've ordered the outer banks.

I'm ordering because I can't get the features or color I want off the lot. I want the moonroof and I want the assist plus. I'm ordering because I'll only pay msrp and not $2k more for dealership inventory supply and end up paying more for less features.

I am worried that the 3 cylinder engine isn't going to be enough for me as I'm used to more power from my highlander. I'm hoping the sport mode with be enough when i want to pass or get extra power.

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had a 2013 Raptor. Ford offered me dang good trade in money and was looking at a more economical vehicle. Salesman said "have you seen the Bronco Sport?" (was looking at escapes, which looks like a grandma car to me). From there I was sold, and got me a BB which I love.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I've been interested in the BS since it came out, but just got real serious about it recently. After shopping around for about every Compact and Sub-Compact SUV on the roads, the BS just stood out to me. Love the looks, inside and out. Love the flexibility/functionality of the vehicle. But no way was I going to pay the premium to get one off a lot. I looked at a Big Bend last night that the dealership was selling for $42k with zero room for negotiation. No thank you.

This car is for my son, as he leaves home and heads-off to college in the fall of 2022. The peace of mind of knowing that he's in a safe, dependable car that will start every time he gets into it is priceless to me.

I just put in an order for a BS Badlands. I've been quoted 6 to 8 months. Whatever. I'll definitely wait vs. pay the crazy markups I've seen.
I responded to this thread on Page 5...March 1st.

Now I can respond to a slightly modified question: Why Did I order a Bronco Sport again?

The short answer is, it's just that good of a vehicle and Granger made me feel very good about the deal. So now we wait for our '23 BS Badlands to eventually show up....
Sponsored