Which Ford Accessories are “Good Values” when ordering?

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
As the title states, is there a list anywhere on the forum of the Ford Accessories that actually make sense to order with your vehicle, from a financial perspective? For instance the Cargo Management System is a $150 option but to order it separately from the vehicle seems to cost several hundred more and requires changing interior panels. Any other accessories that would make sense to order with the vehicle, from a cost/time perspective?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I used my points for the jump start kit and the molle bags. So far so good. My son with an older car has used the jumper a few times. The bags I've used quite a bit. Those were practical things for me. Everyone is different.🤷🏻‍♂️

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
JUmp start kit you can get after market cheaper. so do that.
The AT tires, are 50/50. if you are going to lift and go bigger they are a waste, if you arnt they are a great deal.
going from outer banks to Badlands is a good deal as I see it, better differential (rear lockers), bigger motor, and larger towing capability(though only 2200 vs 2000 matters for those of that that haul 1/2 cord of firewood at a time..).

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Not that you would have thought about this. Make sure you understand the headlight differences between Base/Big Bend, and OBX/Badlands. The signature lighting refers to the ring/halo around the actual headlight. Base/Big Bend is painted plastic that does not light up. Trying to change these lights cost about $1,150 per headlight. For that price, you should just step up in trim to an OBX and get all the other extra features.

OP
OP
Scottie137

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have ordered the BL with Premium, 360+, Tow and Cargo Management. Reading about how much the Cargo management would cost to add on after the order is what prompted me to create the thread. Wondring if there is anything else that would actually be cheaper to just order with the car as its going to be a 23 so I still have time to add.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
There's not much more as far as factory options go. Cargo Management and 360+ are essentially non-addable after the fact. You technically can always add a hitch aftermarket, same with audio upgrades, and some other tech options that have products to fill a need.

Other than that, there are Ford Accessories that have good value, but don't purchase with the vehicle, it's worth shopping around for those as there can be sales on Ford's official site or there are plenty of dealers that sell accessories online for prices that are always lower than Ford's official. Also, sometimes the 3rd party branded stuff can offer good deals. For example, the Yakima Crossbar kit (VM1PZ7855100A) is a set of Timberline Towers, Jetstream Bars, and set of 4 locks. This set would be about $560 on Amazon, but can be had for under $500 on ebay or some parts sites. Same with the Yakima Awning (SlimShady 6.5). Ford part VKB3Z99000C38E. $390 on Amazon but $275 at a site like Fairway Ford. Just google the part number and lots of sites will show up. Find one local to you for pickup, or ask your dealer to price match, or find a site with the best shipping prices (Fairway has always been good for me).

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Anything that is a DIO, Dealer Installed Option. The installation is covered when you order it with the vehicle.
If you buy it afterwards then you have to pay for installation.
Fender flares are a good example of that.

If you are getting x-plan or other then the discount applies to the whole order not just the vehicle itself. Also if you get special rate financing, the same thing.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'll be contrary on DIOs. Anything that doesn't have to be installed during the build can cause a delay in scheduling. I got floor mats, cargo mat, and soon bug shield all after the fact. My Badlands was scheduled in 3 weeks and delivered in under 4 months, and that's with 360+.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The AT tires, are 50/50. if you are going to lift and go bigger they are a waste, if you arnt they are a great deal.
going from outer banks to Badlands is a good deal as I see it, better differential (rear lockers), bigger motor, and larger towing capability(though only 2200 vs 2000 matters for those of that that haul 1/2 cord of firewood at a time..).
Aftermarket is better than free with Ford points...good to know.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Aftermarket is better than free with Ford points...good to know.
I don't believe that's what the poster was saying. I think they were suggesting better uses for the Ford Points than something that, in their opinion, is more expensive through Ford and that the points could instead be used toward things that aren't as marked up. YMMV.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Rubber floor mat set, rear deck rubber and mud flaps.
Yokohama Geolandars, upped the width a tad to 235’s.
No taller cause I like my acceleration and roll out as close to stock as possible.
Have yet to want or need anything more than my BASE model has.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don't believe that's what the poster was saying. I think they were suggesting better uses for the Ford Points than something that, in their opinion, is more expensive through Ford and that the points could instead be used toward things that aren't as marked up. YMMV.
I got it...but, points are just fictitious "things"...I simply made a counter statement, my battery jump kit was free...and useful. So, if I went to the store and paid cash...it wasn't cheaper. It's just perspective. There weren't other useless to me things better than a jump kit with two kids in college. I offered advice on an item that was useful for the point system. Take it or leave it.

Ysanlayla

Badlands
First Name
Ysan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport/VW
I'll be contrary on DIOs. Anything that doesn't have to be installed during the build can cause a delay in scheduling. I got floor mats, cargo mat, and soon bug shield all after the fact. My Badlands was scheduled in 3 weeks and delivered in under 4 months, and that's with 360+.
You got yours faster than my BS BL with 360, cargo mat, roof rails, trailer hitch and premium. Ordered 15 Feb 22, received 19 July

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Just to add -- I haven't checked every accessory, but the ones I've looked at have been overpriced (like the jump start kit).

For example, I was ready to order the Curt hitch mount cargo carrier, when I realized I could get it at NAPA for $125 less! We need to spend our 42,000 points before they expire, so it looks like we'll have to bite the bullet and just overpay for something to use them.

I gather the OP is asking about what makes sense to get when ordering the BS (as opposed to afterwards). It's smart to think ahead like that. One thing that comes to mind is the tow package. Initially I thought I'd just buy an aftermarket hitch for about 1/2 the tow package price. Then I read what's involved with installation (much more than a normal hitch install) and realized that I would also have to purchase and install the trailer wiring and connector. Add that all up and the factory tow package looks pretty good.

Oh, and the package includes an aux ATF cooler and an oil cooler (IIRC), as well as some sort of 'sway control' tech.

Bottom line, the tow package is something that's worth ordering if you have any use for it.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Anything that is a DIO, Dealer Installed Option. The installation is covered when you order it with the vehicle.
If you buy it afterwards then you have to pay for installation.
Fender flares are a good example of that.

If you are getting x-plan or other then the discount applies to the whole order not just the vehicle itself. Also if you get special rate financing, the same thing.
Just to be clear, you're saying that the price on the fender flares listed on Ford's "Build Your Own" site includes dealer installation?
Sponsored