Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2018 Focus RS
Hello All --

I am new to this forum and initially came here to research the addition of the Perimeter Plus add-on w/ Remote Start for my 2023 Big Bend. After having some issues with Ford Pass not responding and the Ford Pass options not being available, I made an appointment with Ford to have this looked at as a module and Master Reset did not resolve the issue permanently. I didn't want to depend on cell service / modules to remote start my car.

Since the next available appointment was a month out, seems to be typical at the dealers in my area, I ordered the module and added the installation for $60. It seems like a very easy install, but since my vehicle was already going to be in and to ensure the install was blessed by the Ford Gods, I figured I'd pay for the convenience.

Today, I received a call from the dealer that it will be around $700 due to the "reprogramming" and "additional wiring" for the antenna (I did add the extended range antenna w/ installation for a future 2-way fob). Thanks to threads here, I know that this is not the case, but curious if anyone has had a similar experience?

As a long time Ford owner (my first new car purchase was a 2010 Ford Escape in 2009), it seems that Ford Dealers are getting scummier and scummier here in the North Denver area. In November 2023, one dealer scratched my 2018 Focus RS and now it seems that the one dealer I trusted is now giving me the run around on this.
Sponsored

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I can’t remember exactly what thread on here that I read it on but there’s definitely been other people that are charged significantly more than the installation cost posted on fords accessory website. $700 seems ridiculous. Plus the month out. Yeesh.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Here’s my post about it.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-perimeter-plus-alarm-upgrade.3420/

Yes. $700 is crazy. I did it myself. Unless you park your Bronco in the lower 40 barn….I did not go with the extended range.
I do know FORD does not do that work and have a 3rd party upfitter do it, thus $700.
Don’t have them do it! IMHO

You can do it yourself for sure or get a reputable car alarm guy to do it.

OP
OP
Ficklesticks

Ficklesticks

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. This was something I am fairly comfortable doing, but thought my time wasn't worth the "reasonable" installation fee.

At this point, I think the plan would be to grab the parts from the dealer since they were delivered there and try to get a copy of the install guide specifically for the Bronco Sport.

Has anyone has luck getting that bit of information from a dealer parts department? I've seen a few links floating around here,but being a new member, I'm a bit out of luck to download the attachment until I get my score up 🙄

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I agree. This was something I am fairly comfortable doing, but thought my time wasn't worth the "reasonable" installation fee.

At this point, I think the plan would be to grab the parts from the dealer since they were delivered there and try to get a copy of the install guide specifically for the Bronco Sport.

Has anyone has luck getting that bit of information from a dealer parts department? I've seen a few links floating around here,but being a new member, I'm a bit out of luck to download the attachment until I get my score up 🙄
Install instructions come with the kit. Non specific to the Sport. Note. There is a small dip switch to turn on for remote start on the module.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
My dealer installed the Perimeter plus on mine for about $100 but I did not have the extended antenna or the LED indicator light on my installation. I was tempted to just contract with a stereo installer to do this and I am sure that it would have been less expensive.

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello All --

I am new to this forum and initially came here to research the addition of the Perimeter Plus add-on w/ Remote Start for my 2023 Big Bend. After having some issues with Ford Pass not responding and the Ford Pass options not being available, I made an appointment with Ford to have this looked at as a module and Master Reset did not resolve the issue permanently. I didn't want to depend on cell service / modules to remote start my car.

Since the next available appointment was a month out, seems to be typical at the dealers in my area, I ordered the module and added the installation for $60. It seems like a very easy install, but since my vehicle was already going to be in and to ensure the install was blessed by the Ford Gods, I figured I'd pay for the convenience.

Today, I received a call from the dealer that it will be around $700 due to the "reprogramming" and "additional wiring" for the antenna (I did add the extended range antenna w/ installation for a future 2-way fob). Thanks to threads here, I know that this is not the case, but curious if anyone has had a similar experience?

As a long time Ford owner (my first new car purchase was a 2010 Ford Escape in 2009), it seems that Ford Dealers are getting scummier and scummier here in the North Denver area. In November 2023, one dealer scratched my 2018 Focus RS and now it seems that the one dealer I trusted is now giving me the run around on this.
Long time reader/first time commenting...I talked to my Ford guy and he said Perimeter Plus is great if you're going to be parking in an area known for criminal mischief but in the suburbs/exburbs your conventional alarm is sufficient. Also, I already have remote start through the Ford Pass app. I know it won't be for free for ever bur right now it works great and the car is somehow connected to cell networks 'cause when I'm out of town I can still lock it/check status.

OP
OP
Ficklesticks

Ficklesticks

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat, but one of the reasons the car was in as the vehicle continues to have issues with the Ford Pass Module on the car, so I wanted something for when I'm at my hunting spot with no cell service or not being dependent on my phone for some remote start actions.

I wish Ford just offered the remote start add on versus the whole Perimeter Plus as I plan to dial back the sensitivity of it ever gets installed or I get my car back from the dealer.

Long time reader/first time commenting...I talked to my Ford guy and he said Perimeter Plus is great if you're going to be parking in an area known for criminal mischief but in the suburbs/exburbs your conventional alarm is sufficient. Also, I already have remote start through the Ford Pass app. I know it won't be for free for ever bur right now it works great and the car is somehow connected to cell networks 'cause when I'm out of town I can still lock it/check status.
Sponsored