Ford Performance Bronco Sport Accessories, and what I'd like to see Ford Offer.

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Any chance Ford will offer any official Performance parts/accessories for the Bronco Sport Product Line?

If you look at what's being offered, there isn't much, especially when compared to the Bronco.

Things that I'd like to see from Ford Performance:

1. Ford Engine Performance Software
2. Ford Lift Kit
3. Offroad Performance Shocks
3. Skid Plates, maybe offer their Diamond Package as a kit, though I haven't seen pictures of what it comprises of.
4. Performance Air Box
5. Cat-Back Exhaust
6. Metal rather than Plastic Bumpers.
7. External Rear Spare Tire Mount via the Trailer Hitch

Why Ford, because if they install it, they warranty it. Anything aftermarket, voids your warranty.

Other Suggestions?
Sponsored

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Any chance Ford will offer any official Performance parts/accessories for the Bronco Sport Product Line?

If you look at what's being offered, there isn't much, especially when compared to the Bronco.

Things that I'd like to see from Ford Performance:

1. Ford Engine Performance Software
2. Ford Lift Kit
3. Offroad Performance Shocks
3. Skid Plates, maybe offer their Diamond Package as a kit, though I haven't seen pictures of what it comprises of.
4. Performance Air Box
5. Cat-Back Exhaust
6. Metal rather than Plastic Bumpers.
7. External Rear Spare Tire Mount via the Trailer Hitch

Why Ford, because if they install it, they warranty it. Anything aftermarket, voids your warranty.

Other Suggestions?
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act covers all consumers for certain vehicle mods. Exhaust, no problem as long as you only modify behind the Catalytic Convertor (CatBack). Intake, no problem as long as all sensors and filter are in place with the mod. Other items such as suspension (lift) is also covered as long as it is determined a failure on the remaining suspension, steering, etc is not directly related to the mod. Stay away from electronic software or hardware mods, that's where there will be a warranty issue if something happens. A dealer diagnostics will instantly flag a programming mod so don't go there.

OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act covers all consumers for certain vehicle mods. Exhaust, no problem as long as you only modify behind the Catalytic Convertor (CatBack). Intake, no problem as long as all sensors and filter are in place with the mod. Other items such as suspension (lift) is also covered as long as it is determined a failure on the remaining suspension, steering, etc is not directly related to the mod. Stay away from electronic software or hardware mods, that's where there will be a warranty issue if something happens. A dealer diagnostics will instantly flag a programming mod so don't go there.
What about Ford's own performance software, which they have available for some of their other vehicles, like the Focus ST, RS, Mustangs, etc.

They warranty that, as long as it's installed by a Certified Ford dealership.

Granted there isn't one available for the BS, yet.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Even if the software/hardware is Ford licensed than then get it in writting that your warranty will not be voided. Better safe than sorry.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What about Ford's own performance software, which they have available for some of their other vehicles, like the Focus ST, RS, Mustangs, etc.

They warranty that, as long as it's installed by a Certified Ford dealership.
You should read the warranty document that comes with Ford Performance software and other accessories. For warranty purposes, Ford Performance parts are considered "aftermarket." Ford Performance does offer a warranty on some of its parts, but there are a lot of caveats. For example, the software is typically warranted for 3yr/36K from date of vehicle purchase. That means if you have 25k miles on the odometer you'll only get 11K miles of warranty for the software. After that, you revert to your NVLW, which expressly excludes coverage for aftermarket software.

BTW, the software doesn't need to be installed by a dealership, the installer just has to be ASE certified.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT

A CAI would probably be fine for warranty work but not for emissions. Here in Cali a CAI requires a CARB EO#, if you get pulled over by a policeman by the street-racing task force and they pop your hood and they see a CAI without the CARB EO sticker, they can refer you to a referee. Probably never happen with a BS though. Had this happen with my BMWE92 M3 and my Mustang.

Would love to see a FP Power kit and a FP lift kit. Borla already makes a Catback kit for the BS, and FP uses Borla for its exhaust. This should be a no brainer.

https://www.borla.com/products/exhaust-systems/results/

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
A CAI would probably be fine for warranty work but not for emissions. Here in Cali a CAI requires a CARB EO#, if you get pulled over by a policeman by the street-racing task force and they pop your hood and they see a CAI without the CARB EO sticker, they can refer you to a referee. Probably never happen with a BS though. Had this happen with my BMWE92 M3 and my Mustang.

Would love to see a FP Power kit and a FP lift kit. Borla already makes a Catback kit for the BS, and FP uses Borla for its exhaust. This should be a no brainer.

https://www.borla.com/products/exhaust-systems/results/
I have aFe Power CAI, this company has the CA CARB certification. My CAI is legal in all 50 states however there are some versions of the CAI that might not be covered. As far as exhaust goes, California is special in that regards. Generally speaking if a mod is legally sold in CA then its most likely legal in al 50 states. I've attached a couple of photos on my set up.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Performance Bronco Sport Accessories, and what I'd like to see Ford Offer. 20230228_063321
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Performance Bronco Sport Accessories, and what I'd like to see Ford Offer. 20230228_063240

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoHack

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have aFe Power CAI, this company has the CA CARB certification. My CAI is legal in all 50 states however there are some versions of the CAI that might not be covered. As far as exhaust goes, California is special in that regards. Generally speaking if a mod is legally sold in CA then its most likely legal in al 50 states. I've attached a couple of photos on my set up.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Performance Bronco Sport Accessories, and what I'd like to see Ford Offer. 20230228_063321
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Performance Bronco Sport Accessories, and what I'd like to see Ford Offer. 20230228_063240

How do the Borla's sound?

Is there a video which shows both stock and w/the Borla Exhaust?

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How many more ponies you've got with that setting?

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Does Borla offer an exhaust that keeps the OEM angle of the exhaust tips? I like the down-turn on the pipes that come on the vehicle, for their functionality if crossing water.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
How many more ponies you've got with that setting?
I really can't say without putting it on a dyno. Is the power increase noticeable, yes. MPG even more so. The exhaust sound 100% noticeable but not overdone or raspy. Just a smooth, low growl, no drone or headache inducing tone.

Fast Mavericks

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Digging up an old thread but I’d like to offer some help.

Since the Bronco Sport and Maverick share many parts, several items mentioned are available.

Warranty Aside……

I carry Liveronis tuners which are good for 40whp and 75wtq on the Ecoboost.

The S&B intake is listed for the Maverick and Bronco Sport and is hands down the best intake available. I’ve sold over 100 and at $349.99 they are a bargain.

I carry 409 and 304 EPA catted downpipes and catbacks that will fit the B.S. from what I’ve seen. I would like to work with someone interested in installing parts to verify fitment.

I have several parts that should cross over should anyone be interested.

Reactions: RNM

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Digging up an old thread but I’d like to offer some help.

Since the Bronco Sport and Maverick share many parts, several items mentioned are available.

Warranty Aside……

I carry Liveronis tuners which are good for 40whp and 75wtq on the Ecoboost.

The S&B intake is listed for the Maverick and Bronco Sport and is hands down the best intake available. I’ve sold over 100 and at $349.99 they are a bargain.

I carry 409 and 304 EPA catted downpipes and catbacks that will fit the B.S. from what I’ve seen. I would like to work with someone interested in installing parts to verify fitment.

I have several parts that should cross over should anyone be interested.

Even though those are catted DPs which one is EPA approved? If its EPA approved it won't kick off a CEL. It still wouldn't be CARB approved.