DamnSonnn

Big Bend
First Name
Lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So I have a Bronco Sport BB without the tow hook and I was wondering where a good spot would be for me to hook a tow strap if I were to ever get stuck in sand and needed to be pulled out. I don’t want to damage the plastic bumpers. And don’t really know what’s a solid part to hook on underneath the car.
Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm not familiar enough with that topic either, but I was assuming you would be able to use an eyebolt in the emergency tow hook slot or some aftermarket part in it.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
So I have a Bronco Sport BB without the tow hook and I was wondering where a good spot would be for me to hook a tow strap if I were to ever get stuck in sand and needed to be pulled out. I don’t want to damage the plastic bumpers. And don’t really know what’s a solid part to hook on underneath the car.
I also have a BS BB I have been pulled 2x already ( having fun with no off-road experience = trouble)

I have a trailer hitch so I got a large tow ring in the back .

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I'm not familiar enough with that topic either, but I was assuming you would be able to use an eyebolt in the emergency tow hook slot or some aftermarket part in it.
Where is the emergency tow hook slot ?

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Maybe the manual might say something? It may be too much page flipping for some.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Under the square covering on the front left and the back right. Ford sells parts but I have no clue what its rated use is for or what size it needs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HB9L7I2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_NFECBFBJVZQ4NF7S7XGZ
I would like to have same just in case but Levittown Ford Parts says that part# does not fit BS. Someone on the Amazon site said a dealer said it does fit BS but that’s not good enough for me to risk the hassel of being wrong.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
174954a for the front and 17a954b for the rear. The description for the rear is "with rear tow shooks. They look different that that one. Try seeing if Levittown gives you a full part number with these base part numbers.

Ford Bronco Sport Where should I hook a tow strap? Screenshot_20210606-163137_Firefox

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The owners maual says:
Towing Points (If Equipped)
Your vehicle comes equipped with fixed front recovery hooks.
More info is in the owners manual, read it.

I believe only the Badlands and First Edition models have factory tow hooks.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
The tow hook emergency slot came up on another thread. But this seemed to be a better place to post my question. I have the spot on the back that is probably for a tow hook. There is nothing on the front. Yes, I saw the owners manual that says vehicle comes with fixed front recovery hooks. I have an Outer Banks, so I know it did not come with the front tow hooks. So what tow hooks is the manual referring to? Am I to assume there are hooks way under the vehicle? I did not crawl underneath, but as far as I can reach, I felt nothing that felt like an attachment point. And I could not find a tow hook with the spare tire. I have a December 2020 build. I have the factory tow package.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
The tow hook emergency slot came up on another thread. But this seemed to be a better place to post my question. I have the spot on the back that is probably for a tow hook. There is nothing on the front. Yes, I saw the owners manual that says vehicle comes with fixed front recovery hooks. I have an Outer Banks, so I know it did not come with the front tow hooks. So what tow hooks is the manual referring to? Am I to assume there are hooks way under the vehicle? I did not crawl underneath, but as far as I can reach, I felt nothing that felt like an attachment point. And I could not find a tow hook with the spare tire. I have a December 2020 build. I have the factory tow package.
I have a 22 OB with factory tow pkg. There is a cut out on the bumper right side just above the reflector. Manual says it can be popped out to reveal tow eye insertion point.
HOWEVER, factory tow package covers that point. I looked under and in front of receiver crossbar & didn’t see attachment point. There is a hole next to bumper bracket where there may be a welded nut or bracket attached if you don’t have factory tow.
Harbor Freight had several different receiver inserts (capacity’s) with loops an them.
Saw on another thread adding hooks on non-badlands is quite a project and if I recall correctly not as strong as factory installation.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have a 22 OB with factory tow pkg. There is a cut out on the bumper right side just above the reflector. Manual says it can be popped out to reveal tow eye insertion point.
HOWEVER, factory tow package covers that point. I looked under and in front of receiver crossbar & didn’t see attachment point. There is a hole next to bumper bracket where there may be a welded nut or bracket attached if you don’t have factory tow.
Harbor Freight had several different receiver inserts (capacity’s) with loops an them.
Saw on another thread adding hooks on non-badlands is quite a project and if I recall correctly not as strong as factory installation.
Thanks. I was just curious if there was a way to pull the sport onto a rollback from the front if needed. (Besides hooking to the frame) My Subaru had the screw in tow hook on the front and back. The front came in handy when we had to tow it out of the garage.
Sponsored