txbronc

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx-9
So looking at 235/65 options for 17"s. Looks like it will cost between $500 and $1000 depending on the brand. Those Falken Wildpeaks are looking like good options at just above $500
Sponsored

Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
I have Wildpeaks on my 4Runner right now, and I agree that they are great in the rain, as well as relatively quiet on the road at highway speeds.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Wonder if the BL "steelie" wheel can fit 245/65/17 on it (without any mods)...

Also: according to that screenshot, Full size spare tire is standard on BL then? Where did I read that it was only included with the two package?

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Wonder if the BL "steelie" wheel can fit 245/65/17 on it (without any mods)...
The factory spec sheet does not list the Bronco Sport wheel width, so using the tire size wheel range will give you an idea:. The Badlands optional tire size is 235/65R17, but you said you want to use a 245/65R17, most likely they will both fit the stock wheel as the ranges overlap. So as long as the factory wheel is 7" you are good. However, since the tire diameter is larger you will have to check for rub and speedometer calibration.

Optional Badlands Off-Road Tire
235/65R17
Diameter : 29.0"
Width : 9.3"
Wheel : 17" x 6.5-8.5"
https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/235-65R17.htm

@Washburn alternate size
245/65R17
Diameter : 29.5"
Width : 9.6"
Wheel : 17" x 7-8.5"
https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/245-65R17.htm

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys - 245/65/17 would look really nice on the B/Sport.
+0.5" would hopefully not rub with stock suspension.....

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Not right away. Just the optional AT tires which I truly hope are Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I do like the look of the 1" lift and 31s though.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I just found this post... sorry for being late to the party... the Scorpion's sound great. 50,000 mile warranty sounds good too. Here's the literature on that specific tire. Am I missing something in being okay with these tires... not a combative question by the way, genuinely curious. You all have a vast knowledge on tires, but for the first timer, are we getting screwed at the drive through... doesn't seem like it.

"The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is an all-terrain tire developed for the North American market that combines Pirelli’s advanced compound technologies with an aggressive all-terrain tire. This a big upgrade from the previous Scorpion ATR and provides the light truck and SUV owner with a durable, high traction, balanced experience. The Scorpion All Terrain Plus offers a great looking tire that is optimized for traction and wear as well as low noise and winter weather conditions.

The 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus has a diameter of 28.5", a width of 9", mounts on a 17" rim and has 729 revolutions per mile. It weighs 29 lbs, has a max load of 1874 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 51 psi, a tread depth of 13/32" and should be used on a rim width of 6-8"."

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I just found this post... sorry for being late to the party... the Scorpion's sound great. 50,000 mile warranty sounds good too. Here's the literature on that specific tire. Am I missing something in being okay with these tires... not a combative question by the way, genuinely curious. You all have a vast knowledge on tires, but for the first timer, are we getting screwed at the drive through... doesn't seem like it.

"The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is an all-terrain tire developed for the North American market that combines Pirelli’s advanced compound technologies with an aggressive all-terrain tire. This a big upgrade from the previous Scorpion ATR and provides the light truck and SUV owner with a durable, high traction, balanced experience. The Scorpion All Terrain Plus offers a great looking tire that is optimized for traction and wear as well as low noise and winter weather conditions.

The 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus has a diameter of 28.5", a width of 9", mounts on a 17" rim and has 729 revolutions per mile. It weighs 29 lbs, has a max load of 1874 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 51 psi, a tread depth of 13/32" and should be used on a rim width of 6-8"."
I never believe any glowing marketing words companies write, instead I look for user surveys such as this one at Tire Rack (Sort by your criteria, Comfort, Off-Road, etc.):
Tirerack Customer Tire Reviews - A/T 245/70R17

That is where I noticed the Pirelli Scorpion when I was writing this thread as it seemed to score pretty well:
Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know the WIDTH of the BL 17" wheel? (I am assuming both styles have same width)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve seen both. I believe the build and price site still says both. The tow package says it includes full size spare and it also says BL has full size spare as standard. I’m now assuming it is standard
I cannot remember where I should post this (feel free to move).

I finally stopped by my dealer today. They have been fiddling with the Ford rep for a week trying to figure out some of the confusion caused by differences between the configurator that we see and the ordering system that they see. In particular the weird thing we have all noticed on the BL+BL with the fake steelies and the 235/65R17 A/T tires... how it seems to cost $300 if you just pick the wheel and it says with the A/T tire included OR it costs $495 for the tire (and the wheel is included).

He said that the configurator is wrong and that their system is showing that if you want both, the combination is $795.

Not great news but maybe makes sense. It seems that they have a rules problem in the configurator. (again, i have sympathy cuz I worked on the configurator for the Boeing 777 and it was a nightmare to validate).
Sponsored