What PSI are you running your KO2s at ??

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
DT said 38-40…. But wanted to check here for experiences
Thanks
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is what they told me since I forgot to ask the shop while I was in. Mine are currently at 40 PSI but probably going to air down.

Ford Bronco Sport What PSI are you running your KO2s at ?? Screenshot_20230618_121631_Chrome

BroncoBR

Base
First Name
GERSON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrack
I use 35 PSI on my 33” (285/70 R17”) BFG. I drive it mainly on paved roads.

OP
OP

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
thanks, i think 35 cold makes the most sense... I check the TMPS and I was 40/41 on the highway today headed to the mountains

BroncoBR

Base
First Name
GERSON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrack
Can you share a picture of those tires? And did you trim to fit them?
I use 35 PSI on my 33” (285/70 R17”) BFG. I drive it mainly on paved roads.
Sorry, I’ve posted an old pic of my other rig. During the week I’ll send you the right one. The tires are the same measure, by the way. I did no changes, only trimmed the front fender a bit with a Dremel tool.

BroSpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have experimented with a wide variety of pressures over the years on KO2s. Between Jeep Wranglers (of a few different generations) and other trucks I regard KO2s as best for my needs (most often 33s and 35s). In general, I favor lower pressures since it can safely handle it (and a big benefit of going with such a tire!). Note the actual load ratings vary by size.

Anyhow, with KO2s on my BS BL I have settled in at 28 PSI cold. In my driving conditions that yields about 31 PSI warm. I also changed my TPM low threshold to 28 PSI (with FORSCAN). Keep in mind the difference between indicated and actual pressure. On my rig, I see optimistic readings about one PSI high compared to a couple good quality gauges. Good enough, but that means I sometimes see 27 PSI indicated...

The difference in ride quality is very noticeable. I live in a remote area with about nine miles of dirt to my house. I find that pressure handles ruts and poor conditions very well. I also find it just fine for road use. Few things affect ride quality more than tire selection and pressure. This also means I don't typically air-down for even more extreme off-road use. This is the right balance of preserving clearance and managing traction for me.

Keep in mind the KO2s in 245/65/17 are D load rated (a big load increase rating over any stock tire). They seem to handle the lower pressure very well, and I don't see a big difference in observed fuel economy. To give you an idea, my mixed driving of dirt roads and some highway leaves me with about 23 MPG as a long-term average. I have about 11 thousand miles of data on my BS BL with KO2s. I've done one tire rotation and tire wear is very even.

Also note the Ford recommendation for tire pressure is specific to the tire. An OEM will always recommend the best pressure for fuel economy and safety, but there is plenty of room to experiment safely here.

Higher pressures work fine for road work, but even there I think it negatively affects ride quality. If you have not, experimented with lower pressures. You might be pleasantly surprised. Don't let your stock TPM thresholds dictate what you run on KO2s.

OP
OP

LBinWNC

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 BS
I have experimented with a wide variety of pressures over the years on KO2s. Between Jeep Wranglers (of a few different generations) and other trucks I regard KO2s as best for my needs (most often 33s and 35s). In general, I favor lower pressures since it can safely handle it (and a big benefit of going with such a tire!). Note the actual load ratings vary by size.

Anyhow, with KO2s on my BS BL I have settled in at 28 PSI cold. In my driving conditions that yields about 31 PSI warm. I also changed my TPM low threshold to 28 PSI (with FORSCAN). Keep in mind the difference between indicated and actual pressure. On my rig, I see optimistic readings about one PSI high compared to a couple good quality gauges. Good enough, but that means I sometimes see 27 PSI indicated...

The difference in ride quality is very noticeable. I live in a remote area with about nine miles of dirt to my house. I find that pressure handles ruts and poor conditions very well. I also find it just fine for road use. Few things affect ride quality more than tire selection and pressure. This also means I don't typically air-down for even more extreme off-road use. This is the right balance of preserving clearance and managing traction for me.

Keep in mind the KO2s in 245/65/17 are D load rated (a big load increase rating over any stock tire). They seem to handle the lower pressure very well, and I don't see a big difference in observed fuel economy. To give you an idea, my mixed driving of dirt roads and some highway leaves me with about 23 MPG as a long-term average. I have about 11 thousand miles of data on my BS BL with KO2s. I've done one tire rotation and tire wear is very even.

Also note the Ford recommendation for tire pressure is specific to the tire. An OEM will always recommend the best pressure for fuel economy and safety, but there is plenty of room to experiment safely here.

Higher pressures work fine for road work, but even there I think it negatively affects ride quality. If you have not, experimented with lower pressures. You might be pleasantly surprised. Don't let your stock TPM thresholds dictate what you run on KO2s.
thanks for the great info!

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I replaced my OEM Falken Wildpeak AT3s at 8k and went with 245/65 KO2s at Discount Tire. On the way home it bounced like a log wagon withe the pressure at 40psi. I lowered to 36, then 33 and now run at 31/32. Rotate every 5k and now with 30k, no obvious wear or pattern.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Tiresize.com offers a calculator to determine tire pressure for different size/type/style tires based on vehicle weight and manufacturer recommended pressure for OEM tires. Enter the OEM info, then enter the new tire size/type and the calculator will return a suggested tire pressure to maintain OEM specs for max vehicle weight and handling qualities. You can access the calculator here:

https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/
Sponsored