thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
FWIW, I have yet to be stuck behind another BS. And yes, I'm going to ignore sample size and numbers on the roads.
I saw two on my way home from work the other day, it was rather a treat. There was a black base model and I think an A51 OBX.
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Whenever I got stuck behind a car during my commute through the mid-2010s, it was always a Prius. Now it's almost always a Subaru. A stupid, slow Subaru. If it weren't for parking lots, I'd never know what the front of a Subaru looks like.

My only guess is that all the previous owners of Prii "upgraded" to Subaru for their AWD, or to shop at more rugged shopping malls or something.

FWIW, I have yet to be stuck behind another BS. And yes, I'm going to ignore sample size and numbers on the roads.
Sometime ago I was following my sister and BIL up to Steamboat while they were driving their Crosstrek. I thought my BIL was fucking with me because he’d be fine going down a hill but anytime going back up one he was going so slow it genuinely was strange, like what’s going on.

Turns out there was nothing he could do, due to it having my favorite transmission and that engine. He had no choice but to crawl back uphill.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We considered Subaru for all the usual reasons people talk about but couldn’t get over how slow and boring they are.

Plus I guess we’re just Ford people at this point. Whenever we’ve had a rental car, my wife has always been happy to get back into our Ford.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
When I was comparing the Subaru and the bronco sport the Subaru had some stuff on it called you couldn't work on it yourself you had to take it to a shop also there was a 15 or $20 monthly fee on the keychain for unlocking your car and remoting starting at a subscription plan I believe they called it that didn't appeal to me at all if Ford has not done this yet hope they never do it. When all the other car dealerships start doing it Ford would be able to get a lot more sales. Just to say I ordered a bronco sport badland and still waiting in the fourth month but hopefully I'll hear something sometime

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
We considered Subaru for all the usual reasons people talk about but couldn’t get over how slow and boring they are.

Plus I guess we’re just Ford people at this point. Whenever we’ve had a rental car, my wife has always been happy to get back into our Ford.
Me to after looking at the Subaru models I decided to stay with the Ford bronco sport just for the reason it's cheaper better going and it doesn't have the possibility of having future subscriptions on it good going Ford keep it up

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Can confirm. I have a 2014 Crosstrek XV that I’m replacing with a Bronco Sport.

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can confirm. I have a 2014 Crosstrek XV that I’m replacing with a Bronco Sport.
We have the same upgrade path! I loved my subie and it retained its value well. Got 17k on carvana for it! You’ll love the extra cargo space.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The cvt is also shit on an incline or off-road. Listen to videos of these things screaming in videos trying to go slow af up small obstacles. Plus they overheat easy because of the trans. Cvt is an eco box setup and that’s it. It’s not meant for anything past daily driving.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I was looking at a few vehicles before deciding on BS. Crosstrek wasn't one go them. It's expensive and a bit mundane.
Impreza wagon, Mazda 3 or cx3, Kia seltos, Hyundai Kona and Elantra GT, VW alltrack or sportwagen
I'll probably never see off -road and don't really need awd. I do like practical hatchbacks that look stylish, though. Bronco sport makes a lot of sense even if you don't off road.

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
We have the same upgrade path! I loved my subie and it retained its value well. Got 17k on carvana for it! You’ll love the extra cargo space.
Nice. I’m going to get a Carmax quote and then see what the dealer will give me.

Lots of Crosstrek hate on here but I love the thing. I paid $22k for a base model in 2014 (why are people saying they’re expensive?)

115k miles and no major issues. It’s handled offroad extremely well.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’d say the Outback wilderness. What I cross shopped. But the cvt is shit. Also 10k more than a crosstrek. The Outback wilderness is 40k
Ford will over the next few years raise the Bronco Sport price right on up to $40k you all just watch.
All that the market will stand for.
This Is The Way.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
And what's amazing is how Subaru markets the boxer engine like it's something special.
Almost bought one the year the Boxer became thee engine.
Then I drove one.
That stopped us cold.
Then the CVT, that’s just not what a vehicle is suppose to feel like.
Cvt my ass. What were they thinking.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Almost bought one the year the Boxer became thee engine.
Then I drove one.
That stopped us cold.
The Boxer-type engine is an innovative design choice. For going off road you want ground clearance, but that pushes the center of gravity higher, which adversely affects handling and stability, not to mention the effect greater wind drag has on fuel economy. The Boxer engine allows you to keep the weight down lower while still providing ground clearance. It really is a neat idea. But as you note, Boxer engines take getting used to, and Subaru was never able to figure out how to capitalize on the lower vehicle profile to boost fuel mileage.

Then the CVT, that’s just not what a vehicle is suppose to feel like.
Cvt my ass. What were they thinking.
No comment.
Sponsored