What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
So that’s a loaded question and I’m sure my answer might open a can of worms and opinions.
I’m sure that the amount of credit, if any, is subject to many factors (location, type of tire, # of miles on tires, etc). Now with that said I feel like I should have tried to get more for mine since they were basically brand new Pirellis with only 500 miles on them. In the end they gave me 30 for each including the spare so $150 total plus since they are not being disposed of they didn’t charge me the disposal fee which I know isn’t much. For me it meant that I got something for them and I didn’t have to try and sell them myself.
The local Discount Tire store that put on my spare would not take my Pirelli spare. They said it had no value. I was ok with it as they gave me a great deal considering I only bought one tire. So…….I’ve got a spare for my spare now!
Sponsored

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
The local Discount Tire store that put on my spare would not take my Pirelli spare. They said it had no value. I was ok with it as they gave me a great deal considering I only bought one tire. So…….I’ve got a spare for my spare now!
Yeah to be honest I was surprised that they did give me what they did for them since I’ve read it’s hit or miss. In the end they’ve earned a customer who will comeback the next time I need tires. Or maybe when I find the right sort of wheels for the ride.

UncleRenty

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2021 Tesla MYLR
So that’s a loaded question and I’m sure my answer might open a can of worms and opinions.
I’m sure that the amount of credit, if any, is subject to many factors (location, type of tire, # of miles on tires, etc). Now with that said I feel like I should have tried to get more for mine since they were basically brand new Pirellis with only 500 miles on them. In the end they gave me 30 for each including the spare so $150 total plus since they are not being disposed of they didn’t charge me the disposal fee which I know isn’t much. For me it meant that I got something for them and I didn’t have to try and sell them myself.
That is kind of what I heard from others. I have like 700 miles on mine and I have heard some in the range of $30-50/tire which is pretty helpful. What size did you end up going with and I assume you are replacing the full size spare with the same then.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
That is kind of what I heard from others. I have like 700 miles on mine and I have heard some in the range of $30-50/tire which is pretty helpful. What size did you end up going with and I assume you are replacing the full size spare with the same then.
Yes on replacing the full size spare with the same. I went with the 235s. I looked at the 245s but someone else said it wouldn’t fit in the spare tire area.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes on replacing the full size spare with the same. I went with the 235s. I looked at the 245s but someone else said it wouldn’t fit in the spare tire area.
235’s fit without issue, 245’s the insulation in the spare tire wheel well needs to be removed.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't tear mine up yet, but I am undecided what to do. After a year of using the factory Nav, I'm a little over it and ready to go back to my Garmin GPS. I don't want to pay for cel data so CarPlay isn't an option for me.

This is my previous mount. The GPS has this dock and I just fixed the mount to the dash with that 3M tape. The dock will pop onto any ball mount like that, I think it is 17mm. Very solid, but it did require a lot of wiring to get the wire into the dash. The Garmin uses a custom cable that goes from a 12v to a mini USB. It looks like there is a lot of space back there to run a cable down to the fuse panel and I can put a 12v outlet someplace. I have to locate a different ball adapter or just go ahead and stick this one to the Bronco dash. I was thinking the same as you, sandwich it to the cover.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_20221030_122354245
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_20221030_122401434
Looks like either of the Ram standard bases will work fine mounting to that trim piece. I like the look of the Diamond shape better than the round one. I’ll look to see how easy it is run the wire up. I have the traffic module on my wire so I’ll still plug it into the 12v cigarette lighter outlet.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just installed same mud flaps but I couldn’t resist coloring in the embossed lettering to make them stand out more. Look’s especially good against my black and white OBX. :sunglasses:
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B03F5FD8-7779-4415-9115-D1C06961396D
I was going to paint mine. Did you use reflective paint? Or do you have a paint suggestion?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Looks like either of the Ram standard bases will work fine mounting to that trim piece. I like the look of the Diamond shape better than the round one. I’ll look to see how easy it is run the wire up. I have the traffic module on my wire so I’ll still plug it into the 12v cigarette lighter outlet.
Yeah, mine uses the same traffic receiver cable. If you're brave, you could cut off the 12v plug and just wire it to 12v. But since the darn cable is so pricey and hard to come by, I think it is better to just keep it intact. I don't want to dedicate my existing 12v plug to it. What I did in my last ride, I added a 12v plug under the console. The Garmin cable went through the dash and plugged in out of sight. You can buy sockets or an "extension cord" for a 12v and cut that, leaving a wired female outlet.

If I am going to make use of that area for mounts, I am going to double up because it's past time to invest in a dash cam for this world. At that point I may as well add USB outlets up there too, heh.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, mine uses the same traffic receiver cable. If you're brave, you could cut off the 12v plug and just wire it to 12v. But since the darn cable is so pricey and hard to come by, I think it is better to just keep it intact. I don't want to dedicate my existing 12v plug to it. What I did in my last ride, I added a 12v plug under the console. The Garmin cable went through the dash and plugged in out of sight. You can buy sockets or an "extension cord" for a 12v and cut that, leaving a wired female outlet.

If I am going to make use of that area for mounts, I am going to double up because it's past time to invest in a dash cam for this world. At that point I may as well add USB outlets up there too, heh.
Good idea regarding the extension. I forgot that I have one from my motorcycle. I used my Garmin cable from that.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris