What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
OK test fitting the stuff we all want to slam on top of our cages and crossbars and then complain about a loss of 2-3 mpg/s hahaha

But hey it looks cool...lol

My recovery boards and an old, all-weather gun case I decided to be used as a poor mans ROAM case... just need to place my awning kit and some other tools that will get dirty and better placed outside of the Bronco...

This case is a generic one so attachment will be nothing fancy... a mix of U-bolts and ratchet straps... no t-bolts... that's for fancy people...heheheh

Doing my best to keep the cool factor and the aerodynamic factors...balanced here : )

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7126

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7128

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_7129
what case is that up top, and is it weatherproof?

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Given all the reports of noisy brakes and horrible brake dust buildup, I decided I would do a pre-emptive strike and just replace them right out of the box. I purchased PowerStop pads from Rock Auto which came to a total of $111. I will be working on the BS when it comes anyway installing the lift and probably new wheels/tires, so replacing brake pads shouldn't add more than an hour to everything I'm doing.
Smart move. The brake dust from the front pads does seem somewhat excessive, although I had a 2015 Mustang GT with the Brembo’s that was way worse. I haven’t experienced the brake noise that others have, but I like your way of thinking!

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
what case is that up top, and is it weatherproof?
It’s an old Plano all weather case for a rifle… not as robust as say a Pelican or those ROAM cases… but also not costing hundreds more either !
This case cost about $100 and does have a gasket around the lid … you could also check out harbor freight and their Apache cases. Similarly priced .

mines being used to hold parts for an awning and other recovery items I don’t want inside my vehicle

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 968BAF53-46BC-4651-926D-D7CC0C08415A

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 3E284646-F661-402D-B83A-58125635CA2B

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? AA2378C8-C4C6-4CB9-A58B-4D0A3BB6C442

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Given all the reports of noisy brakes and horrible brake dust buildup, I decided I would do a pre-emptive strike and just replace them right out of the box. I purchased PowerStop pads from Rock Auto which came to a total of $111. I will be working on the BS when it comes anyway installing the lift and probably new wheels/tires, so replacing brake pads shouldn't add more than an hour to everything I'm doing.
I haven’t seen any issues with dust, but I do have the fog horn when backing up in the morning or evening. I prefer that to the “ding -ding” warning bell on other trucks when backing up. :cool:

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
It’s an old Plano all weather case for a rifle… not as robust as say a Pelican or those ROAM cases… but also not costing hundreds more either !
This case cost about $100 and does have a gasket around the lid … you could also check out harbor freight and their Apache cases. Similarly priced .

mines being used to hold parts for an awning and other recovery items I don’t want inside my vehicle

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 968BAF53-46BC-4651-926D-D7CC0C08415A

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 3E284646-F661-402D-B83A-58125635CA2B

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? AA2378C8-C4C6-4CB9-A58B-4D0A3BB6C442
What roof rack is this? I like the way it looks. Wonder if it could be mounted a little closer to the stock side rails though.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Looks nice! I can't tell...what size are they?

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
wiring in curt trailer harness
directions call for drill and self tap ground screw
really dislike overhead drilling
even with safety goggles
caught steel in the eye twice
so we look for options
spot the 10mm screw holding muffler
might do the job
decided to ground at the driver side rear light
stud and nut looked like steel
went for it
advantage: shielded from elements
seems like all trailer lighting fails for me have been ground related
power cord videos say underneath route
I'll do an exploratory roof liner run to "A" pillar
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1662234542280
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1662234654190

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think you’ll find running a power lead along the passenger side headliner to be very easy. You can stuff wire behind trim pieces with a trim tool. Down the A-pillar and behind the rubber seal around the door opening puts you right at the cabin fuse panel.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks
always appreciate the input
takes the apprehension level down to acceptable

map light/ eyeglass holder trim removal experience
if so
easy?
prepping for cab clearance lighting
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1662243062190

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
What roof rack is this? I like the way it looks. Wonder if it could be mounted a little closer to the stock side rails though.
This is one from the depths of Amazon... listed as the MPH cargo box... comes in 2 lengths but the width is fixed. I suppose you could McGuyver it, but might be too much hassle.

Can't beat the price for sure... $155/$209 dependent on size you go with. I purchased the larger one but felt it looked too bulky so just took the extension off... and left rear open to longer items.

Its well made. but issues with pre-mature oxidation have been observed so I simply sprayed the whole assembled rack with some plastic dip in my case. Also where the integrated faring meet the front its tack welded and prone to rattling at freeway speeds. The fix is to run aline of caulking to seal the edges and prevent the noises.

https://www.amazon.com/MPH-Production-Universal-Luggage-Traveling/dp/B08VRTKKWR/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1TGKML3JZHEGT&keywords=mph+roof+rack&qid=1662247716&sprefix=mph,aps,115&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
wiring in curt trailer harness
directions call for drill and self tap ground screw
really dislike overhead drilling
even with safety goggles
caught steel in the eye twice
so we look for options
spot the 10mm screw holding muffler
might do the job
decided to ground at the driver side rear light
stud and nut looked like steel
went for it
advantage: shielded from elements
seems like all trailer lighting fails for me have been ground related
power cord videos say underneath route
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1662234542280
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1662234654190
Just make sure it is really grounded. A poor ground is the Bain of most trailer conversion box failures.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just make sure it is really grounded. A poor ground is the Bain of most trailer conversion box failures.
Wise advice
will be putting on the to do list
voltmeter test battery pole to pole
expect 13 plus
volt meter test pos + pole to ground stud
hope for the same read 13+
Sponsored