What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
Glad they stuck to their original quote. At least the work was done to a high standard. Even with all the interior trim pieces they had to remove to run the wiring, everything was properly snapped back together.

The service advisor was astounded that Ford didn't make the wiring harness plug-and-play as they apparently do with their trucks. I guess the assumption is that you either will never tow, or, if you plan on doing so, you'll order the kit from the factory (which is a downright bargain).

I am going to start snooping around for a tow package-specific bumper like yours.
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Took it out on a trail, my first time out ever. Nemadji State Forest in MN. Met up with a Bronco owner, Julz670 on Bronco6g. He has a 2021 Black Diamond 2-dr, mid package, 2.3L A51. Me, Bronco Sport Big Bend. Started out about -10 degrees but warmed up to a balmy 1 degree. Did not want to get stuck and have to dig out in the cold.

First trail Park Forest Road, was plowed for logging truck use. So it was pretty much a gravel road covered in some snow. Nice little trip though through the forest.

Uploading video is not working for me, I'll have to come back and edit in a youtube link (short clip of the trail (sorry no gopro, handheld camera)). Good trail for me being a beginner. ?

Second trail Net Lake Road. Was unplowed but packed down from other riders, one lane. Had some ruts, if you stayed on the traveled path you were good, but if you strayed offline chances are I'd get probably stuck. I was in Sand mode, kept the revs around 3K the whole time. Not many places to turn around, I didn't want to chance the deep snow. Came upon a Y in the road figured it was our only place to turn around. The big Bronco made light work of it. I was nervous, did about a 5 point turn, I was impressed with the Sport, made it through. I'm learning, was a good time for my first time out.

These pics are from the first trail Park Forest Road, plowed.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco5

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco6

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco7

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco4

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco2

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? bronco1

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Took it out on a trail, my first time out ever. Nemadji State Forest in MN. Met up with a Bronco owner, Julz670 on Bronco6g. He has a 2021 Black Diamond 2-dr, mid package, manual 2.3L A51. Me, Bronco Sport Big Bend. Started out about -10 degrees but warmed up to a balmy 1 degree. Did not want to get stuck and have to dig out in the cold.

First trail Park Forest Road, was plowed for logging truck use. So it was pretty much a gravel road covered in some snow. Nice little trip though through the forest.

Uploading video is not working for me, I'll have to come back and edit in a youtube link (short clip of the trail (sorry no gopro, handheld camera)). Good trail for me being a beginner. ?

Second trail Net Lake Road. Was unplowed but packed down from other riders, one lane. Had some ruts, if you stayed on the traveled path you were good, but if you strayed offline chances are I'd get probably stuck. I was in Sand mode, kept the revs around 3K the whole time. Not many places to turn around, I didn't want to chance the deep snow. Came upon a Y in the road figured it was our only place to turn around. The big Bronco made light work of it. I was nervous, did about a 5 point turn, I was impressed with the Sport, made it through. I'm learning, was a good time for my first time out.

awesome pics!

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
awesome pics!
Thanks. I'm still trying to put together some video, I'll end up adding youtube links. Julz670 from Bronco6g also has some pics and vid. He hasn't posted over there yet.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Took it out on a trail, my first time out ever. Nemadji State Forest in MN. Met up with a Bronco owner, Julz670 on Bronco6g. He has a 2021 Black Diamond 2-dr, mid package, 2.3L A51. Me, Bronco Sport Big Bend. Started out about -10 degrees but warmed up to a balmy 1 degree. Did not want to get stuck and have to dig out in the cold.

Here are links to video of our trip.

@Julz670 on Bronco6g, head to page 41 post 611 for his vid.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ok-who-are-the-mn-future-bronco-owners.3794/page-41

Link to my youtube video on Net Lake Forest road. Sorry about the shaky video, I need to invest in a gopro.

Dinkers77

Badlands
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
2022 Badlands + PP

Installed Cross bars;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J153VQR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Tinted front windows to match the back ones

Purchased beefier tires.
ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2LT225 /65 R17 107S D1 BSW
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2/p/32070?forceSetStore=true&storeName=1946&gclid=Cj0KCQiArt6PBhCoARIsAMF5wahFXfWe0Wa0hlQSjNx8ELMaTiv3YpKcq4Za6cB9p8qKE_YUtqPU9I8aAuLIEALw_wcB

Installed mud-flaps (not on in pics)

She is ready to get dirty!

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20220126_162946~2

Last edited:

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Installed the rally innovations front skid plate, so I don't get a root going into the radiator. Installation is super quick and simple. The fit in the front against the bumper could be better, but I'm happy with it so far...

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20220205_175416822
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20220205_173827579

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I am going to start snooping around for a tow package-specific bumper.
I found a used one on E Bay at half the cost of new. The sale ad said make an offer so I did & got it for less & the seller was only a few hours away from us so we picked it up & saved on shipping.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 100_1840.JPG

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Our BS/BB got its first oil change & tire rotation today @ 4900 miles.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
You could of been upfront, tire with is different and it's taller, probably just made it harder for baby bronco.
Are you referring to my BS having Falken AT3W's 245? Good point, I imagine it actually helped me get through the deeper snow, with the tread an all. Hard to say how the stock Continentals would have fared. I've mentioned my change in tires so often out here I forgot to mention it on this ride.

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
I found a used one on E Bay at half the cost of new. The sale ad said make an offer so I did & got it for less & the seller was only a few hours away from us so we picked it up & saved on shipping.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 100_1840.JPG
Nice buy!
Sponsored