Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I rebuilt it in my parents carport on a Friday to Saturday mid morning timeframe, went to bed, woke up Sunday morning and drove to New Smyrna Beach for the day.
Had a good friend (no longer with us) who used to rebuild Beetles as an avocation. He got so good at it people started bringing theirs to him for help. He eventually quit his primary job and rebuilt Beetles full-time. On day I visited him in his shop to "help" (to be clear, the only thing I helped with was recycling "old" beer out of his fridge).

He was one of those guys who worked best amidst chaos; his shop looked like a tornado had arranged it. You had to be careful walking through because of the tripping/slipping danger, not to mention the falling/smacking-hour-head on something dangers as well.

I noticed a fairly large mound of stuff near the latest project, and asked if that was a pile old parts to be discarded. "No," he replied, "that's the left-over parts pile. I never make it through a job without leftover parts. After about 10 or so rebuilds I have enough to build an entire car from scratch!"

leftbehindmtb

Big Bend
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm on the East Coast in the western part of the Carolinas, really close to the Appalachian Mountains which has so many MTB options to ride. Everywhere you turn there are trails.

I really like Fezzari bikes they look aggressive, never ridden one though, how do you like it?
Love it, loads of fun.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Camping, biking, boardgames, chickens, and I'm a relatively newly-licensed HAM (technician).
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? IMG_1505
Will we see a big whip antenna on that BS soon? You could be the first BS owner with it!

nilihanth

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Sport, '95 F-250 4x4
Will we see a big whip antenna on that BS soon? You could be the first BS owner with it!
Best I could do is my 2m/70cm quarter-wave magnetic antenna. The BS is my wife's daily driver so I'm not going to be mounting any mobile transceiver or antenna to it. At least not permanently ;)

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Anything car and yard work based. Like to spend time out doors.
In Florida. I see a tourist sunburn in you future.
:sun:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Best I could do is my 2m/70cm quarter-wave magnetic antenna. The BS is my wife's daily driver so I'm not going to be mounting any mobile transceiver or antenna to it. At least not permanently ;)
you've visited this link perhaps
https://hamstudy.org/
if not
it'll get you a general licketysplit

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? PXL_20230408_204321393~3
There are a lot of hobbies id love to get into, but work hours and finances have stopped me from starting any of them. In the meantime, I met my wife playing games online, moved her down from Virginia to Florida so we could play games online in person or on the couch split-screen. Basically spend whatever two hours i have between work and bed playing games with her or watching random stuff on streaming.

Every few weeks or so I have a couple friends over and we keep cranking on the 1969 VW Beetle we are building to do light off-road and beach stuff to pair with the Sport. Beer, pizza, and 8 or so hours wondering what the previous owners did and what shenanigans we can pull to fix it or make it better, but its always a fun time.
I owned one of these "Baja Bugs" in 1980. It also was blue. The pads on the rear fender were required because the front tires sand blasted the paint there. Traded it on a Subaru which I have regretted for 40 years!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
In Florida. I see a tourist sunburn in you future.
:sun:
I get a good burn to tan every year. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful and glow.

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
More like radioactive.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I do some mountain biking, my classic car (69 Mustang), woodworking (indoor & outdoor furniture), & my wife likes to read & ride her motorcycle, of course not at the same time.
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 100_1932.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 100_2080.JPG

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Action Pistol shooting for past 30 years. One of the earliest members of USPSA. In the past few years, switched to IDPA.I've been a Chief Range Safety Officer and Instructor for past 15 years. Recent comment from another competitor, "You're not quite as fast as you used to be....but I still wouldn't want you shooting at me."
Considering I just turned 80, I'll take that as a compliment.

Last edited:

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
My oldest sons first car was a 64 bug with the 1200 cc motor. Driving it to and from UTI every day on California freeways at 65mph eventually took its toll on it. I had bought a 73 Pontiac Le Mans Sport that the motor needed a rebuild so when the bug died, he did the engine work along with my late good friend Paul Lukens (RIP, Paul). This became his pride and joy. He sold the bug to one of his school mates. He regrets that to this day.
I enjoy photography.
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? IMG_20211212_0700378
Sponsored

Last edited: