CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mainly just curious what every one likes to do in their free time. Personally, I like to mountain bike but my current occupation really limits that to evening rides or weekend adventures. (Wish I could ride more but you know how it goes lol)

One of the main reasons I bought the BS is the ability to carry my bike in the cargo area without having it outside the car. Things like theft and weather are no longer a problem.

What does every one else do for fun? And has the Bronco Sport helped in any way?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m with you ! Mountain biking especially with the E-bike. Big fan of Specialized bikes. What kind of mountain bike do you have? Also do a lot of hiking, jet skiing, and various electronic project hobbies.
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 1683740627596

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Working on my OBX, my wife's Ecosport, and my Kymco X-Town 300i ABS scooter. I've been working on vehicles since I was 12. I can't leave anything stock, and am always changing things to make them faster, safer, more efficient, or just looking different than everybody else's. I also enjoy woodworking, gardening, and occasionally traveling.
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 100_6764.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 100_6356.JPG

OP
OP
CactusBS

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What kind of mountain bike do you have?
I really like specialized! I had a Rockhopper Comp 29er for a while, but upgraded to a Polygon Vander T7 a few years ago. Been loving the full squish life ever since!
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? IMG_4257

OP
OP
CactusBS

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can't leave anything stock, and am always changing things to make them faster, safer, more efficient, or just looking different than everybody else's. I also enjoy woodworking, gardening, and occasionally traveling.
I enjoy most of those as well! Cars and bikes are my passion, picked up mountain biking after a motorcycle accident since falling on dirt and trees seemed safer than pavement and cars lol. Before that I had modified just about every vehicle I've owned (Engine swapped WRX with a few things done to it, lifted Outback on All Terrains with a camp bed built into the back, and my motorcycle that I rebuilt after the previous owner wrecked it).

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Have bikes for some exercise. Rides in the development of homes here. Wide streets with little traffic in here even though we are metrowest Boston.

I have a 2004 Cannondale R700 (road) and 2006 Cannondale F2000 SL (hardtail mountain).

My wife has a 2007 Cannondale Rush 5 Land Rover Edition.

Couple of inexpensive hybrid bikes from Bikesdirect.com on OBX due to the beach salt air.

Have a couple of cars (<---) to take to car shows. Need to put a battery in the Moke and get it running and inspected. Hasn't been fired up since pre-pandemic. Getting the Moke running will be hopefully next week while my wife is on a business trip. Fingers crossed that it is cooperative. 🙂

Was collecting old cast iron cookware. Bought a collection for a fantastic price almost 15 years ago. Done collecting. I am cooking moderator for WAGS forum (Wagner and Griswold Society).

I cook a lot., as I am a chemist by education. Have a BBQ smoker. Started baking, too after I was done consulting and looking for something to occupy some time.

My wife and I are involved with three churches. My church, her church, and her former church. That and volunteering for a local ARC as needed keeps us busy.

Have a house here in MA and OBX. OBX house is a rental in season. House stuff keeps me occupied between upkeep on the rental, maintaining this house, and cutting splitting some wood for the winter. Swinging a maul to split wood is a great stress reliever. 🙂

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Road, Gravel, Mountain bike riding/racing. Try to get in 8-12 hours in a week of training or just getting in a nice mellow ride in. More than a hobby at this point, more of a lifestyle lol.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Everybody mountain bikes. I use to race back in the day. Used to ride a 100 miles several times a week. Not so much anymore. None of my bikes fit inside except taking off the front wheel and laying over.

Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? PXL_20221224_210405179

Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? PXL_20230324_233823026

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I feel out of place not mountain biking around here.

Besides the usual hunting and fishing which the bronco will help immensely with fuel mileage, I run a trap line all winter. Usually going after coyote, badger, bobcat, beaver, mink, muskrat, marten, and wolf. I'm also am old car nut. Have several old Firebirds, an Edsel, '36 Ford humpback, and a few others. I like to save history whenever possible so I like to restore and save stuff that usually goes to the scrap yard. Restored a few old cream separators, hammer mills, burr mills, combines, planters, etc. Mostly any old farm equipment I can get my hands on that I can save from scrap dealers at the auctions.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I’m with you ! Mountain biking especially with the E-bike. Big fan of Specialized bikes. What kind of mountain bike do you have? Also do a lot of hiking, jet skiing, and various electronic project hobbies.
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? 1683740627596
Nice rack!

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My only bicycle is a stationary one. However I recently got my first inflatable SUP. Need to get a spring wet suit for this area, but my southern CA home is near the beach.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I really like specialized! I had a Rockhopper Comp 29er for a while, but upgraded to a Polygon Vander T7 a few years ago. Been loving the full squish life ever since!
Ford Bronco Sport What are your hobbies? IMG_4257
The red bike in my pic is a Specialized Rockhopper 29 which I still love to ride but the Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0 Ebike is a nice ride too. Full suspension is the way to go depending on trails .. what area of the country are you in?
Sponsored