Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yea the rotary knob is about my only gripe as well.

Id also like a way to change radio channels on the steering wheel.
You have that. The |< and >| buttons on the lower right switch presets. You can specify the amount of preset screens in settings. Also the ((( voice button will accept verbal commands to change stations.
Sponsored

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
My daughter having commandeered it! The fart can't buy her own!

That aside, the rear legroom.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL

I think the track forward arrow on the steering wheel changes to the next preset if I'm not mistaken.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Bugs me that the hatch didn't have a powered open option. Also bugs me that it's sync 3 and not sync 4, plugging in your phone is a pain for every day driving and so I never do it unless I'm on a road trip. I wish the roof antenna was a bit more flush, I admit that I've already broken it once. The USB plug in the center console should tie into the sync system, or maybe one in the glove box to plug in a USB stick for an MP3 library. The Vehicle should come pre-wired for a hitch setup, usually it's pretty easy to just buy the hitch kit and plug into a harness in the rear, that is not there on the sport.

But the biggest thing that bugs me, why can't the car start in the goat mode that it was last set on? It's annoying to pop it into ecomode everyday for daily driving.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
For a vehicle supposedly oriented to outdoor enthusiasts, Ford really missed the mark in a number of areas, putting appearance ahead of function.
  • Rear seats not folding down completely flat and level enough for comfortable sleeping. Or allow the seat bottoms to be removed to make it level in back.
  • The roof rack design. Ford has long offered a choice of a roof rack or roof "channels". The channels are just low profile rails (1/2" high) that replace the roof rack and accept Yakima towers designed just to fit those channels. Then the towers accept the full range of Yakima crossbars and all Yakima mounts. When not in use towers/crossbars dismount from the channels and can be stored off the vehicle leaving a flat roof. The channel system is excellent for adjustability, load distribution, low profile, and general utility. I think Ford made a mistake when they broke compatibility with Yakima forcing the use of kludgy clamp-on crossbars.
  • The antenna location. Looks to be in the way when loading kayaks from the rear.
  • The tiny rear window. About half the size of the window on Escapes or 4Runners, then obstructed even further with the wiper mechanism in the way.
  • The rear license plate location on the bumper, just above the hitch. Any hitch rack or cargo carrier will block that license plate, risking a ticket. This means I need to add a license plate bracket to my hitch rack and figure a way to easily move the license plate there when needed. Looks like Ford moved it to the bumper to allow space on the liftgate for the "Bronco Sport"" logo.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
I HATE the shifter knob. I know it probably saves room, etc. etc., but I'd rather have a stick.
I keep backing up then jamming it in park accidentally when I turn it the wrong way. Do NOT like it but am getting used to it. And, I understand it gives a lot of room where the stick would be.(the stick would only be an electric toggle anywayā€¦)

my only other thing is the inner fenders are felt and the wife already tore one out hitting snow/ice block. Once out I saw how big the fender wells are!!! If ford (motor sports division??) made some plastic liners that were not milder to the tire size and actually were up in the fender well more, pretty sure I could get 31ā€™s on it!
mothers than thatā€¦ pretty much love it on the road and am blown away off road with its capabilities!

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Just small things they did to reduce costs. My BB only has one touch down driver side window. I wish it could do down and up. I have to scan my badge every time I go in and out of the garage at work. Slightly inconvenient to hold the window up.

Also wish the BB had the same headlights with the halo as the OBX and BL.
The BL headlights are nice but, hit a turkey and the crack is a $1500 repair and the bumper has to come off.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
The pros outweigh the cons big time, but a few things from my time owning a Big Bend:

(1) The interior materials are cheap and easily scatchable. My 20-year-old Toyota is not high-end by any means, but the materials are durable and don't show scratches as readily. I love the design of Ford's interiors -- they're usable, practical, free of b.s. -- but the quality is disappointing.

(2) Puny rear wiper.

(3) The giant piece of black molded plastic on the front end. Looks cheap, like something you'd snap on a toy.

(4) Glossy black plastic pillars on an "adventure" SUV. C'mon man!

(5) Bronco Sport lettering on the hatch. Easy enough to peel it off, but I'd prefer FORD across the back, like on old Broncos or Ford trucks.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I was just thinking yesterday about how much I miss an actual shifter instead of the dial. It weird but I've caught myself a couple of times now pushing the on button and then just pushing the pedal expecting it to go, I have no idea why.
Iā€™ve mostly driven manual transmission vehicles for the last 50 years. Ask me how many times Iā€™ve reached for the shifter this week! Kind of glad it has a dial so I donā€™t accidentally throw it into park. Also happy the brake pedal is narrow and to the right!

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT

you should be able to change the radio with the buttons on the right (lower, dual purpose)
Is your BB color the Alto? If so what do you think of it so far?

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've never loved a car before this one. It means a lot to me and makes me proud to even be seen driving it. There's only one thing I hate about it.
Hearing "It's not a real Bronco" all the time.
Sponsored

Last edited: