BeatrixBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Lincoln MKZ, Jeep Renegade
I am officially out of the waiting room. Picked up my OB this morning and have been driving around. It is fun! Had lots of lookers! Don't give up, they will come!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Well guys, I'm out. I need a vehicle and IMHO worsening supply/production issues got me concerned enough that I went back to Toyota. Yeah... I said no more Toyotas after 20 years of nothing but, but I guess that's all I know.

4Runner was the primary candidate until I had to actually interact with the local dealers. Man oh man, I've gotten "we can't give you out-of-the door number" or plain "we need your SSN to hold it" replies. Aside from that 4Runner's price and gas mileage were 2 main concerns.

So in the end after randomly checking out all local Toyota dealers I came by 2 TRD Offroad RAV4s in the color similar to my BS Cactus Grey order called Luna Rock. IMHO Toyota's color got more green in it whereas CG has more grey. Blacked out TRD emblems and rims don't make RAV4 more offroad worthy but there is enough there for me to think that I'll be able to get to/from my gravel snow covered hill in the winter. Test drive and paperwork are mostly done, picking it up tomorrow, hopefully.

Not sure if I'm gonna ask for BS deposit refund just yet or see where it lands. I don't need 2 cars and I'm pretty sure dealer will be more than happy to sell it way over MSRP.

I plan on holding on to RAV4 for a few years with the intention of trading it in for Bronco after this craze subsides.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Well guys, I'm out. I need a vehicle and IMHO worsening supply/production issues got me concerned enough that I went back to Toyota. Yeah... I said no more Toyotas after 20 years of nothing but, but I guess that's all I know.

4Runner was the primary candidate until I had to actually interact with the local dealers. Man oh man, I've gotten "we can't give you out-of-the door number" or plain "we need your SSN to hold it" replies. Aside from that 4Runner's price and gas mileage were 2 main concerns.

So in the end after randomly checking out all local Toyota dealers I came by 2 TRD Offroad RAV4s in the color similar to my BS Cactus Grey order called Luna Rock. IMHO Toyota's color got more green in it whereas CG has more grey. Blacked out TRD emblems and rims don't make RAV4 more offroad worthy but there is enough there for me to think that I'll be able to get to/from my gravel snow covered hill in the winter. Test drive and paperwork are mostly done, picking it up tomorrow, hopefully.

Not sure if I'm gonna ask for BS deposit refund just yet or see where it lands. I don't need 2 cars and I'm pretty sure dealer will be more than happy to sell it way over MSRP.

I plan on holding on to RAV4 for a few years with the intention of trading it in for Bronco after this craze subsides.
Don't blame you. Production and delivery for Bronco Sport sketchy at best at this point. Resale on the Jap brands is outstanding they really stand out in that regard. Sure you get great trade in if your Badlands ever shows up. And if you make a trade in couple years the Rav will do great value wise.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21

I've got a 2019 Rav4 hybrid. I had it out in in snow and ice this past winter (all hybrid rav4's are AWD) with about 5" of snowfall on the ground plus the ruts from multiple days of people driving on it. Even on the factory tires it was pretty impressive. I could see it doing really well with a set of winter or AT winter rated tires. Oh, and it gets 40mpg around town without even trying, I can hyper-mile it to 50mpg in town.. The upcharge for the Hybrid is only about a grand, well worth it.
The other bonus of the hybrid is that it has more power and is faster than the regular gas model.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Good luck I hope it works out for you. Gotta do what you gotta do. Personally...I'd let the bronco ride...if it comes in early you will probably be able to flip the yota and MAKE money the way things are right now....you don't have to buy the Bronco even if it does come in...worst case maybe you lose the deposit

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I've had my previous gen RAV4 for a while and really wanted something else. Looking back, it was stupid of me to pass on matching to my BS order First Edition but it was end of April and it was too early for me. Not to mention I didn't think things would get this bad. I even put the deposit down, had appointment setup to come in and sign for it, and backed out 2 days later. Sigh.

Personally if I could find RAV4 cheaper Adventure trim that would've been my choice. Nope, sold out solid 400 miles out. I'll find out how well off road goodies, as well as Falken Wildpeak AT tires, work in the winter.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Well after being in the waiting room for almost a year (I reserved one but the deal fell through in February then ordered another one with a different dealer 3/2) I am officially out of the waiting room. Well worth it!

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 741DFEF0-DCAD-4C88-9828-3CA777A60B7F

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Don't blame you at all, if my lease wasn't up this year I'd be waiting until '22 with the way things are going. At least mine is a BB+BB so theoretically it shouldn't be held up quite as much as the OB and Badlands (knock on wood). Congrats on the RAV4 tho! I saw one in that color the other day and thought it was gorgeous, wish the cactus gray was a more like that.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Personally if I could find RAV4 cheaper Adventure trim that would've been my choice. Nope, sold out solid 400 miles out. I'll find out how well off road goodies, as well as Falken Wildpeak AT tires, work in the winter.
Actually, I got frustrated with the Bronco Sport hunt back in March and found a RAV4 Adventure two hours away. It was red, blackout package, and well-equipped. The deal was amazing for a Toyota, about $4500 under MSRP, coming in at ~$32ish.
I drove to the dealership, fully expecting to come home with it, but declined after the test drive. The 8-speed auto was horrible, always hunting and shifting, was too busy for me.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Don't blame you at all, if my lease wasn't up this year I'd be waiting until '22 with the way things are going. At least mine is a BB+BB so theoretically it shouldn't be held up quite as much as the OB and Badlands (knock on wood).
Well, that doesn't appear the way it is going for many of us waiting on our BB+BB orders to be made. â˜č

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
Just got off the phone with Ford Marketing for my weekly update on their current WA guess.
My BL/BL with +360, tow and Falkens ordered 18 March is now scheduled for production 23 August.

Ford Tracker continues to show nothing more than my order date.
My salesman thinks I will have delivery in September. He is an optimist.
I am not hopeful that I will ever get a 2021 BS as ordered, but anticipate the order will soon be changed to a 2022 model.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Ford told me yesterday that its built but waiting on a chip, with a delivery date between 10/25 and 10/31, Going tomorrow to look at a GMC Acadia.. There are no Explorer''s within 100 miles with any color I like or most of the equipment I wanted.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Ford told me yesterday that its built but waiting on a chip, with a delivery date between 10/25 and 10/31, Going tomorrow to look at a GMC Acadia.. There are no Explorer''s within 100 miles with any color I like or most of the equipment I wanted.
Those GMCs are all waiting for chips too. Still finding Acadias and similar on lots as they haven’t been as popular. I haven’t looked at Acadia myself in a few years, so don’t know how they stack up, but seems they’re comparable to the Explorer, in their current form

In my search for another BL+BL w/ 360+ / Tow / MoonRoof, I found one that’s a custom order just like I want that the buyer has backed out of. It’s sitting waiting for a chip, ETA to dealership is on or before 10/31... :( I put a $100 deposit to hold it, but I’m going to be submitting an order for a ‘22 anyway. Will decide how to proceed as things progress

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
I just called Ford Marketing to get an update on the production status of the BL that I ordered on 3/18/21 (BL Pkg, Area 51, Gray Roof, 360+, Tow Pkg, CMS, Falken 235 ATs).
She said it has been built as of 6/17 but its waiting on microchips and their system shows an estimated delivery date 10/25 to 10/31.

I am not in a rush to get a new car so I will have to wait and see how long it actually takes to get to car to the dealership and when it arrives, I will inspect it very closely for wear and tear due to sun and heat exposure of the Sonoran desert.
I don't want a car with the paint and black plastic body parts already faded when it arrives at the dealership as a supposedly "new" car.
I park my cars in the garage at home to keep them out of the elements when not being driven to keep them in good shape and last a long time.

I just checked the Window Sticker and the date at the bottom changed to today's date 7/02.... I guess the guys at the factory moved the car so that it gets even sun on all sides so the "paint fading" will be equal on all sides...LoL
Sponsored

Last edited: