First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I’m giving up. Sent an email to my salesman and asked if I could get out of my BL+BL order. Yes I can! This dealer also owns a Jeep dealership and he will help me find a Wrangler. I really feel like Ford has let me down. Seven months from order to ownership!
Isnt your dealer worried about finding a buyer for BL BL?
Sponsored

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can sign paperwork once it is shipped. That is what I am doing. They just need confirmation of built, vin #, shipping.
Hi! My new car shipped! on the 21st. So, with that I have a confirmed build date, ship date VIN, trackable car I can sign the deal without issue and sit back and relax until I get the call it has arrived? Dealer said it would be here last week of may first week of June, but based on what i've seen on other stickers, it's about 17 days... I'm just ready to sign, and secure !

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi! My new car shipped! on the 21st. So, with that I have a confirmed build date, ship date VIN, trackable car I can sign the deal without issue and sit back and relax until I get the call it has arrived? Dealer said it would be here last week of may first week of June, but based on what i've seen on other stickers, it's about 17 days... I'm just ready to sign, and secure !
yeah heck mine came in 20 days early even based on sticker report. Just depends how many vehicles end up on a truck headed your way I guess.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Isnt your dealer worried about finding a buyer for BL BL?
I would think that the dealer is happy to do this knowing that he can easily sell the Bronco when and if it ever arrives.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
It sure would be nice to know how Ford decides to keep some build dates and pushes back others.
Color, trim, options, MSRP? Special order vs dealer stock? Dealer volume, destination? How many new Fords you have bought?
Ouija board?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It sure would be nice to know how Ford decides to keep some build dates and pushes back others.
Color, trim, options, MSRP? Special order vs dealer stock? Dealer volume, destination? How many new Fords you have bought?
Ouija board?
my understanding is...parts allocations is top priority. Build what they have available without part and piecing it. Second is dealer power. IF they are a bigger dealer, they get bigger priority due to volume of sales. Priority codes are only a small part, and order of purchase is a small part as well. I would guess there is a method to the madness but parts drive the ship right now. The fewer things they have to worry about the better.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
It seems that so many here have similar builds. Order date doesn't seem to matter.
We've been told that if we have a VIN, the parts are allocated and some get pushed back.

Dealer power does make sense.

I know if I was a dealer, I'd be pushing for the high profit vehicles first.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room E00DA7F5-C5A1-4BF7-8641-3EAE8F5DBD07
Mine has started production and I got the window sticker! In case anyone was wondering what the window sticker without moonroof looks like here you go.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Received no email from Ford regarding new production date so called them up to see about new date instead of 6/21 that's not happening now. They were able to look it up and it is... 7/12 now. Sigh.

If it goes through I'll get it mid August, which is about a month later than I need it. I'm gonna work around it and stretch it with rentals here and there but if there is another build push back I'm gonna be out unfortunately. Will likely be a used car vehicle instead, not sure about the make at this point.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I just called Ford and got a production date of 6/3. Order date was 2/6. BL +BL

SweetTea

Badlands
First Name