Waiting room

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I know mine is on the way and there’s nothing I can do about speeding up the transit. That said, I’d love to know where she is and if there’s a better than 50% chance she gets here before I leave town for a week. First world problems, sure, but that’s where I live.

Then again, if I could track it as easy as Dominos or Uber Eats, I’d likely get frustrated if it sat in a rail yard for a couple of days before continuing its journey.
Sponsored

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Then again, if I could track it as easy as Dominos or Uber Eats, I’d likely get frustrated if it sat in a rail yard for a couple of days before continuing its journey.
Ha! Indeed. As far as I know or can decipher my ladies ride hit the destination railyard Monday and is likely still sitting there with no real way of knowing when it will be transported to the dealership.

I work in the video game industry and view this entire process like a game, where each step of the way is unlocked by defeating the boss for the level. Right now we are battling the car transport boss. Next level may be the toughest, where we take on the finance guy/girl at the dealership.

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I’m more than six months since my order and still almost a month until my scheduled build week. Then there’s transport. And comms have been silent since my original order confirmation other than repeated build week adjustments (not in my favor, mostly).

I’m just trying to stay zen and keep this 17 year old Liberty running until it finally arrives. 😂

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
Ha! Indeed. As far as I know or can decipher my ladies ride hit the destination railyard Monday and is likely still sitting there with no real way of knowing when it will be transported to the dealership.

I work in the video game industry and view this entire process like a game, where each step of the way is unlocked by defeating the boss for the level. Right now we are battling the car transport boss. Next level may be the toughest, where we take on the finance guy/girl at the dealership.
Actually... I started the finance person at the dealership a few weeks ago... I'm glad I did .. I've been shopping around for best rates... And she beat mine so far

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know mine is on the way and there’s nothing I can do about speeding up the transit. That said, I’d love to know where she is and if there’s a better than 50% chance she gets here before I leave town for a week. First world problems, sure, but that’s where I live.

I find your observation very interesting... I was thinking it would be nice if the Ford pass app showed it's location...

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m more than six months since my order and still almost a month until my scheduled build week. Then there’s transport. And comms have been silent since my original order confirmation other than repeated build week adjustments (not in my favor, mostly).

I’m just trying to stay zen and keep this 17 year old Liberty running until it finally arrives. 😂
I'm curious what you ordered and what options... I'm trying to still make sense out of the whole process...

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL, Cyber Orange, premium package, CoPilot 360+. No moon roof, no tow package.
I'm guessing it's the 360+ that's holding yours up... I ordered 22 BL Cyber Orange, premium package and tow package...

I always stay away from the navigation systems... Only because I keep cars so long.. and I'm still mixed on the automatic cruise control stuff... I always find myself ending up going really slow behind someone.. when I really would have normally just passed with standard cruise control...

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Sure, I understand where you’re coming from. I was more interested in the lane assist than the adaptive cruise and above all figured it might help retain value when I’m ready to trade it in. I knew going in my wait would be long, even ordering last November. I had just hoped for delivery in something less than eight months, which is how the timeline seems to be shaking out for me at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Adios waiting room. More chats to be had elsewhere. Was getting late but one cannot live by the Flat Irons and not snap a twilight pic.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room IMG_20220524_195020
I'm not usually a fan of brown vehicles but every time I see one of these in the bronze...man it looks good, especially with the framing.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
You're not normally an a-hole. You're a chill dude from everything I've seen. We all have our moments.

Don't feel too bad. I've literally handed my phone to my boyfriend to show him your signature to point out the fact that you already have a build date after ordering 2 days before me. This process is frustrating for everyone in different ways.
Our little crawfish buddy needs some sleep me thinks. I say this jovially to lighten the mood, some times that doesnt come across. I get where he's coming from though, if they'd just kept his originally production week it'd be no big deal but to get told its coming sooner, oh wait never mind, that can be...irksome.

They did that to my little brother with his new house, was supposed to be end of june then moved it to may 18 for closing (which is the first house I've seen in 2 years get moved UP and I'm in the industry) and then pushed it back to yesterday. Only a couple days so wasn't that big a deal but still frustrating.

Reactions: MJE

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I'm curious what you ordered and what options... I'm trying to still make sense out of the whole process...
Do yourself a favor and stop trying to make sense of it. Every time you think you have found some logic in it, more information will come along and break that logic. You are not the first to attempt this futile effort.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do yourself a favor and stop trying to make sense of it. Every time you think you have found some logic in it, more information will come along and break that logic. You are not the first to attempt this futile effort.
I know.. I think I read through every post in this thread... I'm just super curious of the whole process... I've visited the factory tour in Dearborn before.. that's really cool... I just wish we could visit ours being built.... Also I was talking to my Dad last night about it and he said he used to go see his car being built when he worked for ford years ago... I think that's so cool...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I know.. I think I read through every post in this thread... I'm just super curious of the whole process... I've visited the factory tour in Dearborn before.. that's really cool... I just wish we could visit ours being built.... Also I was talking to my Dad last night about it and he said he used to go see his car being built when he worked for ford years ago... I think that's so cool...
I bought a 2003 MINI Cooper S new and from memory the tracking of the delivery was better than Ford's. Given the state of things right now, I don't think I would want to go to Mexico to watch my BS being built. It would be great if they had their act together enough for us to see some webcam photos as it was in process but in the end it won't make a difference.

As far as logic in the system, here is one for you. Someone on this forum bought the same vehicle as I did on the same day. When I say, "the same", I mean color/model/options/packages everything! They received a build date for May and I am still waiting for a build date. So, you can't nail it down to a particular option or package or anything else. If there is logic behind this system, it will take a super computer AI and all of our data to figure it out.

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

I'm in the same boat. More than 6 months since my order and 2 months until my scheduled build week. Maybe I will get it 12 months after ordering.
Sponsored