thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Well stalking it an obsessing isn't producing any change in status...maybe my technique is off. :crazy::crazy::crazy:
Sponsored

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I was lucky enough to literally wonder onto a dealership near my house and a Bronco Sport BL was there for the taking. I wasn't really aware of how popular these vehicles were until I started to shop around and OMG... stories of 2 and 3 month waiting periods. What !?

Well needless to say I pretty much didn't haggle and was all too happy to trade in my 10 year old truck and make the purchase. Walking out the door (with a few dealer installed options I COULD NOT remove/ugh... ) and adding a Ford Premium extended warranty for 84/100K I left the car lot creeping up to 45K! yikes... (of course traded in my truck and paid additional Tax/Title and fees... so financing much less)

Like many of us here on this vehicle the dealer added the dreaded "Market adjustment..." but I just now priced and built this same unit I purchased with same options (on Ford.com) and added my extended warranty and surprisingly came out just about $700 above those totals...

So I suppose my take away... glass half empty-half full seems to apply here. All about perspective and, need and of course want...

Be my driver for the unforeseeable future : )

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I know more about my $5 Amazon purchase from this morning than I do my $40k vehicle I purchased over two months ago. It's a horrible business model and as much as I love this car, I don't think I'd ever custom order like this again.
Kris, don’t let this crazy time distort your view on custom orders. I’ve custom ordered most of my vehicles mainly because I prefer less deluxe and manual versions which are not found typically on the lots. This is just a weird time because of the pandemic and the commodity constraints caused by shut downs and labor shortages. Hopefully things will improve and this won’t become normal.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You ordered in April 2022? I ordered in January and didn’t get confirmation of my order for 3 months.
Badlands vs Big Bend. The more electronics, the more constrained. When I ordered mine late last year, I was told approximately 4 months. Less for Base and Big Bends, more for Outerbanks and Badlands. Mine took 4 months but I also purposely did not order PP or 360+.

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Badlands vs Big Bend. The more electronics, the more constrained. When I ordered mine late last year, I was told approximately 4 months. Less for Base and Big Bends, more for Outerbanks and Badlands. Mine took 4 months but I also purposely did not order PP or 360+.
Person I was talking to (@Dtech) and myself both ordered Badlands
not sure where you’re getting BB?

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kris, don’t let this crazy time distort your view on custom orders. I’ve custom ordered most of my vehicles mainly because I prefer less deluxe and manual versions which are not found typically on the lots. This is just a weird time because of the pandemic and the commodity constraints caused by shut downs and labor shortages. Hopefully things will improve and this won’t become normal.
You're totally right. I'm usually a logical person, but I think how badly I want this Badlands is causing me to get a little itchy. I really like the idea of having something built perfectly for me, favorite color and all. I'm sure the custom ordering process is much less painful outside the pandemic. Much like shopping for my first home isn't fun for me right now, this probably isn't the ideal time to place my first vehicle order either. Definitely not a good representation of the normal ordering process, I'm sure.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're totally right. I'm usually a logical person, but I think how badly I want this Badlands is causing me to get a little itchy. I really like the idea of having something built perfectly for me, favorite color and all. I'm sure the custom ordering process is much less painful outside the pandemic. Much like shopping for my first home isn't fun for me right now, this probably isn't the ideal time to place my first vehicle order either. Definitely not a good representation of the normal ordering process, I'm sure.
I'm right there with you in all the crazy. It's theoretically possible (though so improbable as to basically be impossible) that with production this week my BSBL could arrive by my birthday at the end of the month. This is not only my first brand new car (I've always let someone else take the big depreciation), but it's also my birthday present. In this age of instant gratification it sure would be nice if Ford was as efficient as Amazon. I keep consoling myself with how awesome it will be when it finally happens, but right now the process seems designed for maximum frustration. I hope Ford is as worn out by it as we are.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm right there with you in all the crazy. It's theoretically possible (though so improbable as to basically be impossible) that with production this week my BSBL could arrive by my birthday at the end of the month. This is not only my first brand new car (I've always let someone else take the big depreciation), but it's also my birthday present. In this age of instant gratification it sure would be nice if Ford was as efficient as Amazon. I keep consoling myself with how awesome it will be when it finally happens, but right now the process seems designed for maximum frustration. I hope Ford is as worn out by it as we are.
Man, I hope you get that birthday gift. It would be pretty incredible for it to show up that quickly after your build week. And I promise it is totally worth it. Even the Big Bend I have now is an astounding vehicle with so much style and capability. I've never loved a car before this one, and after test driving a Badlands, I'm jumping out of my skin for my own order to at least be scheduled. Please post tons of pictures for me to drool over when it shows up. Velocity Blue is my favorite color.

The process is definitely frustrating, though. You ordered two days before I did and have a build date. I haven't heard a peep. I wish I knew a little bit about the process to even just give me a semblance of when I might be scheduled. I'm a bit of a control freak and the not knowing is what sends me overboard.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I hope you get that birthday gift. It would be pretty incredible for it to show up that quickly after your build week.
It would be awesome and inconvenient since I'm working 12s that week and 5P-5A to boot. I'd kind of like to have my faculties with me when I go say mean things to a finance guy.
Please post tons of pictures for me to drool over when it shows up.
I'm already imagining the odd looks I'll get from the dealership when I roll up and break out my camera gear. Yes, I'm bringing a small ladder so I can get a shot from higher than the roof line. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...at least that's how I'm going into this experience.

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
Well đŸ’©
I just got another bump in production email from Ford, from 5/30 to 6/6 :(

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Got an email today as well. Bumped to 6-27. Only delayed by 7 days. But I'm sure there will be more bumps.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Well just got moved to week of July 25th. It was July 4th. This is the 4th time it's been pushed back. Insane ordered 11-27-21 😭
That's crazy! I ordered my BL with everything in Feb, and scheduled for 6-27. Ordered after you, and have a production date before you. You got that engine cover on order don't you. 😅
Sponsored