Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Hi. Spouse bought an ‘in transit’ from dealer early Dec as a Christmas gift with promises from dealer it should be ready in time for Christmas or not long after, spouse said they would buy one in stock (diff colour)if delivery takes too long but assured no our car would be soon. In Feb the sales rep finally confirmed it’s not actually in transit but waiting for semi conductor chip. Will this vehicle ever get to the dealership? It’s now been over 6 months.
edit to add in Ontario
This sounds like your dealer pulled the wool over your spouse's eyes. Although some vehicles have waited for chips, that has not been a thing here for the last couple of months. I'm guessing that they ordered when your spouse was there, or just after. They may have thought that they could get one "soon" but that doesn't seem to be the norm for most. It seems that if anyone gets their order in under 4 months, that is unusually fast. In general it seems to be 4-6 months but some have been closer to 8. As stated above the dealer should be able to give you some information that will allow you to "track" the order. I put the word track in quotes because until you have a VIN there isn't much tracking to be done. It seems that your order is just in one of those lottery buckets being swirled around until it falls out.
Sponsored

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi. Spouse bought an ‘in transit’ from dealer early Dec as a Christmas gift with promises from dealer it should be ready in time for Christmas or not long after, spouse said they would buy one in stock (diff colour)if delivery takes too long but assured no our car would be soon. In Feb the sales rep finally confirmed it’s not actually in transit but waiting for semi conductor chip. Will this vehicle ever get to the dealership? It’s now been over 6 months.
edit to add in Ontario
The information and communication from factory to dealer is brutal! (Canada) I've seen units with Vin, build date and ETA change multiple times on 2 different Ford status reports. Having said that, at this point every dealer/salesperson should know they are not accurate in many cases. I was still a Ford dealer when I ordered my full size 2 door, it took almost a year, I gave up and bought Sport.

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So what day of the week is the production scheduling finalized and should folks start getting notifications? I know it's only Wednesday but doesn't seem like anyone has posted yet about their vehicle being scheduled yet this week. I did chat with Ford in the late morning today and they said that mine still showed as processing and awaiting scheduling and they also confirmed that it did not appear that any of my options selections or any other delays or holds were showing on my order. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed that mine gets scheduled and that I can get confirmation by the end of the week!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So what day of the week is the production scheduling finalized and should folks start getting notifications? I know it's only Wednesday but doesn't seem like anyone has posted yet about their vehicle being scheduled yet this week. I did chat with Ford in the late morning today and they said that mine still showed as processing and awaiting scheduling and they also confirmed that it did not appear that any of my options selections or any other delays or holds were showing on my order. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed that mine gets scheduled and that I can get confirmation by the end of the week!
Scheduling takes place on Thursdays. Some folks have gotten emails on Friday mornings.

ElizvbethG

Outer Banks
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Mothra the Big Bend is home!
Order: 2/3
Confirmed: 2/3
Scheduled for prediction: 2/27
(Original prod. Date- 4/26, pushed to 5/2 in late March)
In production: 5/3
Built: 5/3
Shipped: 5/6
At dealer: 5/16
Picked up: 5/17!
View attachment 25057
Thats great! Im in Texas as well, what part of Texas are you in? That I can have an idea of how long it will take for mine to get here. I'm from Dallas TX, I have a prod date for 5/30.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish Ford was better at communicating data. Window stickers don't have build dates on them this year, apparently there's no more scheduled to day email, etc. The only real data is the invoiced day and line order number, which doesn't tell me much. I suppose I could annoy the dealership to peek at the VVR and see if my build is Thursday or Friday. One would think these types of data are automatically distributed, so they'd have to be deliberately prevented, and concealing information from the customer doesn't strike me as an effective way to build trust and brand loyalty.

Last edited:

geronika

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Mothra the Big Bend is home!
Order: 2/3
Confirmed: 2/3
Scheduled for prediction: 2/27
(Original prod. Date- 4/26, pushed to 5/2 in late March)
In production: 5/3
Built: 5/3
Shipped: 5/6
At dealer: 5/16
Picked up: 5/17!
View attachment 25057
My big bend was ordered 1/25, built on 4/22 and shipped 4/29 all before yours and it still hasn't made it to the dealership. That don't make sense.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish Ford was better at communicating data. Window stickers don't have build dates on them this year, apparently there's no more scheduled to day email, etc. The only real data is the invoiced day and line order number, which doesn't tell me much. I suppose I could annoy the dealership to peek at the VVR and see if my build is Thursday or Friday. One would think these types of data are automatically distributed, so they'd have to be deliberately prevented, and concealing information from the customer doesn't strike me as an effective way to build trust and brand loyalty.
I know more about my $5 Amazon purchase from this morning than I do my $40k vehicle I purchased over two months ago. It's a horrible business model and as much as I love this car, I don't think I'd ever custom order like this again.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
In Canada VVR is no longer accurate. It was about 90% before the pandemic. It is almost impossible to get a straight answer from even the Ford reps. The VVR is generated out of Detroit so I assume it's a problem in the USA as well. I used the system as a dealer for many years. Best thing I could tell the customer was " According to Ford's Vehicle Visibility Report it says your vehicle status is_____." Sad but true. I'm sure it is not intentional and not meant to deceive people but I agree there should be better communication! Congrats on your incoming Sport.
I know more about my $5 Amazon purchase from this morning than I do my $40k vehicle I purchased over two months ago. It's a horrible business model and as much as I love this car, I don't think I'd ever custom order like this again.
Funny I used that exact analogy with our regional rep years ago. He agreed but also pointed out that the shipping portion is the simple part of the transaction. Coordinating parts from 1000 different suppliers is complex. While I agree to a point it is what they do for a living so fix it. ( This was pre pandemic). Just in time inventory and farming out 80% (ballpark) vehicle parts to outside suppliers makes the problem much worse imo. Nobody could have predicting the chip shortage but some managed it a little better than others.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Canada VVR is no longer accurate. It was about 90% before the pandemic. It is almost impossible to get a straight answer from even the Ford reps. The VVR is generated out of Detroit so I assume it's a problem in the USA as well. I used the system as a dealer for many years. Best thing I could tell the customer was " According to Ford's Vehicle Visibility Report it says your vehicle status is_____." Sad but true. I'm sure it is not intentional and not meant to deceive people but I agree there should be better communication! Congrats on your incoming Sport.

Funny I used that exact analogy with our regional rep years ago. He agreed but also pointed out that the shipping portion is the simple part of the transaction. Coordinating parts from 1000 different suppliers is complex. While I agree to a point it is what they do for a living so fix it. ( This was pre pandemic). Just in time inventory and farming out 80% (ballpark) vehicle parts to outside suppliers makes the problem much worse imo. Nobody could have predicting the chip shortage but some managed it a little better than others.
I think Dominos puts Ford to shame since I know that Steve is making my pizza, what time it went into the oven, that Brandy just left the store with it, and I can GPS track it to my driveway. Sure, their process has less inputs, but Ford knows all the bits of data; they just don't communicate it. I know from the sticker that my BS was invoiced on Friday the 13th and that it is being built some time this week, and I'd bet good money Ford knows on which day it will be built, but they're stingy with the info. I'm fine as long as I know all that can be known (not a peep from me between scheduled to week until last Friday), but now there is information extant yet elusive. Now I don't know when to expect the next thing, and that's crazy making. Speaking of crazy, time for another 12 hour shift and accumulation of accessory funding through overtime.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I think Dominos puts Ford to shame since I know that Steve is making my pizza, what time it went into the oven, that Brandy just left the store with it, and I can GPS track it to my driveway. Sure, their process has less inputs, but Ford knows all the bits of data; they just don't communicate it. I know from the sticker that my BS was invoiced on Friday the 13th and that it is being built some time this week, and I'd bet good money Ford knows on which day it will be built, but they're stingy with the info. I'm fine as long as I know all that can be known (not a peep from me between scheduled to week until last Friday), but now there is information extant yet elusive. Now I don't know when to expect the next thing, and that's crazy making. Speaking of crazy, time for another 12 hour shift and accumulation of accessory funding through overtime.
Plus they outsource all their cheese and pepperoni 😁. Glad to see you so motivated about your upcoming accessories!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus they outsource all their cheese and pepperoni 😁. Glad to see you so motivated about your upcoming accessories!
The secret, I hope, is to go right up to the line -- without crossing it -- of looking like a tool for all the crap you'll never actually use hanging off the vehicle.

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
You ordered in April 2022? I ordered in January and didn’t get confirmation of my order for 3 months.

Moth_breath

Big Bend
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thats great! Im in Texas as well, what part of Texas are you in? That I can have an idea of how long it will take for mine to get here. I'm from Dallas TX, I have a prod date for 5/30.
Im just North of Austin
Sponsored