Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Here's a good one. Loudon Ford in Minerva OH has 2 used Badlands on there lot for 10,000 over sticker, along with a Big Bend and a First Edition.
The trouble is someone with more dollars than sense will buy them at that ridiculous price.
Sponsored

MNSmith

Badlands
First Name
Marena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So my dealer and I are getting completely different information about my BS. My tracker went into production 6/3, doesn’t say built yet and estimated delivery of 10/31. My dealer got information that it is built with estimated delivery of 6/21 however when they look at the tracking information, it says the same as mine. Don’t know what to believe. I’m hoping that by some grace of god, the dealers info comes true!

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
I want the high option Badlands in the color I want with the options I chose. So I am gonna wait it out and expect the worse in terms of ongoing delays...
I agree with you. I chose the options and color I want, if I found one on a lot, I may buy it. but not at $10k over MSRP.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Don’t trust anything Ford tells you until it’s in your driveway. Sorry I’m bitter and gave up. Good luck to you ??
Quality control issues, parts issues, what ever the hold up, Ford likes to keep those things secret. And they are pretty good at preventing that info from leaking out. That is what I have seen in the past for other Ford vehicles. Right now its easy to say "chip issues" but the real reason will probably never be known. They have been operating like this long before COVID. That is how Ford rolls.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
They are in my area. And again...where are most chips made? Where other countries are smarter than the US, they prioritize their own economy...here we ask who we can bid out...
Mazda dealerships in my area still have a reasonable supply, but less than normal and getting thinner by the day. Jeep dealerships are starting to get thin. At least when the sales folks say "you better act quickly because you may miss out on the car you want" they are not completely blowing smoke up your ass.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
OK, so I didn't want to hang around for Halloween (10/31). I know if I waited on Trick or Treat day, it would be a Ford Trick. So, I opted for a Treat:
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 20210616_072650

My Ford dealer is refunding my Deposit.
All in all, I hope all you Folks get the Treat you want.
Take care all.
Sorry to see you go. I'm pretty upset with ford and my dealer. However, I'm going to Hang in there until the end. I personally think that the parts will be in at the end of the month and my bronco will be finished and dealers by August.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
The trouble is someone with more dollars than sense will buy them at that ridiculous price.
There are plenty of people out there that can afford pretty much whatever they want. Do I think its stupid to throw money around? Ya. Is it annoying to see those folks buy a spot further up in the line and bypass the regular Joe? Sure. On a positive note it speaks to the desirability of the Bronco Sport. If nobody was willing to pay over MSRP for a Bronco Sport with the crunch we are seeing - that would be some cause for concern.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
There are plenty of people out there that can afford pretty much whatever they want.
And then there are those that get approved to finance the whole thing and have zero dollars in the bank. That is the most common scenario.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And then there are those that get approved to finance the whole thing and have zero dollars in the bank. That is the most common scenario.
That's the giant credit bubble called printing money from a xerox....current admin is great at it. A billion for you a billion for you.. two billion for me, who needs more money!! The bottom will drop out and China is licking their chops

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Has anyone heard that the Plant is definitely closing down weeks of 6/21 and 6/28

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Has anyone heard that the Plant is definitely closing down weeks of 6/21 and 6/28
Haven't heard anything definite but my scheduled build week of 6/28 was moved to 7/12

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
On June 1 I get email saying my build date moved from June 14 to June 21 after Ford announced in May plant would be shut down last two weeks in June. On June 15 I get In Production Status and Window Sticker so it is looking like my June 21 Build Week is going to happen. Now will Ford complete the build and ship it that is another story but it looks like they are building some June 21 week.