First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The Ford Marketing line just advised me that me build was put on a production hold on Monday and the ETA of October 31'st is real. They couldn't tell me what the part that's holding it up was but suggested that my dealer would be able to let me know. My dealer is useless but I did manage to contact a sales manager as my sales person isn't returning my calls or emails. He tried to push me off to my sales person but I pressed him to help me. He confirmed the production delay but had no more information. I pressed him again and he said the general manager has another system that has factory information and he'd get back to me in a couple of hours.

So sounds like I'm screwed, was really hoping this was a mistake.

and as a side note, run away from Courtesy Ford in Portland Oregon if your considering using them.
Sorry to hear this news. What a complete mess. And of course no one knows what the issue is. If its a quality issue Ford tends to guard that type of information very tightly.
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Yes lot of ppl had June 21 date and were pushed to July. Then weeks after everyone else was pushed to July I get email saying my new build week June 21 and I got that email June 1. This is after Ford announced in May plant closed last two weeks in June? Previous build date was June 14? So no one knows if ford decided to build some June 21 or my June 21 email was an error but email sent June 1??
Mine was scheduled for June 21, I called the dealer to ask how my BS was supposed to be built during a week the factory was to be shutdown He told me that was exactly what their Visibility Report said and they had no idea about the shutdown. About 10 min. later I get an email from Ford re-scheduling the date to July 12, it's been there ever since. When I showed the dealer the email they replied , "well that still two weeks sooner then we expected".

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Mine was scheduled for June 21, I called the dealer to ask how my BS was supposed to be built during a week the factory was to be shutdown He told me that was exactly what their Visibility Report said and they had no idea about the shutdown. About 10 min. later I get an email from Ford re-scheduling the date to July 12, it's been there ever since. When I showed the dealer the email they replied , "well that still two weeks sooner then we expected".
Well the way things are going its highly unlikely any units will be built during the scheduled plant closure second half of June.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well I've now spoken to Ford Marketing (actually very helpful), My Sales Person, Her Sales Manager, and sent an email to the General manager of the Dealership.

Apparently the General Manager has access to some super secret system that will indicate what the component is that's holding up my build. Ford Marketing couldn't help, my sales person is useless, her manager kept trying to pass me back to her until I really pressed him to look it up himself and he was only able to confirm what I already knew. My hopes aren't high that the general manager is going to be much help either.

Sorry for venting but I know you all get it.

We wait....

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
What's the end game there? Suppose you figure out what's holding up your build. Suppose it's a major component like 360+ for instance. My understanding is that not all existing order changes can be made - minor ones are OK but major ones might not work. I'm not 100% sure about that. I requested 1 minor change to my order a while back and sales guy had mentioned something about being allowed up to 5 changes and those dependent on type of the change. Don't recall the specifics.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
the Date on the bottom of my window sticker went from 6/2 to 6/9 and that means what? Ford Marketing said it was in the body shop on 6/8

Last edited:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the end game there? Suppose you figure out what's holding up your build. Suppose it's a major component like 360+ for instance. My understanding is that not all existing order changes can be made - minor ones are OK but major ones might not work. I'm not 100% sure about that. I requested 1 minor change to my order a while back and sales guy had mentioned something about being allowed up to 5 changes and those dependent on type of the change. Don't recall the specifics.
It’s a Hail Mary for sure. My last effort to see if I can get it before October or move on to a short term POS.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the Date on the bottom of my window sticker went from 6/2 to 6/9 and that means what
do you have a ETA to dealership? If it’s 10-31 your likely in a production hold.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for venting but I know you all get it.
You have to vent to us cause we are your waiting room buddies. Family and friends don't understand or care.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
the Date on the bottom of my window sticker went from 6/2 to 6/9 and that means what? Ford Marketing said it was in the body shop on 6/8
From what I've read in other post is that the very bottom date changes when the vehicle goes to body, then again at trim, then again at the end of assembly. Then once it is shipped it updates again and stays that date.

I hope that's true anyway! :clap: :clap:
I have my window sticker date at 6/3, hope it updates in a day or two.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
From what I've read in other post is that the very bottom date changes when the vehicle goes to body, then again at trim, then again at the end of assembly. Then once it is shipped it updates again and stays that date.

I hope that's true anyway! :clap: :clap:
I have my window sticker date at 6/3, hope it updates in a day or two.
My build week was 5/31, bottom date has not changed since 6/3, but I have a July delivery date. So here's hoping!

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Got the shipped confirmation on Monday, tracker says transit of 16 days. Fingers crossed it stays that way, I’ll have my BS the week of 6/20. Great Fathers Day gift!
SWEET!!!!!!

:rockon::rockon:
Sponsored