Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
My time in this room is short. Ordered OB+OB -moonroof on 4/15, built 6/4, just saw my sticker date change to 6/6, which I’m hope means it’s been transferred to the rail company for shipping. Need it to arrive in Chicago by 6/28 so we can take it on a road trip.
Wow- order same 2/22 now 8/12?
Sponsored

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
Hello all, I’ve been monitoring these threads for a few months now. My wife got lucky and bought an outer banks off the lot in March, and I ordered one as well.

order date 3/13
Area 51 Outer Banks, OB package, no tow.

dealer said either side of 6 weeks. 4 weeks later I got a build date of 6/28. 2 weeks later I got a push back to 8/2. I woke up Saturday morning to another pushback of 8/30. Not sure what to do… I’m sure many of you have waited a long time, but I feel as though this chip shortage is going to screw me big time.At this rate, it may be 2022 before it comes. I work for Volvo/Mack, and this is a worldwide global shortage that may take years to correct… stuck driving my 2009 civic… ?.
Ford states, builds continue june thru 2022 for your 2021 build model year will not change - per phone call

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
So my June 21 build week that I was emailed on June 1 probably not gonna happen? Am I gonna get a 2022 now? Or I am I gonna get an 'In Production' when really not in production? The Ford mystery when will my BS be built no one knows?
Per a phone call 2021 build year will not change. Even if build in 2022

AnytimeNow

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Well.... looks like the wait is almost over. Placed my order on 1/25, an OB with every option one could select including moonroof. Yesterday afternoon I received my window sticker with a build date of 6/15. Feels good to have some movement and to know the build will be completed and shipped before the upcoming two week shutdown.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Feels good to have some movement and to know the build will be completed and shipped before the upcoming two week shutdown.
Two week shutdown? Ford sends me an email on June 1 saying my June 14 build week is now June 21? But back in May Ford said plant shut down last two weeks in June? I asked my dealer what is my build week they say June 21 per their info? So did Ford decide to keep plant open June 21 or do I get another build week email saying I am pushed to July? No one knows. So wait for the next build date email is my guess?

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
Two week shutdown? Ford sends me an email on June 1 saying my June 14 build week is now June 21? But back in May Ford said plant shut down last two weeks in June? I asked my dealer what is my build week they say June 21 per their info? So did Ford decide to keep plant open June 21 or do I get another build week email saying I am pushed to July? No one knows. So wait for the next build date email is my guess?
Yeah, that went to 8/12 est.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Per a phone call 2021 build year will not change. Even if build in 2022
I don't doubt that's what they told you but I'm very skeptical that's the case. I'm imagining selling the BS in the future and trying to explain to people that it's a 2021 that was built in 2022 so it's actually a year newer than it appears :(

Last edited:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that things keep changing but the total lack of any accurate communication and people at the dealerships and the Marketing line just making stuff up is driving me crazy. Ford is really dropping the ball. I'm ok with waiting, I really am, I just want some real information but that isn't possible apparently.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well.... looks like the wait is almost over. Placed my order on 1/25, an OB with every option one could select including moonroof. Yesterday afternoon I received my window sticker with a build date of 6/15. Feels good to have some movement and to know the build will be completed and shipped before the upcoming two week shutdown.
That's exactly where I was about 2 weeks ago and now I'm convinced mine is never going to get built. I hope that's not the case for you but the build dates are no guaranty unfortunately. Best of luck.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Called Ford Marketing It went into the body Shop Yesterday 6/8 No idea when it will be built.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I don't doubt that's what they told you but I'm very skeptical that's the case. I'm imagining selling the BS in the future and trying to explain to people that it's a 2021 that was built in 2022 so it's actually a year newer than it appears :(
They are not going to want to build '21s in '22 for inventory every single customer will be asking 'where is my last model year discount?'. I dont doubt ppl are getting told they will build '21 in '22 calendar year but not in Ford"s interest to do that so highly unlikely that will happen.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that went to 8/12 est.
Yes lot of ppl had June 21 date and were pushed to July. Then weeks after everyone else was pushed to July I get email saying my new build week June 21 and I got that email June 1. This is after Ford announced in May plant closed last two weeks in June? Previous build date was June 14? So no one knows if ford decided to build some June 21 or my June 21 email was an error but email sent June 1??

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford Marketing line just advised me that me build was put on a production hold on Monday and the ETA of October 31'st is real. They couldn't tell me what the part that's holding it up was but suggested that my dealer would be able to let me know. My dealer is useless but I did manage to contact a sales manager as my sales person isn't returning my calls or emails. He tried to push me off to my sales person but I pressed him to help me. He confirmed the production delay but had no more information. I pressed him again and he said the general manager has another system that has factory information and he'd get back to me in a couple of hours.

So sounds like I'm screwed, was really hoping this was a mistake.

and as a side note, run away from Courtesy Ford in Portland Oregon if your considering using them.

Last edited:

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
The Ford Marketing line just advised me that me build was put on a production hold on Monday and the ETA of October 31'st is real. They couldn't tell me what the part that's holding it up was but suggested that me dealer would be able to let me know. My dealer is useless but I did manage to contact a sales manager as my sales person isn't returning my calls or emails. He tried to push me off to my sales person but I pressed him to help me. He confirmed the production delay but had no more information. I pressed him again and he said the general manager has another system that has factory information and he'd get back to me in a couple of hours.

Wow. I just can't believe it.

SweetTea

Badlands
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi q3
The Ford Marketing line just advised me that me build was put on a production hold on Monday and the ETA of October 31'st is real. They couldn't tell me what the part that's holding it up was but suggested that me dealer would be able to let me know. My dealer is useless but I did manage to contact a sales manager as my sales person isn't returning my calls or emails. He tried to push me off to my sales person but I pressed him to help me. He confirmed the production delay but had no more information. I pressed him again and he said the general manager has another system that has factory information and he'd get back to me in a couple of hours.

Damn. Same boat. I’m giving it one more shot with my dealer today but it’s truly the end of October I just can’t wait that long, I have to be able to get around ?
Sponsored