Waiting room

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well yesterday the FDM recall disappeared. So they must of fixed it but still not shipped yet.
My understanding is that there’s been another recall for the brakes on all Bronco Sports built prior to November. If yours hasn’t shipped yet, it’s not going to for quite a while
Sponsored

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My understanding is that there’s been another recall for the brakes on all Bronco Sports built prior to November. If yours hasn’t shipped yet, it’s not going to for quite a while
Well only been waiting since April What’s another 4 months lol

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Same. April order, June build. Really not sure why these have been left to rot while models built well after have already been delivered.

Huge botch job by Ford.
You said you bought one of the lot rots when it was listed in transit (i.e. you did not place the original order but put a hold on it this fall) When did you that with your dealer?

Did the dealer tell you the one you were putting a hold on was one of the lot Bronco Sports orders that someone had cancelled and was still sitting in the plant or did they make you think it had already been shipped?

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For the June lot rot folks check for water spot stains in paint especially on hood and roof.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room PXL_20211204_145531469

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You said you bought one of the lot rots when it was listed in transit (i.e. you did not place the original order but put a hold on it this fall) When did you that with your dealer?

Did the dealer tell you the one you were putting a hold on was one of the lot Bronco Sports orders that someone had cancelled and was still sitting in the plant or did they make you think it had already been shipped?
I reserved it last month under the impression that it would arrive November 28th. This is what I was told, that it was on its way to the lot. And clearly they weren’t honest about it. Now I don’t have a car and apparently won’t for a long time. They won’t give my money back either.

It was dealer ordered April 10th.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I reserved it last month under the impression that it would arrive November 28th. This is what I was told, that it was on its way to the lot. And clearly they weren’t honest about it. Now I don’t have a car and apparently won’t for a long time. They won’t give my money back either.

It was dealer ordered April 10th.
Your deposit was not refundable? Yeah I would have had a problem with that. All the ones at dealers here are refundable. Some dealers are not upstanding which is sad. They are independent franchises.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your deposit was not refundable? Yeah I would have had a problem with that. All the ones at dealers here are refundable. Some dealers are not upstanding which is sad. They are independent franchises.
Correct, non-refundable. Could I go buy something else instead? Yes. The issue is that I refuse to gift this dealership $500 as an award for them lying about the arrival date of my car, which has been sitting in the Mexican sun for 6 months now. Meaning who knows what shape it will be in when or if I actually get it.

I’ve never had a worse experience at a car dealership.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Correct, non-refundable. Could I go buy something else instead? Yes. The issue is that I refuse to gift this dealership $500 as an award for them lying about the arrival date of my car, which has been sitting in the Mexican sun for 6 months now. Meaning who knows what shape it will be in when or if I actually get it.

When you get it you should give your service dollars to a different dealership.

cherri.tarte

Big Bend
First Name
Cherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

I have the same issue with my dealership. My deposit is non-refundable. And while they would be willing to allow me to put it towards another Bronco Sport they have on the lot, none match what I ordered, plus they did upgrades (leather seats and lifts) that I don't want despite the fact that they are coming into the dealership without those options. They just want to be able to charge more.

So I stay here, in the Waiting Room, waiting for my perfect baby Bronco. Hopefully she's worth it!!

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Howdy folks! My wife ordered up a Badlands this past Saturday and received an order confirmation from Ford as we were driving back home. Hopefully we see a VIN soon, then it's just a waiting game.

Having been through this before, my deepest sympathies to all with a long wait. I custom ordered my JL Rubicon back in 2018 and that was one heck of a mess. Took 4 months to come in and there were people who ordered 6 months before me still waiting. And we had no way to track orders.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
How long has it taken folks to get a confirmation email on the order from Ford? Placed the order 11/29, dealership said I should see an email from them soon, but nothing. Assuming once you get the email, the order also shows up under My Account on the Ford site? I've seen various posts that some folks never received the email at all, system is finicky, etc. etc. Just always concerned about the horror story of the dealership never actually submitting the order and only finding it way down the road.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
How long has it taken folks to get a confirmation email on the order from Ford? Placed the order 11/29, dealership said I should see an email from them soon, but nothing. Assuming once you get the email, the order also shows up under My Account on the Ford site? I've seen various posts that some folks never received the email at all, system is finicky, etc. etc. Just always concerned about the horror story of the dealership never actually submitting the order and only finding it way down the road.
I got mine a week after ordering but that seems unusual. Maybe try calling the dealership and see whats going on.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I got mine a week after ordering but that seems unusual. Maybe try calling the dealership and see whats going on.
I emailed them but haven't heard back yet, also talked to the Ford Twitter folks to see if there was anyone on their end that could see it and just say "hey yeah we got it" or whatever. Trying to not be anxious about it all, but this is my first time ordering vs picking off the lot so have no experience doing it this way.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I emailed them but haven't heard back yet, also talked to the Ford Twitter folks to see if there was anyone on their end that could see it and just say "hey yeah we got it" or whatever. Trying to not be anxious about it all, but this is my first time ordering vs picking off the lot so have no experience doing it this way.
Oh no worries, I feel lucky to have gotten the confirmation and production date. If I didn't have that I'd be just as anxious I promise. This is my first car order as well and I'm really hoping to get it before WFH ends in March, so I understand.
Sponsored