kbroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 3.5EB
Well, we got out of the waiting room today...by driving across a couple of states to purchase an abandoned custom order in upstate NY. Aside from not having the cargo management system or engine block heater, it differs only in included accessories. My wife is happy, I'm happy, and it appears I underpriced the Subaru she's replacing because a dealer just offered me $500 offer asking, and you know he'll make money on the deal.
Sponsored

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
FINALLY. BUILT. Expected delivery date 10/30! 7.5 months later but finally!! Hoping it’s sooner, I’ll be in Arizona from 10/23-10/31 lol

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room FB2D88A2-85BD-4213-878A-C165406859E6

Richard Johnson

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mine was given a 8/31 built then 9/3 ship and 9/22 to 9/28 delivery. Well here I am and the dealer doesn’t know anything…on a truck or delivery date except what I have. Hard to believe they don’t have a truck tracker.

SaltyBronco123

Badlands
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I’m more than a little miffed now… they updated my delivery date to basically Christmas… The dealership I ordered it from just received a Bronco Sport that’s exactly like my, except for the engine block heater. Considering just forgetting about it at this point and getting something else.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 43AF57E4-BF77-47D1-9D80-1DB82A209522

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Finally, the wait has ended! I order this BS BL+BL back on February 24th, Built 8/26, Delivered 9/24! I even found a friend!

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room IMG_5670
From that angle, the Bronco looks like the "baby" Bronco!

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been following this forum for a long time. Sharing my progress finally for my Cactus Gray OB w/OB package (including moonroof):
3/15/21 order date
6/28/21 first scheduled build date
8/2/21 second scheduled build date
8/30/21 third scheduled build date
9/6/21 fourth schedule build date
Then, crickets....9/6 came and went, no more email updates. Called my dealer. He said 10/1 is new date.
Saw all these posts with the new 12/24 date, and heart sunk. Logged onto my tracker, and happily saw mine got moved to In Production! Still not sure I can believe it.

Any ideas how long it takes from in production to at the dealer (in upstate NY)?
It took 14 days from leaving the plant to the rail yard in Lordstown, Ohio, and another 8 days to be trucked 33.7ish miles to the Dealership in Kent.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
2/3 Put a down payment on an Outer Banks
2/26 Outer Banks arrived and ended up being a mannequin that I could not purchase
3/17 Ordered Badlands
3/26 Ford permits mannequins to be purchased
6/10 Badlands in production, built.
6/11 Sell my Truck
6/30 Badlands delayed until 10/31
9/25 Badlands delayed until 12/24
9/25 Can't go into WInter without a car, so I lease a Big Bend on the short term
9/28 Bandlands shipped
10/16 - 10/22 Estimated delivery date.

I am now convinced that Ford is actively trying to drive me crazy.

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It took 14 days from leaving the plant to the rail yard in Lordstown, Ohio, and another 8 days to be trucked 33.7ish miles to the Dealership in Kent.
How did you get railcar number ?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you get railcar number ?
Ask your salesperson to get the railcar number from the dealers "Vehicle Visibility Report". If they say they have “no idea what you are talking about“, politely make them hand you over to someone that knows what they’re doing.

Once you get the number, (for example, mine was NKCR007467) You have to call the railroad and use their automated phone system, as there is no website that I know of, that tracks the railcar. Since the railcar should stay the same, you can use either UP or CSX to track it.

I had a hard time getting UP to understand what I was saying, so I used CSX to track it from the factory to the the CSX rail yard in Lordstown, OH.

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

I used the Aberdeen Carolina & Western Railway website to track the progress.

https://www.acwr.com/economic-development/rail-maps/class-i-freight-carriers

The Railway from the plant to Tuson was via Ferromex, http://www.ferromex.com.mx/index-eng.jsp

So using the CSX tracking, I was able to follow it when Ferromex, Union Pacific, and then CSX was hauling it.

Hope this helps!

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got on Sat. An 8pm call on Thursday.
Had to redo paper work as " they forgot"I had a price 217 days ago?
She's happy--not much time in yet?

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 20210926_141621
Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Family! Does that say "Nina's Bronco" on the side? I just went over the 200 mile mark. I've run out of "spur of the moment" local areas to go... lol

Might have to take a trip over the border to get a Tubby's mushroom steak and cheese, Better Made chips, and Faygo Rock -N- Rye!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
From that angle, the Bronco looks like the "baby" Bronco!
IMHO, the Bronco without the Sasquatch package does not look like much. For me it loses all of it's appeal on the lower suspension and smaller tires.
At that point it falls into the same category as the BS of a daily driver with some off road ability and the BS would be far better as a daily with nearly the same capability of road.
The exception being if the Bronco had all of the off road goodies and smaller tires it should be much better off road but still would not be sad good of a daily driver.
Sponsored