First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am thinking the completion of the June builds are so far down on the totem pole that we may never see them. Chips are going to current builds, F150's, and big Bronco's.
F150s and big Broncos are sitting in storage lots with missing parts or quality issues too. On big Bronco forums they are complaining June built units sit while July units build and ship. Sound familiar? Ford CFO says they have 60,000 - 70,000 incomplete vehicles sitting in storage lots. It is estimated 3 Billion worth of vehicles are sitting incomplete. But I agree with you Ford is in no hurry to complete the units sitting in lots. Mine was built June 22 and Ford is fine with it just sitting there for months and months and months. No one at Ford cares.
Sponsored

tylersmart

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jetta
F150s and big Broncos are sitting in storage lots with missing parts or quality issues too. On big Bronco forums they are complaining June built units sit while July units build and ship. Sound familiar? Ford CFO says they have 60,000 - 70,000 incomplete vehicles sitting in storage lots. It is estimated 3 Billion worth of vehicles are sitting incomplete. But I agree with you Ford is in no hurry to complete the units sitting in lots. Mine was built June 22 and Ford is fine with it just sitting there for months and months and months. No one at Ford cares.
I would be curious to see if @Ford Motor Company would care to common on the situation now that I know they lurk around here...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I would be curious to see if @Ford Motor Company would care to common on the situation now that I know they lurk around here...
They will not comment on customer ordered vehicles sitting in lots while later built units complete and ship. They do not care one bit. Once it goes in storage lot lower priority let it sit.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
They will not comment on customer ordered vehicles sitting in lots while later built units complete and ship. They do not care one bit. Once it goes in storage lot lower priority let it sit.
I know a guy that ordered a new F150 2 months ago and he has it already. And trust me, this guy has every feature/option available.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I know a guy that ordered a new F150 2 months ago and he has it already. And trust me, this guy has every feature/option available.
F150s built March / April sat in yards while units built in June and later shipped. Late June Ford completed a lot of the March / April units but many still sitting. And yes I believe your story someone ordered F150 got it quick. But thousands of F150s sat in yards incomplete for several months and some of the March / April units are still sitting...and there are huge yards with June built big Broncos sitting with 10/31 ETA dates. So this build put in storage lot to sit is wide spread...

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Meh...I am sure there may be things surfacing as time goes on, but I'll be honest, it reads like this reporter scoured the bronco sport forum, cherry picked two user reports and wrote it up as though 500,000 units are experiencing these issues.
I am aware gremlins are happening. I am aware a handful of moonroof had issues. But for the most part, knock on wood, mine has been a gem. I've been very lucky. Just based on the number of members on this board if twenty have an issue that's 1% of the vehicles.
Given that it is a new vehicle, I know there will be problems. That is why I'll be buying an extended warranty, if I actually get it. BL+BL, tow & 360. Ordered 3/5 built, 6/21. Missing parts :(

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Given that it is a new vehicle, I know there will be problems. That is why I'll be buying an extended warranty, if I actually get it. BL+BL, tow & 360. Ordered 3/5 built, 6/21. Missing parts :(
At this point....longer may be better. You might bypass some of the newborn 21 problems and have them sauced out by the time you take delivery. In have a late built badlands and knock on wood it's been a dream. None of the issue others keep having

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Double win for FORD!
Maybe this will be a new marketing strategy for FORD. Convince desperate buyers that the product is so bad they must pay extra for a better warranty. "ya need that ExtraCare policy because we let it sit in the desert for months and hired low-wagers to finish the vehicle. It's definitely not going to last"
:)

GBECK

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Internet
The Bronco Sport That I ordered is still sitting in the dessert for the past 50, days waiting on the PCM module.
Mine has been sitting since June 10th. OB OB Package no moonroof 360Plus.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Double win for FORD!
Maybe this will be a new marketing strategy for FORD. Convince desperate buyers that the product is so bad they must pay extra for a better warranty. "ya need that ExtraCare policy because we let it sit in the desert for months and hired low-wagers to finish the vehicle. It's definitely not going to last"
:)
Slap it together after months of sitting and no it does not qualify for higher rebate cause you ordered before April. But they gonna make you pay the new higher price. What a deal where do I sign!!

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
So I must be getting special care.
Ford is giving me special treatment, since by not scheduling my BS to go to production I do not have to worry about it sitting in the desert sun and providing shade for snakes, scorpions and lizards.

Plus, if I never have it built, I do not have to pay extra for an extended warranty.

Order processed 18 March - BL/BL +360, tow
Still not scheduled for production

FIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Has anyone had an issue with not receiving a scheduled for production date for two months? I’m still only seeing that my order is confirmed.
My last update came on 6.04 with a production week of 8.30. Ordered on 3.29. Keeping my fingers crossed.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So I must be getting special care.
Ford is giving me special treatment, since by not scheduling my BS to go to production I do not have to worry about it sitting in the desert sun and providing shade for snakes, scorpions and lizards.

Plus, if I never have it built, I do not have to pay extra for an extended warranty.

Order processed 18 March - BL/BL +360, tow
Still not scheduled for production
Doing you a favor with the BL/moonroof, tow/360+. Worst combo to have right now.

John36

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Any insight on when my BS will arrive? It shows 9/2 as estimated dealer delivery but also shows 22 days.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room FCEAA1D1-123A-4DE5-AF32-F850AC007231
Sponsored