Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Hang in there guys. Especially those of you waiting for the Badlands — so worth it. We got ours first week of May after ordering last December.
That is still less time than some of us will be getting ours.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That is still less time than some of us will be getting ours.
That's just bad timing and nothing more. Think about the issues mounting...we are right in the valley when many being pushed out are dealing with the problem. Sales were hotter than expected. Think about the full bronco nobody has one yet...and orders are full for the next two years. It could be worse...

Lasix

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well I ordered my badlands on the 23rd of March just 3 days after a kid pulled out in front of me and totalled my 98 Jeep wrangler. My wife and I are making the best of our only vehicle since and my build date has gone from the last week of June to the last week of July and I'm sure it will get pushed back again. This will be my first Ford and it definitely hasn't left a good taste in my mouth to say the least.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
well 'year' old is only in marketing terms…
Unless it’s been sitting in a Mexican dessert for 5 months and then passed of as “new”. Not sure I really to pay the premium for “New” car that’s been part of Ford’s customer hot weather static test in Mexico.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Unless it’s been sitting in a Mexican dessert for 5 months and then passed of as “new”
heck I believe there are regulations on how many miles they can put on a vehicle and consider it new...I get your point and certainly all the frustration, this is a year unlike any we've ever seen. By most standards, so long as it has never been sold or registered, it's new. And living in the midwest...I'd buy a car sitting in the dry desert over a car sitting on a lot in Michigan for half a year...

Swtcaro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Edge
I'm with you Terri. My production date was 6/4. Nothing ever since. Still have a delivery date of 10/31. I think Ford is stacking up BS's waiting for the final parts (chips,etc). Mine is probably sitting in a field somewhere in Mexico half built. Ford is really handling this poorly.
Mines right there with yours.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Well I ordered my badlands on the 23rd of March just 3 days after a kid pulled out in front of me and totalled my 98 Jeep wrangler. My wife and I are making the best of our only vehicle since and my build date has gone from the last week of June to the last week of July and I'm sure it will get pushed back again. This will be my first Ford and it definitely hasn't left a good taste in my mouth to say the least.
I’m kind of in the same boat as you. In the 1990’s I owned 3 new and 1 used Ford. One was a lemon and 3 were good vehicles. I drifted away from Ford to Toyota & Honda for the next 20 years. I’ve never owned a Toyota or Honda that let me down. The bad Ford I had was a Ford Windstar and it was a nightmare from day 1. I vowed to never own a Ford again.
Then came the Bronco Sport. My wife and I really liked it. We were ready to make a deal on a new Wrangler and did an about face and ordered a Bronco Sport on 2/22 and walked away from a good Wrangler deal. Oh, how we regret that decision.
The best case scenario is taking delivery 7 months after we placed our order. If we would have known that at the time we wouldn’t have placed the order and we would have purchased and enjoyed the Wrangler.
I place part of the blame on myself for giving Ford another chance.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Between me and wife we have bought 6 new fords over the years and several used ones too. Every new one had to make multiple trips back to dealer for multiple problems. And a lot of times I ended up fixing stuff myself cause dealer service incapable. Except our '16 F150 no problems other then long list of recalls that need to be done. My '88 5.0 5 spd Mustang LX Convertible I bought new, still have it, 51k miles always garaged, it went back for lots of problems first year but has been great over the decades. My kids can figure out what to do with that car after I am gone...

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Between me and wife we have bought 6 new fords over the years and several used ones too. Every new one had to make multiple trips back to dealer for multiple problems. And a lot of times I ended up fixing stuff myself cause dealer service incapable. Except our '16 F150 no problems other then long list of recalls that need to be done. My '88 5.0 5 spd Mustang LX Convertible I bought new, still have it, 51k miles always garaged, it went back for lots of problems first year but has been great over the decades. My kids can figure out what to do with that car after I am gone...
We have had fords since 1999 Wndstar, Escapes, Taurus, Mustangs F150, Rangers we also have a older Mustang 1992 LX 5.0 Summer Edition Convertible.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Starting with a 86 Mustang GT convertible I've bought at least 12 new Ford cars and trucks. I've had several used Fords as well. There was a period early in our marriage where we didn't buy any new cars but after our child became an adult we've been replacing our vehicles every three years or less.
My last two new Fords drove me away from Ford, an Explorer Sport that had exhaust gases flood the cabin and a Focus with the infamous dual clutch.
Actually what drove me away was the response from Ford of "no problem found" after initial failed attempts to resolve the issues. Both of those issues later became large class action lawsuits.
Only a new Bronco or Bronco II could get my interest back to Ford and here I am.

Edit: just remembered that my first new Ford was an 84 Ranger 4x4.

HK22

Big Bend
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F350 7.3
Ordered a BB on 3/29 and just received my window sticker. At least it’s a step in the right direction!

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ordered a BB on 3/29 and just received my window sticker. At least it’s a step in the right direction!
Me too I ordered 3/20 and got sticker 2 weeks ago , not sure I understand the tracker it says 6/11 in production , built 6/12 , delivery 28 days , but no check marks in the dots ………. What Does that mean? I recently sold 2 old cars to make space so getting ready but not in any rush as I is my company vehicle .

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 6D23D8F9-4B73-42F4-8EE7-8CC791DA18FA

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I'm all depends on the options you picked as to how quickly it will be built. Good luck.
Sponsored