nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
100% agree, on fairness and how it's done. The guy in Rochester told me right from day 1, he is in a high volume dealership with blue oval ratings and in the Detroit circle of priority. He guaranteed I'd get built. He was right. Took a couple weeks longer than anticipated, but it was pushed and built. Compared to some being shoved to October which is also what he added regarding any new orders after the April cutoff...he said October. He knew a lot more than I originally gave credit for.
Well extra yeehaw to me, not only for the Ohio part, but the really rural part. I imagine mine is waaaay down on the totem pole; way more than if I had ordered from Columbus. So much for supporting local business... :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
If this is true than I guess I’m better off buying a Jeep Wrangler. Built in Ohio.
Maybe Ford is just as screwed up as their Governor in Michigan.
Just got an email, now 8/23 build. And they will keep me informed??
OB moonroof 2/22 0rder?

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I think we all have a line in the sand.
Yeah, I'm gonna make a decision on that this weekend / next week. Technically 4 days bump doesn't change things that much for me. If it spills over to August then I'm definitely out. Considering where chip shortage is right now and past order history, another bump is more likely than not.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah, I'm gonna make a decision on that this weekend / next week. Technically 4 days bump doesn't change things that much for me. If it spills over to August then I'm definitely out. Considering where chip shortage is right now and past order history, another bump is more likely than not.
I want to believe the chip issue has hit bottom and it's a short supply slowly rebounding. I am probably too optimistic but it just seems like everything is picking up.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
At what point does the value of getting a 2021 model Badlands ordered prior to 15 April really mean that you are paying MSRP for a year old auto ?
If Ford does start taking orders for 2022 models on 30 August, at least we will be able to see what new/different features are offered and at what price before we get ours delivered.
I suspect that SYNC 4 and greater availability of 2.0 engines will lead the parade of differences.

I might be less grumpy about getting a year old vehicle if Ford extended the warranty to five years.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
At what point does the value of getting a 2021 model Badlands ordered prior to 15 April really mean that you are paying MSRP for a year old auto ?
If Ford does start taking orders for 2022 models on 30 August, at least we will be able to see what new/different features are offered and at what price before we get ours delivered.
I suspect that SYNC 4 and greater availability of 2.0 engines will lead the parade of differences.

I might be less grumpy about getting a year old vehicle if Ford extended the warranty to five years.
well 'year' old is only in marketing terms. The 'year' is when they release the model. When it's actually built is what starts it's mechanical...and warranty clock. I'd agree, there are some incredibly simple and 'free' things Ford can do to rectify. So slap an extra year or two on warranty repairs...yeah perhaps over the long haul it may cost them a lot, but so does losing customers.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

Ford is switching to Android for its infotainment systems by 2023. So I'm sure their not going to upgrade Bronco Sport to Sync 4.

Edit: link to article

Bummer :crying:

BeatrixBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Lincoln MKZ, Jeep Renegade
yall can have the moron called the governor. Nothing but trouble since day one in office.
Since when is this a political forum???:angry:

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Hang in there guys. Especially those of you waiting for the Badlands — so worth it. We got ours first week of May after ordering last December.

BeatrixBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Lincoln MKZ, Jeep Renegade