R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
No cover for me…. As long as it doesn’t hurt the engine, not too concerned. Since it took over 7 months to get my OB in the first place,
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 7429337A-C8F8-470F-901B-01405A4EFBFC
I didn’t want to hangout any longer at the dealership than needed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I can’t believe this thread has gone as long as it has. I laugh every time i see it.
ENGINE COVERS!!!!!!!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 4A20C2F6-422F-41FB-B4FD-CCE93E25F8DC
It's a guy thing!
If engine covers are so useless, why has Ford and other manufacturers built millions of cars and trucks with them?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t believe this thread has gone as long as it has. I laugh every time i see it.
ENGINE COVERS!!!!!!!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 4A20C2F6-422F-41FB-B4FD-CCE93E25F8DC
I’m going to post something every few days/weeks just to beep it going… :rockon:

By the way, has there been any official word that either having the cover or not makes a difference to the wiring and/or engine? As I previously stated, if it has no effect on my BS, I am not concerned. I’ve never been obsessed with the looks of the engine bay….

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a guy thing!
If engine covers are so useless, why has Ford and other manufacturers built millions of cars and trucks with them?
Because stupid people keep hitting their heads on the engine!!
It’s the same reason the hair dryer warning label says “Do not use while sleeping“

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because stupid people keep hitting their heads on the engine!!
It’s the same reason the hair dryer warning label says “Do not use while sleeping“
Great! Now that there are no more stupid people in this world to hit their head on the engine, it only makes sense to leave the covers off.
Thanks Bird!

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great! Now that there are no more stupid people in this world to hit their head on the engine, it only makes sense to leave the covers off.
Thanks Bird!
Anytime! I'm a master of worthless information! ??

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
No cover for me…. As long as it doesn’t hurt the engine, not too concerned. Since it took over 7 months to get my OB in the first place,
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 7429337A-C8F8-470F-901B-01405A4EFBFC
I didn’t want to hangout any longer at the dealership than needed.
Looks fine to me. Ya can't drive without the hood being down. What is the hood? A big engine cover. Complaining about something you don't see 99.99% of the time is a waste of energy to me. If mine didn't have it, I certainly wouldn't pay extra just to get it. But everybody's different.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It's a guy thing!
I am not commenting on they’re functionality or necessity as that seems to be debatable. More just the thread, and the down right righteous indignation of some, and I do find that a little comical. It’s like the thread will flare up, then go quiet, then someone else will come on torche in hand, like yeah! I didn’t get one either! I told my dealer X and they said Y etc. I don’t know as much about cars is probably most of you, but I know when buying a car I was told to always put up the hood even if I don’t know what I’m looking at. I look under the hood, (as I am a person of some measurable intelligence) and I look underneath it and it’s done me well. I’ve found cars with the stuff falling off underneath and I never would’ve noticed that I not put my head under there, or I probably would’ve noticed if the car didn’t have an engine cover before I bought my bronco sport, so I’m surprised that more of you guys don’t do that, being car guys and off roaders.
I’m not trying to make fun, just poking a little fun.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not commenting on they’re functionality or necessity as that seems to be debatable. More just the thread, and the down right righteous indignation of some, and I do find that a little comical. It’s like the thread will flare up, then go quiet, then someone else will come on torche in hand, like yeah! I didn’t get one either! I told my dealer X and they said Y etc. I don’t know as much about cars is probably most of you, but I know when buying a car I was told to always put up the hood even if I don’t know what I’m looking at. I look under the hood, (as I am a person of some measurable intelligence) and I look underneath it and it’s done me well. I’ve found cars with the stuff falling off underneath and I never would’ve noticed that I not put my head under there, or I probably would’ve noticed if the car didn’t have an engine cover before I bought my bronco sport, so I’m surprised that more of you guys don’t do that, being car guys and off roaders.
I’m not trying to make fun, just poking a little fun.
I am having fun! I think most of us are having fun with this also. Gotta laugh at something the way the world is now.