Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Don't think there ever was a fabric liner. What you ARE missing is a real spare tire. :cwl:

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 7B6B5800-4B9B-4C0A-977F-4726955CC7EB
Don't think there ever was a fabric liner. What you ARE missing is a real spare tire. :cwl:

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 7B6B5800-4B9B-4C0A-977F-4726955CC7EB
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651499336181

Screen grab from thread "Removing rear internal trim panels experience"
compliments ChefDank

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651499336181

Screen grab from thread "Removing rear internal trim panels experience"
compliments ChefDank
Maybe some did have it somewhere in time. Then some had this.

My '22 Outer Banks didn't come with ambient lit cup holders like the '21s. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I just added them myself since the wiring was there and took about 5 minutes. Outer Banks built since mine don't even have the wiring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's the breaks. You can accept the changes or work yourself up and be outraged like the OP of this thread was at the beginning.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My '22 Outer Banks didn't come with ambient lit cup holders like the '21s. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I just added them myself since the wiring was there and took about 5 minutes. Outer Banks built since mine don't even have the wiring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's the breaks. You can accept the changes or work yourself up and be outraged like the OP of this thread was at the beginning.
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651500967331

If you allow yourself to get worked up you've already lost
Retired guy
Puts Ford on notice - why not?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You have to know your exact trim and build components to know what's missing and what's not included. The photo posted upthread and the video are both apparently Badlands, but are they Badlands with the upgrade package or without? Even that could make the difference. Those packages on the option builder don't tell you 100% of the story. If you don't like the engine cover drop Ford pulled, you sure won't like the spare tire pad upgrade at nearly $500.
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! Capture.JPG

As I highlighted, it should be there on builds that have that "noise insulation pack" and other ones probably have that small $86 pad. Or maybe they only go on certain date ranges; Ford should know that information by VIN. Mine has the Badland upgrade package and I have the larger pad under the tire. If I didn't, I might look at a $20 shredded denim moving blanket from Uhaul and a tub of contact cement from Ace for $7 before busting out the checkbook at the Ford part counter.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! Capture.JPG

BlueBayeux

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2007 Cadillac Escalade
FORD is down playing the need for the cover call it a vanity cover which is an unnecessary part. My take on all this is Ford decided to save production costs because of the numerous recalls and sell the covers as an accessory make some money back on the overall costs of the recalls.
Has anybody received any feedback from Ford about missing engine covers?
Maybe if enough people complain Ford will rectify this...
My salesman wrote to me via text that this is a "vanity" part. He further discounted my concerns over other possible missing parts I wanted him to check on such as the Manual and the Spare Kit. He was condescending at best and said "you do realize there is a shortage right"? And, "don't worry you'll get everything that's on the sticker". And then, "I can refund your money if you'd like". I had already wired the entire $42k+ (I live in Dallas & the car was in Houston) but he could care less about my business. The guy was a little prick. The General Manager got involved at that point. He had one of his guys pick me up at the airport 40 miles away during 5 o'clock traffic, had all of my paperwork ready, and because the engine cover was missing, he ordered one for me. 5 days after I picked up my BS, it was mailed directly to my house. This was all last week (4/26/22). My take after our discussion is that because they are one of the top Ford dealerships "consistently" in the country, he wanted to avoid any type of negative review I might leave. But I also hope he wanted a happy customer, which I am, because he turned things around. These covers are available. Maybe not plentiful but definitely around. My advice to anyone having ANY issues with their BS and a non-responsive salesperson is to go straight to the GM. Everything bad (and good) seems to fall on them and they have the power to change that.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I need to stay away from this thread, I write up this huge paragraph and then just delete it as its not worth it lol

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spare tire pan liner
sales rep put the warranty coordinator on the job
until I get the official word
tray lined with foam flooring underlayment remnant from previous install
double layered
feels good man

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651520947672

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I need to stay away from this thread, I write up this huge paragraph and then just delete it as its not worth it lol
It's best for short whips and a good laugh

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got my Bronco Sport a year ago, was the only Badlands within 50 miles, I didn't custom order it. I got lucky that I found it on a lot that had ordered a bunch of them before the shortages started and made out with like 7. They had 1 Badlands, 2 Outer Banks, and 4 Big Bends. I test drove a Big Bend at another dealership, cause I'd started seeing these come out and I really liked them. But it seemed pretty basic. When I expressed that to the dealer, he said they had an Outer Banks so I drove that too. A lot nicer on the interior, but it didn't have the pickup I wanted, plus I wanted one with a hitch and the 4wd option. So obviously I went in search of a Badlands. I took the engine cover off after I got it cause I didn't really care for it, too plain, but I'm working on doing it up to give it more life and I think I'm gonna reinstall it here when I'm done. All I got done so far is the ford lettering painted white but I have big plans for it lol

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Outraged? Not really, just upset like I said in the thread title. This thread has been a lot of fun though! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Has anybody received any feedback from Ford about missing engine covers?
Maybe if enough people complain Ford will rectify this...
Kodiakbear

I'm a brand-new member and just saw this post. I ordered a '23 BS Outer Banks in August. Do you think it's a safe bet that it will not have an engine cover? If so, could you tell me the best place to order one. I'm a retired mechanic and will install it myself.

Update: Picked my '23 OBX on January 11. No engine cover so I bought one and installed it myself. Simple DIY job. Also did Redline hood struts, hood insulation pad, and a Steeda strut tower brace.
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 100_6575.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: