EBRB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Not beating a dead horse… but I was mildly flustered and perplexed there was no engine cover.
even more perplexed when a windshield wiper (driver side) fell off during heavy rains and wind. Pulled to a local auto parts store (very f*****g cautiously since I could barely see through the sheet of water), went to replace the wiper, but the hood has to be up to replace it…. Top of the engine pretty much pooled and overflowed with water…

joy…

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I actually took mine off and fried the morning eggs and bacon on it! No better eggs then engine cover eggs.
Doesn't that come out a bit oily?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Not yet, but I know you did ?
Yep, I hug my engine cover every morning before I even get dressed!
If you think stealing catalytic converters is bad, wait until they start stealing engine covers!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
went to replace the wiper, but the hood has to be up to replace it…. Top of the engine pretty much pooled and overflowed with water…

joy…
Actually, you'll be as surprised as I was, with the ignition off, you can grab ahold of the wiper arm and give it a yank to pull it up and then fold it down into a workable position. Tuck it all back when done and they'll park again after the next cycle.

EDIT: A TSB from Ford says don't do this. Since I stumbled onto this post again, I am updating it. The proper method is to activate them and shut the car off at the high point. Then turn it on to lower them. Of course, if you leave them up, that is extremely dangerous for the below:
You can also do this to prevent them from freezing to the window, but man, if you forget to put them back down, they'll do a heck of a job to the edge of the hood with the metal arm!
Sponsored

Last edited: